123>
  •  Topic options
Poster Thread
  •  JimJam
      JimJam
Why do you not like EXODUS?
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L 25 / M / UK
I wanna see why so many people hate EXODUS so much.
I just don't understand it, because it has such a nice variety of extremely catchy and nice songs (Hotel Lobby, Kremlin Dusk, Exodus '04 etc.)

Plus, it has possibly Utada's BEST song ever to date, the amazing, the wonderful Kremlin Dusk! How can you call it a bad album if such an amazing song (which a lot of people agree) is on it?

So, I'd like to hear some genuine reasons why people don't like it. I don't wanna see "Because it's too experimental" or "She sounds weird singing about sexual topics" etc. - unless you have a REASON for it. What makes it too experimental? Why does it put you off to hear her sing about sexual topics?

Now, let's hear it!
Posted on: 2009/8/24 17:56
  •  Amaterasu
      Amaterasu
Re: Why do you not like EXODUS?
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L 26/M/Canada
Poorly written lyrics, awkward use of language, annoying pitches in songs, the extension and over use of a single syllable (You-u-u-u-u-uuuuuuuu), and lack of proper melodies for most songs makes this album a definite loser for me.

For Kremlin Dusk, the whole Mr. Edgar Allan Poe bit can totally go. If it were not for the better part of the latter half of the song, the track would have been a waste.

There are only a handful of tracks that I enjoy, and a handful that I hate. And the others I simply dislike.

These are my opinions.
Posted on: 2009/8/24 21:20
  •  JimJam
      JimJam
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L 25 / M / UK
Quote:

Amaterasu wrote:
Poorly written lyrics, awkward use of language, annoying pitches in songs, the extension and over use of a single syllable (You-u-u-u-u-uuuuuuuu), and lack of proper melodies for most songs makes this album a definite loser for me.

For Kremlin Dusk, the whole Mr. Edgar Allan Poe bit can totally go. If it were not for the better part of the latter half of the song, the track would have been a waste.

There are only a handful of tracks that I enjoy, and a handful that I hate. And the others I simply dislike.

These are my opinions.

I'm glad you at least gave your opinions. I have to whole-heartedly disagree, but I feel that you could raise a point to others who may not like it either.
I think what I like about it is that my friends like Utada now because of this album. They were truly impressed.

But yes,each to their own!
Posted on: 2009/8/24 21:25
Hikki Fanatic
A/S/L 16 / M / Palembang
It's about different tastes of music man!
You don't need to control what people should like and shouldn't.
Posted on: 2009/8/24 22:12
UtadaNet Newbie
A/S/L
everyone is entitled to their opinions but honestly, utada is a genius songwriter
you try writing music in 2 different languages, actually, just try writing one song in english and see if anyone likes it. its not so simple. i loved exodus (the entire album) the album cannot be singled out in just one genre. it was more experimental, for the sake of making music like no other. thats the best kind of music
Posted on: 2009/8/24 22:43
  •  teiku5
      teiku5
Addicted to Hikki
A/S/L USA
I love EXODUS! The only thing that brings it down is the quality, could of been polished a bit more, like during the mastering stage or something.

If she was to release EXODUS with some updates like the ones she did for the UTADA UNITED songs, it would be up their with all her other albums.
Posted on: 2009/8/25 0:37
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L eighteen&female&california
as usual, some of her overly sexualized tracks felt like they were missing depth.

imo.
Posted on: 2009/8/25 1:29
  •  LoBFCanti
      LoBFCanti
Insane Hikki Fan
A/S/L 20/M/Brooklyn,NY
Yeah I just kinda liked how Tippy Toe sounded.It was meh on the lyrics.Devil Inside gets a get out of jail free card.I actually think Hotel Lobby is grammy worthy.
Posted on: 2009/8/25 1:41
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L eighteen&female&california
Quote:

LoBFCanti wrote:
Yeah I just kinda liked how Tippy Toe sounded.It was meh on the lyrics.Devil Inside gets a get out of jail free card.I actually think Hotel Lobby is grammy worthy.

i like all three of those songs actually.

really, i'm talking about workout here.
Posted on: 2009/8/25 1:52
  •  LoBFCanti
      LoBFCanti
Insane Hikki Fan
A/S/L 20/M/Brooklyn,NY
You'll like it one day.
Posted on: 2009/8/25 2:04
 Top   Previous Topic   Next Topic
123>