Utada Net.com Forum Index
   General Utada Discussion
  If anyone here made it big as a singer-songwriter, would you write a whole album about HIkki?

Bottom   Previous Topic   Next Topic
<12
  •  Topic options
Poster Thread
  •  Unregistered
      Unregistered
Re: If anyone here made it big as a singer-songwriter, would you write a whole album about HIkki?
guest_Unregistered
If I thought I could do the songs any justice, I might do an album of Hikki COVER tunes, but not songs ABOUT her; that might be seen as creepy and stalker-ish!
Posted on: 2009/9/12 5:11
  •  JimJam
      JimJam
Re: If anyone here made it big as a singer-songwriter, would you write a whole album about HIkki?
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L 25 / M / UK
I wouldn't write songs about her, just mention her in passing like she does.

Maybe not even directly call her name, maybe name a song or mention a lyric containing "U-Hoo"* or something that no one but you could understand, but later when questioned explain the reference.

*For those who don't understand it "'U'tada 'H'ikar'oo'" = U-Hoo, lol
Posted on: 2009/9/12 7:02
  •  sswx2187
      sswx2187
Addicted to Hikki
A/S/L
What is this thread about exactly? Idiocy? Seriously, no person could make it big and survive if they made a WHOLE album about hikki.. Even a whole song about hikki would be just to f\/cking weird.

Notice she has written songs mentioning poe, freddie mercury, led zeppelin etc.. but she has never written a whole song about them.. much less an album.. oh yeah.. she wasn't the least bit subtle either.

It's not like she is immortal, nobility, sacred, omniscient, or has had even THAT interesting of a life. She will be dead in less than 100 years.
Posted on: 2009/9/12 21:34
  •  Unregistered
      Unregistered
guest_Unregistered
Well, but as a musician and a human being, she IS rather interesting. I can see maybe a brief mention in a lyric by a fan (like me), for example. I just can't see an entire album, yanno?
Posted on: 2009/9/13 6:03
  •  lolztrunkz
      lolztrunkz
UtadaNet Regular
A/S/L 20/M/SoCal
Wow reading all the responses has made me rethink of making a whole album about her. Instead, I'd probably write a set of songs about her and release them on separate albums...sort of like a story line(my imagination running again lol). If it was rap, I'd do it ala Jay-Z grammy family freestyle. Those were some serious verses there.
Posted on: 2009/9/13 8:31
  •  sswx2187
      sswx2187
Addicted to Hikki
A/S/L
Quote:

lolztrunkz If it was rap, I'd do it ala Jay-Z grammy family freestyle. Those were some serious verses there.

Good luck on your journey.. I hope you enjoy music because creating it is a long growth experiment in knowing ones self. I wish you luck! If you are a fan of spoken word (rap but actually Hip-Hop) then I recommend you make your way over to this wikipedia page:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki?search=Hip+Hop
sorry I cannot link on my iPhone. Please read entirely and pay special attention to the "cultural pillars of hip-hop.". The point is that anyone could do it but very few people have done it all. If you are able to master these pillers you will have ultimate respect in this circle. Ultimate.. The highest degree. And believe me it takes a chunk of your life to get there. For the genuine, music and hip hop is a lifestyle. It is not a hobby. As such posers are easy to spot.
Music is pertaining to the muse. Muses are protectors of their art. Have the proper intentions or don't do it at all. Try listening to better artists than jay z. Listen to newer run DMc, blackalicious, All natural, madlib tha beat conducta, Jedi mind tricks, mos def's the ecstatic, Rjd2, rza, Typical cats.. And so on
Posted on: 2009/9/13 16:56
 Top   Previous Topic   Next Topic
<12