Poster Thread
  •  Amaterasu
      Amaterasu
Re: Swallowtail and his imagination
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L 26/M/Canada
I love debates. Let's rock.

Quote:
1. This is the biggest Utada fansite with over 7000 members, there are minor but if the public sees this it may look bad on this credibility of this site

Damned good point. No contest from me. But you should have perhaps stated this earlier.

Quote:
2. I'm not thinking on one perspective only.
First : Shuri/Eli you got wrong point of view when you said, when your sister talking a compliment about Joe Jonas (i don't know about him...The Jonas Brother Band perhaps, correct me if i'm wrong) and lets say we change Utada to your sister, first you guys said she got nice breast and you think its still a compliment and next they talking about nipple.

That is quite an unfair point to make. You have changed the topic to from drooling over a stranger to someone drooling about a person that you care about. People don't think objectively when emotions are involved.

Quote:
Second : Lets say this girl is your friends and think about what i said earlier

It is common for men to have sexual thoughts about their female friends.

Quote:
Third : Think as you were Teruzane Utada , does anyone of you ever think that thread also insult him since HIkaru were his daughter.

This is hypothetical and a subjective question. Let's not presume to bring further WHAT IFs into the debate as it has no real world bearing.

Quote:
Fourth : Think you were on her side, she not consider that also a sexual harassment.

Ask Utada. She may think of it as a compliment. She may hate it, she may think it's weird. I'm not her. Again, a WHAT IF statement. Harassment can also be defined as repeated unwanted sexual advances. No one is in the near capable position to do this to Hikaru.

Quote:
Sexual harassment not just physically , mentally but you can do that by words.

None of the comments were ever meant to be addressed to her. It is not harassing in nature.

Quote:
Another point of view. Let say you and your friends in a cafe and saw a sexy girl in your perspective. And you guys talking about part of her body and etc ,what id this girl know and her friends will she just quiet and not consider that as sexual harassment. And trying to take different view she was your friends. Will yo stand still and do nothing.

Women do that to men all the time. Likewise, the reverse happens too. Although your grammar has fallen apart and I don't quite understand what you mean. In any case, it can be taken as either rude behaviour or a compliment. It depends on the situation and the girl.

Quote:
And this time we were just Utada fans no more no less , have any one of you ever spoke in person to Utada and be her friends.

What does being Hikaru's friend have anything to do with this? Sexual harassment is sexual harassment. Between family, co-workers, friends or strangers. But again - I don't see any harassment here.

You use the term sexual harassment too liberally. It is a horribly subjective term in which it has no boundry for application. I can offer you, a fellow man, a cup of water and you can take me to court for sexual harassment and have a case.

The point is simply this: beyond your first point, I really don't see any real reason to close the thread. Where does harassment come in? Has anyone pestered UH or made sexual advances or annoyed her in a sexual manner? Does anyone here even have the ability to see her in person to follow through with this said 'sexual harassment'. If you wanted to print off my picture and choke your chicken over it, that's your business. But so long as you aren't telling me about it, or bothering me about it directly - there's no harassment case at all.

If anything, the thread was a good testiment to 'boys being boys' and was a blight on this forum's level of dignity. It was unbecoming and a bit slovenly. But you're making a big fuss over this. A line has to be drawn, a practical one.
Posted on: 2009/8/25 21:19
  •  SwallowTail
      SwallowTail
A/S/L ∞ / M / Indonesia
Well every body have a different perspective and it will keep crossing each other. Maybe some blood will end it

Hey maybe you were right Amaterasu mayb i should point it earlier

This is the biggest Utada fansite with over 7000 members, there are minor but if the public sees this it may look bad on this credibility of this site

oh man to explanation huh, just with one sentence can make you understand

PS : not in the right place moved to General Discussion
Posted on: 2009/8/25 22:00
  •  yvliew
      yvliew
Hikki Fanatic
A/S/L
we can only realized that SwallowTail is one little obsessed hall monitor boy/girl which nobody really cares.

"This is the biggest Utada fansite with over 7000 members, there are minor but if the public sees this it may look bad on this credibility of this site"

so what? don't u think minor these days get exposed to boobs/sexy outfit/cleavage ?? Which country are you from????? the internet is a dangerous place, minor goes to the internet should be supervised by their parents. It's self responsibilities. Unlock the thread. You have no valid point to lock it up until now.
Posted on: 2009/8/25 22:19
  •  ItsDaveyJ
      ItsDaveyJ
Addicted to Hikki
A/S/L 19/m/ny
Quote:

Shurikid wrote:

First of all, NO. I can tell when a guy has abs even if he's wearing a shirt. It's obvious. Second of all, you're right, a girl can't hide her breasts- NOR should she feel compelled to under any circumstances! A woman's breasts are natural. Clothing is unnatural. This is what I'm trying to get at. Western modesty is such BS; it's all about feeling ashamed of the physical human body and trying to avoid any sort of discussion about it whatsoever except when absolutely necessary. There is NO DIFFERENCE between a man's chest and a woman's chest except for socially conditioned perceptions resulting from a twisted development of the human consciousness. Also, you claim the responsibility is not on the woman, but I repeat that, in the end, no one else dresses her. If Utada didn't want to wear something, it's not like she would have to; it's ultimately her choice. Moreover, it's not like it can be MY FAULT for looking at her breasts. I'm not going to pretend a completely obvious part of the female body doesn't exist just to serve some weird concept of morality that someone else wants to impose upon me. Women have breasts. I notice them. That isn't my fault. Blame nature. See if it cares.

People weren't only posing pictures. They were commenting on her breasts and how they found them to be nice/sexually appealing/whatever. I.E., discussion. So your "other note" fails.

Shuri/Eli

You aren't listening to the point I was making about abs. Abs CAN be hidden, and to be seen they take off their shirt. I usually can tell if a person has abs, not from looking at their stomach, but the rest of their body. If that is in shape, usually the abs are too. Since when did this discussion turn into criticizing western culture? I would beg to differ there too, if you want a culture who tries to hide the body, look at the middle east. Westerners celebrate the body, a lot more than other cultures. Utada said so herself, she can walk down a street in NYC in a mini skirt, but if she did that in Japan she would be thought as kind of trampy. Same with the bathing suit in Easy Breezy.

And your arguement for nobody else dressing Utada, as I pointed out, is completely invalid. First, celebrities don't always get a say in what they wear, they usually will throw on what the stylist hands them, even if they don't like it. Not to mention if they have deals with certain fashion designers or are doing a commercial with a director who has a specific image in mind of what sort of outfit he wants the celebrity to wear. This excuse of "a woman should be more mindful of what she wears, its not our fault that we look at --- because she decided to wear something that shows ---" is getting old. Face it, it is an excuse. While I do agree that a certain amount of responsibility comes with the girl and what she chooses to put on, but someone should not have to make an effort to not wear anything that reveals any part of her body because she doesn't want a guy staring at it. To me, although I admit the scenario is totally different, but I find the mindset similar, when people say when a guy hits a girl, "well she must have done something to cause him to hit her." No. There isn't an excuse! Quit acting like the men aren't to blame and it is the women provoking the men to do a certain action. Take responsibility for yourself. And realize that the situation is different between men and women in this area. Women have had a large history of being sexually harassed. So you can't say one thing about one sex and say the same about the other and expect it to be okay. And women always get the negative aspect of this, ie: a man sleeps around a lot, he's the man. A woman sleeps around a lot, she is a (censored). etc. etc.

Gah sorry this is so long and crappily put together, I'm typing this right before I go to bed. Which probably isn't the smartest thing but oh well
Posted on: 2009/8/25 22:29
  •  Studebaker
      Studebaker
Hikki Fanatic
A/S/L
Hmmm.

I thought about saying something, but seeing as how eloquent yet forward the discussion's been here, I thought it best not to mess it up. =P

I will say, however, that I left hikaru.sc because I thought it had lost its credibility; and that in part dealt with what I interpreted as disrespect and outright meanness from members when it came to Utada's "let's do mainstream now" resolve. That, and how every other word was "bitch," "fierce," and "cunt." I don't think Utadanet will ever crumble like Utada-Online did. But seeing a topic like the breast thread made me a little nervous.

Am I being uptight? Probably. Yeah, I am.
SwallowTail, as an former mod at U-O (albeit a young one), I think I understand how you want to protect the integrity of this communinity; however, did you consult anyone else from the staff before making your decision? I always think it's nice to hear a second opinion before capitalizing on my own. It might prevent an post storm.

Then again, I suppose I could answer my own question, since no administration/moderation other than you have posted in this thread...
Posted on: 2009/8/25 22:29
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L 18/GQ?/CA
Quote:

ItsDaveyJ wrote:

You aren't listening to the point I was making about abs. Abs CAN be hidden, and to be seen they take off their shirt. I usually can tell if a person has abs, not from looking at their stomach, but the rest of their body. If that is in shape, usually the abs are too. Since when did this discussion turn into criticizing western culture? I would beg to differ there too, if you want a culture who tries to hide the body, look at the middle east. Westerners celebrate the body, a lot more than other cultures. Utada said so herself, she can walk down a street in NYC in a mini skirt, but if she did that in Japan she would be thought as kind of trampy. Same with the bathing suit in Easy Breezy.

And your arguement for nobody else dressing Utada, as I pointed out, is completely invalid. First, celebrities don't always get a say in what they wear, they usually will throw on what the stylist hands them, even if they don't like it. Not to mention if they have deals with certain fashion designers or are doing a commercial with a director who has a specific image in mind of what sort of outfit he wants the celebrity to wear. This excuse of "a woman should be more mindful of what she wears, its not our fault that we look at --- because she decided to wear something that shows ---" is getting old. Face it, it is an excuse. While I do agree that a certain amount of responsibility comes with the girl and what she chooses to put on, but someone should not have to make an effort to not wear anything that reveals any part of her body because she doesn't want a guy staring at it. To me, although I admit the scenario is totally different, but I find the mindset similar, when people say when a guy hits a girl, "well she must have done something to cause him to hit her." No. There isn't an excuse! Quit acting like the men aren't to blame and it is the women provoking the men to do a certain action. Take responsibility for yourself. And realize that the situation is different between men and women in this area. Women have had a large history of being sexually harassed. So you can't say one thing about one sex and say the same about the other and expect it to be okay. And women always get the negative aspect of this, ie: a man sleeps around a lot, he's the man. A woman sleeps around a lot, she is a (censored). etc. etc.

Gah sorry this is so long and crappily put together, I'm typing this right before I go to bed. Which probably isn't the smartest thing but oh well

So am I to assume you approve of the Middle Eastern styled sexual repression? Because you are essentially advocating the same concept: men should not look at a woman's flesh unless they are intimate or something of the sort. The only difference is that in some parts of the Middle East they have actually introduced the only POSSIBLE manner in which to enforce this kind of morality: by keeping women entirely covered up. Otherwise men WILL look at women. They know this because it is a fact of nature. Historically, you can see the same trends in Western culture- women used to be forced to cover up their entire bodies so as to reveal a minimal amount of flesh. It has now been reduced to more of a mentality, but it is no less mistaken. Both Western and Middle Eastern cultures defy nature: Western culture provides a deranged mindset, Middle Eastern culture provides a manner in which to enforce that same mindset. But you're right, this thread isn't about bashing Western culture. I disagree with any perception of the world that calls for the prohibition of harmless natural tendencies.

How far back on the "it's not her fault" scale do we have to go? You're the one making excuses. Celebrities choose their lifestyle. They should know what is in store for them. If they don't want to wear revealing clothes, they shouldn't become involved in an industry in which that is the norm: OR they should actively speak out against it and try to reform said industry from within. However, Utada does not object to the clothes she wears, and I would go so far as to say that she does not think twice about them. For goodness' sake, she writes songs explicitly about being flirtatious and cheating with men who are married! I highly doubt she would be disturbed or threatened by a thread discussing her breasts. What hypocrisy it is to try and defend Utada's innocence and then go and blast "Dirty Desire" on your mp3 player! She isn't an angel, she isn't concerned with people discussing her body, because if she was she wouldn't be writing songs about using her body the way she does. What, are you going to claim that stylists write her songs for her now, too?

And you're absolutely right: a girl should not be concerned with what she wears because she should not be concerned with having people look at her body! It's there to look at! Nobody's hurting her by looking at her boobs. It's not my fault if she's ashamed of them to the extent that she would feel "sexually harassed". Right, because my eyes are going to undress her and take her against her will. This is such blatant reverse sexism. There is no way a man could ever realistically file sexual harassment charges against a woman for staring at his crotch; the court would throw it out as immaterial. After all, how could a woman EVER harass man? It's unthinkable! Women are strong and independent and completely equal to men in every way- that is, UNTIL it comes time for them to own up to their responsibilities. Then they play the "oh we've been oppressed for so long and we can't hurt anybody we're weak and vulnerable" card- and nobody sees the contradiction here? Let me tell you, I know what the heck oppression is. I'm a bisexual Native American living in America. I like to wear feminine clothing and make-up. I have seen my share of discrimination. But none of that would matter to ANYONE if I were to go out and slap a woman because, purely by virtue of the fact that I was born as a male, that would be considered harassment. If a female, however, was to commit the same act of aggression against me, I would be expected to suck it up and take it like a man. So don't pull the "it's not the same thing!" routine with me: a slap is a slap. Women are not excusable merely because they have breasts and a vagina. Get over it.

(I'm also posting this just before bed. I know exactly what you mean. xD)

EDIT:
Quote:

SwallowTail wrote:
Well every body have a different perspective and it will keep crossing each other. Maybe some blood will end it

This is the biggest Utada fansite with over 7000 members, there are minor but if the public sees this it may look bad on this credibility of this site

Please provide the rule I asked for before. I don't care how many members there are on this site or what the public thinks of it: you aren't a PR spokesperson, you're a moderator. If people won't join the site because of a thread about Utada's boobs than they're probably too prude to be bothered with anyway. Either way, it's unimportant- the expectation is that you will regulate the site fairly and without bias, Swallowtail, and you need to show us that's what you did. I would like the rule you based your decision upon. Please and thank you.

Shuri/Eli
Posted on: 2009/8/25 23:26
  •  LoBFCanti
      LoBFCanti
Insane Hikki Fan
A/S/L 20/M/Brooklyn,NY
Quote:

Shurikid wrote:
Quote:

ItsDaveyJ wrote:

So am I to assume you approve of the Middle Eastern styled sexual repression? Because you are essentially advocating the same concept: men should not look at a woman's flesh unless they are intimate or something of the sort. The only difference is that in some parts of the Middle East they have actually introduced the only POSSIBLE manner in which to enforce this kind of morality: by keeping women entirely covered up. Otherwise men WILL look at women. They know this because it is a fact of nature. Historically, you can see the same trends in Western culture- women used to be forced to cover up their entire bodies so as to reveal a minimal amount of flesh. It has now been reduced to more of a mentality, but it is no less mistaken. Both Western and Middle Eastern cultures defy nature: Western culture provides a deranged mindset, Middle Eastern culture provides a manner in which to enforce that same mindset. But you're right, this thread isn't about bashing Western culture. I disagree with any perception of the world that calls for the prohibition of harmless natural tendencies.

How far back on the "it's not her fault" scale do we have to go? You're the one making excuses. Celebrities choose their lifestyle. They should know what is in store for them. If they don't want to wear revealing clothes, they shouldn't become involved in an industry in which that is the norm: OR they should actively speak out against it and try to reform said industry from within. However, Utada does not object to the clothes she wears, and I would go so far as to say that she does not think twice about them. For goodness' sake, she writes songs explicitly about being flirtatious and cheating with men who are married! I highly doubt she would be disturbed or threatened by a thread discussing her breasts. What hypocrisy it is to try and defend Utada's innocence and then go and blast "Dirty Desire" on your mp3 player! She isn't an angel, she isn't concerned with people discussing her body, because if she was she wouldn't be writing songs about using her body the way she does. What, are you going to claim that stylists write her songs for her now, too?

And you're absolutely right: a girl should not be concerned with what she wears because she should not be concerned with having people look at her body! It's there to look at! Nobody's hurting her by looking at her boobs. It's not my fault if she's ashamed of them to the extent that she would feel "sexually harassed". Right, because my eyes are going to undress her and take her against her will. This is such blatant reverse sexism. There is no way a man could ever realistically file sexual harassment charges against a woman for staring at his crotch; the court would throw it out as immaterial. After all, how could a woman EVER harass man? It's unthinkable! Women are strong and independent and completely equal to men in every way- that is, UNTIL it comes time for them to own up to their responsibilities. Then they play the "oh we've been oppressed for so long and we can't hurt anybody we're weak and vulnerable" card- and nobody sees the contradiction here? Let me tell you, I know what the heck oppression is. I'm a bisexual Native American living in America. I like to wear feminine clothing and make-up. I have seen my share of discrimination. But none of that would matter to ANYONE if I were to go out and slap a woman because, purely by virtue of the fact that I was born as a male, that would be considered harassment. If a female, however, was to commit the same act of aggression against me, I would be expected to suck it up and take it like a man. So don't pull the "it's not the same thing!" routine with me: a slap is a slap. Women are not excusable merely because they have breasts and a vagina. Get over it.

(I'm also posting this just before bed. I know exactly what you mean. xD)

EDIT:
Quote:

SwallowTail wrote:

Please provide the rule I asked for before. I don't care how many members there are on this site or what the public thinks of it: you aren't a PR spokesperson, you're a moderator. If people won't join the site because of a thread about Utada's boobs than they're probably too prude to be bothered with anyway. Either way, it's unimportant- the expectation is that you will regulate the site fairly and without bias, Swallowtail, and you need to show us that's what you did. I would like the rule you based your decision upon. Please and thank you.

Shuri/Eli

Utada said so herself, she can walk down a street in NYC in a mini skirt, but if she did that in Japan she would be thought as kind of trampy. Same with the bathing suit in Easy Breezy.

Say what?The japanese are very sexual open as far as media and VERY accepting of mini skirts in particular to any possibility of other risque clothing.You can't tell me that a country that allows the print of sex tips in the tabs of Shoujo Manga magazines is gonna say a mini skirt is trampy :/
Posted on: 2009/8/26 0:51
  •  ItsDaveyJ
      ItsDaveyJ
Addicted to Hikki
A/S/L 19/m/ny
LoBFCanti - Sorry my memory messed up. I shouldn't have said that Japanese people would think of her as trampy. But she did say she is more comfortable in NY than in Japan wearing a skirt and heels in this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=18zzEGTwnIM

from 2:30 - 2:50

And this one she talks about her bathing suit in Easy Breezy

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-2fAv16YUuQ&feature=related

ShuriKid -
First off, no I do not support the Middle Eastern mindset of how women should cover themselves. What I am saying is that women shouldn't have to cover themselves in order to be seen in a non-sexual manner. Eastern culture isn't so perfect either, there are many incidents in Japan of girls being touched on public transportation that I hear about. And on a completely different note, I know Japan has a legal age of consent at 13, which to me is just... yeah...

So you are saying that if a person doesn't want to reveal their body they can't become a celebrity? I have stated Utada has never been very sexual in the way she dresses, so I'm not sure she would want to be viewed that way. Yes her lyrics are sexual, but I'm not talking about lyrics, I'm talking about what she wears. Regardless, this is all just tossing up crap into the air because neither of us know Utada and what her reaction to this sort of thing would be. I feel like we should respect the fact that she could be offended, and if not for her, than for the other members of this forum. Regardless of whether or not the actual thread was in good taste, seeing a thread for the official Utada boob fan club might cause a few people to not want to join.

And no I don't believe that it is a case of reverse sexism. Every group has their sensitive spots, and I think people should try to respect them. Realize that some people may find it offensive because their group has had a history in dealing with this sort of thing. And ShuriKid, I'm sure you have been through a lot, everybody has. So you understand where I am coming from, I'm a gay guy who is 1/4 Indian with a very christian family, in highschool I used to have long hair and wore makeup, trying to do that whole anime androgen look Grew outta that <.< So we all have our histories. It isn't a competition. And a woman hitting a man is different, it isn't a fair fight. Regardless of the gender you identify with, a person born a man is going to be stronger then most women. Could a woman do the same amount of damage? Yes, but that is the minority of abuse cases. I agree that women shouldn't be excused for smacking men, but realistically, a woman is less likely to do the damage a man could.
Posted on: 2009/8/26 1:43
  •  Josh_Shing
      Josh_Shing
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L 19/M/Washington
Quote:

yvliew wrote:
we can only realized that SwallowTail is one little obsessed hall monitor boy/girl which nobody really cares.

"This is the biggest Utada fansite with over 7000 members, there are minor but if the public sees this it may look bad on this credibility of this site"

so what? don't u think minor these days get exposed to boobs/sexy outfit/cleavage ?? Which country are you from????? the internet is a dangerous place, minor goes to the internet should be supervised by their parents. It's self responsibilities. Unlock the thread. You have no valid point to lock it up until now.

FAIL!! He's from indonesia! Oh man i'm sorry i just couldn't resist..
Posted on: 2009/8/26 2:01
  •  yvliew
      yvliew
Hikki Fanatic
A/S/L
Quote:

Josh_Shing wrote:
Quote:

yvliew wrote:

FAIL!! He's from indonesia! Oh man i'm sorry i just couldn't resist..

FAIL. You make no sense

Remember what Indonesians did to their own fellow Chinese countrymen and women over 10 years ago? bet you're still sucking ur own thumb
Posted on: 2009/8/26 4:42
 Top   Previous Topic   Next Topic
<1...345678>