Utada Net.com Forum Index
   General Utada Discussion
  Petition for Utada to resume US schedule.

Bottom   Previous Topic   Next Topic
<123>
  •  Topic options
Poster Thread
  •  Unregistered
      Unregistered
Re: Petition for Utada to resume US schedule.
guest_Unregistered
Quote:

airac wrote:

It is only God who can change her heart and lead her towards what God wants her to finish. Continue praying for her to learn what God's will is and everything will just be fine. Maybe it is not yet time for her to be big in the US...God Bless you all!

... sorry. xD
Posted on: 2009/8/30 16:46
  •  aquaticdragons
      aquaticdragons
Hikki Fanatic
A/S/L 20/F/Los Angeles
Thank you KH-UH-fan for starting this thread and letting more fans know about the petition ^_^

Now for those who think it?s stupid, pointless or that we are harming, bugging her or forcing her to do something you ASSUME she doesn?t want to do, I find your comments very insulting for us fans who are just trying to voice our support to her.

jagamijs: I don?t see how starting the petition is a stupid action. If so, why do you say that? Isn?t this a normal action that fans take when they want to support/see an artist?

To assume that she wants to take a break is your assumption (maybe others think like you), I?m not saying she does or doesn?t, I?m saying it is something we don?t know as of right now. The only thing we do know is that she doesn?t know what she wants to do (this information was taken from the Hawaii meet and greet with 102.7 Da Bomb).

You say it is too late to release a new single or doing any promotion for the album is pointless because you think the album is "dead", but that is your opinion, some fans may agree with you and some may not. In my opinion it still has potential to succeed in the U.S. I think the promotion that the album received prior and after its release was a lot better than Exodus but I really think it could have been better.

Yes I think album sales are important because that is the greatest way to support an artist for their work and the enjoyment they give you. Even Utada said it in the meet and greet she had in Hawaii, she said she didn?t mind if people download music but she also thinks it is important to buy the artist album if you have the money so you can show your support for that artist. Whether she cares about her own album sales I don?t know.

The petition isn?t going to force others to buy her album, I just want more people to know and enjoy her music. So if you think that I?m being selfish and greedy then yes I am selfish and greedy but that doesn?t mean the petition is something stupid.

gantzman246: Yes this petition might be pointless but we don?t know if it will be pointless or effective.

~Billy<3?sHikki~: idk when and who agreed that ?everyone? decided that her album was over because as you can see, I as well as others don?t think so.

Taiyou: Since when and how is humbly requesting of someone something, demanding?

ghostdog: Excuse me but can you tell me what is it that I?m doing that I need to leave Utada alone? Sorry I don?t see how this is bugging her, when she most likely doesn?t even know this petition exist. I?m sorry if this unknown petition is making her life a living hell.

Shurikid: We respect your decision about not signing the petition and we are thankful that you are not being pessimistic and respecting what other fans are trying to do.

Now for anyone who thinks that the petition will force her to do something she doesn?t want to, remember that is what some of you are assuming that she doesn?t want to continue but the truth is we don?t know. The only thing we know is that she has stated that right now she doesn?t know what she wants to do. So if she herself doesn?t know what she is going or isn?t going to do in the future how on earth would you know what she doesn?t want? The petition will not force her to do anything that she doesn?t want because the final decision will be up to her despite what IDJ and THE DOOR might say.

In addition for anyone who is saying she wants to stop her U.S activities because the fans at the Sephora events scared her, just stop spreading your assumptions and making others think that it?s true. I don?t see what you accomplish by saying such things.

So to anyone who doesn't like the petition, calls it stupid, pointless or whatever just keep it to yourself please and just don't sign the petition. Respect the decision of those who want to sign it just how we respect your decision of not supporting it. Perhaps you haven't realized but I think your pessimistic attitude is disrespectful to our efforts.
Posted on: 2009/8/30 19:08
  •  LoBFCanti
      LoBFCanti
Insane Hikki Fan
A/S/L 20/M/Brooklyn,NY
I can't see how this petition is going to do anything....It can't force her :/ you're right,so how is the petition suppose to accomplish anything?She may see thousands of signs but in terms of figures...that doesn't translate to much.I don't think she wants to keep struggling with this personally.I don't blame her.This isn't the greatest of her work and until she learns of a way to connect with an American audience without forfeiting too much,let it be.
Posted on: 2009/8/30 21:31
  •  aquaticdragons
      aquaticdragons
Hikki Fanatic
A/S/L 20/F/Los Angeles
LoBFCanti: The only reason we asked of those of you who don?t agree with the petition, for whatever reason, to keep your thoughts to yourself is because it?s disrespectful to our efforts (like I?ve said before). The reason this thread was started was to find fans who are interested in showing their support to Utada by means of a petition. If you find this petition pointless I don?t see why you need to come into this topic thread and put your pessimistic thoughts.

Hypothetically speaking if the petition were to be ?successful? in other words persuade IDJ and THE DOOR to have Utada tour or do some promotional activities and she doesn?t want to do it, it wouldn?t necessarily mean the petition is pointless because there are other forms in which her album can be promoted, example having other songs from her album play on the radio.

If one day the petition makes its way to her and she does see it, how would you know it won?t mean anything? I?m not saying she will have an ?Omg I love it? reaction but I?m not saying that she is going to say ?I totally hate this? either. If she were to see this petition or another one, stop trying to predict her reaction because that is something you don?t know.

What struggles are you talking about? She probably does have her own issues like any other person. But who are you to know what her problems are, both of us are fans not stalkers so how would we know what her problems are. Some of you are acting as if you know what her problems are, or know what she wants or doesn?t want to do but truth is you don?t know anything of her problems not unless she herself reveals it to us fans.

You say she needs to learn how to connect to American fans, so why do you look down upon the effort of fans who are trying to reach out to her? To me this is a form of trying to connect with her. Yes fans would be taking the initiative but there is nothing wrong with that either.

Just an FYI some of you guys are stating that the petition is pointless because YOU THINK you know how she is feeling, what her problems are, what she wants what she doesn?t. Stop saying ?This is pointless; I know Utada doesn?t want to do this!? FACE IT YOU DON?T KNOW! So why do you keep telling fans that what they are doing is pointless? Yes there is a possibility that the petition might be pointless but that is not definite
Posted on: 2009/8/30 23:16
  •  Pips_Paradise
      Pips_Paradise
Insane Hikki Fan
A/S/L 18/F/London
Every member who signed the petition heart is in the right place, and I am sure that members signed the petition for a wealth of different reasons, as a humble request for Hikki to finish off what she clearly set out to do, or just to state that if Hikki was to tour they would purchase a ticket, look at some of the ?views? how in all honesty can Hikki have a problem with that?And aquaticdragons I signed right behind you, and I know that even if we achieved nothing at least we gave it a shot?..
Posted on: 2009/8/31 1:08
  •  jagamijs
      jagamijs
UtadaNet Newbie
A/S/L 16 years old, Male, I'm living in Latvia (It's in Northern Europe), Ventspils (By the sea)
Yes, you may be right about the support, but I don't think this is a good idea, because Hikki may work on her new music already, maybe this would mean that you are interrupting her work and so on...

Well, I think there's around 10% chance the album would hit at least #100 after another wave of promotion, because promotion itself costs a lot of money, and this kind of action would be unprofitable.

I would rather wait for new material...
Posted on: 2009/8/31 2:48
  •  Pips_Paradise
      Pips_Paradise
Insane Hikki Fan
A/S/L 18/F/London
Hi jagamijs there is no denying that the costs of a re-launch would be swinging and prohibitive, it would mean Utada committing above and beyond anything seen before, as LoBFCanti rightfully points out that there are levels of personal commitment that continuing support TITO would demand which conflicts and Hikki clearly indicated in Hawaii would not be contusive to her work/life balance.

I think Utada is in love, the heels, the confidence, the visible joy when any mention of children, a beaming happiness that maybe Hikki has finally reconciled the priorities and personal goals that have eluded Hikki in private life.

Even so Hikki is a seasoned professional musician, and Hikki should acknowledge this by returning to the US and fulfilling a professional commitment to TITO even if U3 has come up with some of the funding?
Posted on: 2009/8/31 4:13
  •  LoBFCanti
      LoBFCanti
Insane Hikki Fan
A/S/L 20/M/Brooklyn,NY
Quote:

aquaticdragons wrote:
LoBFCanti: The only reason we asked of those of you who don?t agree with the petition, for whatever reason, to keep your thoughts to yourself is because it?s disrespectful to our efforts (like I?ve said before). The reason this thread was started was to find fans who are interested in showing their support to Utada by means of a petition. If you find this petition pointless I don?t see why you need to come into this topic thread and put your pessimistic thoughts.

Hypothetically speaking if the petition were to be ?successful? in other words persuade IDJ and THE DOOR to have Utada tour or do some promotional activities and she doesn?t want to do it, it wouldn?t necessarily mean the petition is pointless because there are other forms in which her album can be promoted, example having other songs from her album play on the radio.

If one day the petition makes its way to her and she does see it, how would you know it won?t mean anything? I?m not saying she will have an ?Omg I love it? reaction but I?m not saying that she is going to say ?I totally hate this? either. If she were to see this petition or another one, stop trying to predict her reaction because that is something you don?t know.

What struggles are you talking about? She probably does have her own issues like any other person. But who are you to know what her problems are, both of us are fans not stalkers so how would we know what her problems are. Some of you are acting as if you know what her problems are, or know what she wants or doesn?t want to do but truth is you don?t know anything of her problems not unless she herself reveals it to us fans.

You say she needs to learn how to connect to American fans, so why do you look down upon the effort of fans who are trying to reach out to her? To me this is a form of trying to connect with her. Yes fans would be taking the initiative but there is nothing wrong with that either.

Just an FYI some of you guys are stating that the petition is pointless because YOU THINK you know how she is feeling, what her problems are, what she wants what she doesn?t. Stop saying ?This is pointless; I know Utada doesn?t want to do this!? FACE IT YOU DON?T KNOW! So why do you keep telling fans that what they are doing is pointless? Yes there is a possibility that the petition might be pointless but that is not definitive.

It's quite obviously that it would be a struggle to get this album to climb the charts at this point.She had stated MANY times that she was banking a lot on this album.Whether you want to believe it or not...there is no possible way for you to ignore the fact that she was disappointed :/.This album wasn't fan service,it was a second attempt to make well in the American market.I didn't say American fan,I said audience.The fans alone weren't enough to make this album a success obviously.It can't get much notice otherwise because the album sounds like everything else within the market now.

"Just an FYI some of you guys are stating that the petition is pointless because YOU THINK you know how she is feeling, what her problems are, what she wants what she doesn?t. Stop saying ?This is pointless; I know Utada doesn?t want to do this!? FACE IT YOU DON?T KNOW! So why do you keep telling fans that what they are doing is pointless? "

I not so optimistic that when I hear "If I don't make it with this album,I think this is it." I get the idea that she doesn't mean "I would hurt if this album failed".I don't think anyone is that dense.Playing the songs more on the radio?That may not even change anything.She still needs more promotional than that.Sponsorships run the airwaves,you need sponsorships to get your song played and if you aren't doing to well...How do you expect that to happen?There are some realities to the matter you would need to look into more before deciding for yourself if this thing really isn't just for naught.There's nothing wrong with people putting 2 and 2 together.Common sense does wonders.
Posted on: 2009/8/31 11:48
  •  CherrySoda
      CherrySoda
Addicted to Hikki
A/S/L 22/F/NC
imho, I do not think a petition will do much if anything at all. It's up to the record company and Hikki to decide if they want to keep on with this album. At this rate, I highly doubt anything will happen, but you never know.
I personally would like to move on from TITO. I liked a few of the songs, but it wasn't the Hikki I know and love.
Just look forward to tomorrow and stop bickering over things that don't matter. Sign the petition or not. Not rocket science.
Posted on: 2009/8/31 14:20
  •  aquaticdragons
      aquaticdragons
Hikki Fanatic
A/S/L 20/F/Los Angeles
Jagamijs: At the moment fans don?t know what she is currently doing so why jump to that conclusion so quick? How can this petition be interrupting her new work (Supposing she is currently working on one, just like you are assuming)?

If she was currently working on something new, like you are assuming, this wouldn?t in any way interrupt her work because she wouldn?t know about it until it reaches the hands of her management and if they show it to her. But as you can see the petition will need time (which will definitely take several months!) to collect an adequate number of signatures. Even when it has collected a sufficient number of signatures, it wouldn?t be sent off right away either, first we would have to look at all the current things, if she is working on something new, promoting a new work, is sick, on break etc. We would want to send the petition at a time where we would feel it would be best, not interrupting her work, and when the petition has a higher chance of being looked at by her management and if possible her.

Yes promotion would be expensive, but if the results outweigh these costs then it would be worth it. Like the saying goes ?there is no such thing as a free meal,? so don?t be expecting her to become famous without the effort or having to spend money to have better promotion. If Utada made it to #69 on the Billboard top 200 albums with ?This is the One? I believe she has more than a 10% chance of placing within #100 spots.

You know I would definitely love to hear new work from Utada as well.

But as Pips_Paradise says I would definitely love to see her finish what she has started here in the U.S. I strongly believe she has that ?it? that can break into the mainstream market. I think her aim from the start was the wider audience in the U.S that listens to mainstream music. If she didn?t have that as her goal she could have just made her album with a different genre of music or experimental like exodus or even much less hire a company that would help in her promotional activities. I honestly think that those of you who don?t agree with the petition is because you don?t see these efforts that she is trying to make to reach that audience, and therefore start thinking that she has given up and doesn?t want to continue with anything related to this album.

LoBFCanti: Don?t you think it?s a struggle for every artist who releases an album especially for those who just debut (although this is her second attempt) to have the album reach the charts? She hired THE DOOR for her promotional activities because that is what she wanted, some promotion for her album otherwise why would she and her management themselves hire THE DOOR instead of IDJ? If she hired it?s obvious she had to pay, but seriously like I said before ?there is no such thing as a free meal? so don?t expect her to not struggle or not have to spend money if she wants to see results. The least we can do is try to reach back to her and tell her in whatever form that we support her and her struggle isn?t in vain. Aside from buying the album some of us think the petition is a good way to express that.

You know when we saw her at the Sephora event in Los Angeles she certainly didn?t look disappointed when she was told that her album was already at number 4 on Itunes, she seemed very happy, look at the youtube videos. For the events she had prior the physical release she looked happy, perhaps a bit tired from traveling but not disappointed. Traveling for consecutive days can be very exhausting, and I say that from experience.

"If I don't make it with this album,I think this is it." In what interview did she say this?

Of course sponsors are important, but you know there are several ways to get sponsors, her personal management can try getting them themselves, IDJ can get her sponsors or even her promotional company can get her sponsors, of course it will be hard to get sponsors but not impossible. If the petition reaches a good number of signatures it may catch the interest of possible sponsors seeing how she already has a fanbase and has potential to make it grow.

Yes I seriously think playing more of her work on the radio can make a difference. I mean how many ppl will buy an album just from hearing one song? I know I don?t, so I?m sure others don?t either. Of course there should be more promotion but what good is it if ppl don?t hear her music or even much less know about her?

The only thing that I have decided is to start this petition. I do recognize that there a lot of possible outcomes but I have not once said or decided that any outcome whether good or bad is definite. I and some other fans actually want to try and see what outcome will come of this attempt rather than concluding that it?s pointless based on their own assumptions without even attempting. There?s nothing wrong with people putting 2 and 2 together. Common sense does wonders. Yes you?re right it does wonders.

CherrySoda: We?re just asking ppl that are interested to sign it and if interested come into this thread and talk about it, giving some ideas on how to promote it, or things that should be edited in the petition. So I don?t see why ppl who think it?s pointless have to come in here and say it and discourage other fans? All we ask of ppl like you is to not come in here bash on what we are doing by saying it?s pointless. I?m not saying you have to stop thinking it, but do you seriously need to come in here and say it? If you think its pointless don?t sign it and don?t talk about it if it?s so pointless cuz it would only be a waste of your time. Stop your bickering. It?s not rocket science.

Like I said b4 some of you think that it?s over for "This is the One" and/or her U.S career but some of us disagree, but you don?t see us telling you ?you?re wrong! The petition is the right thing to do? unlike you who are telling us ?This petition is pointless, stupid, blah blah blah? We?re not asking you to join us, all we?re saying is, just respect our decision and stop insulting the efforts we?re making. Stop coming into this thread if you don?t like the petition or think the album is a ?FLOP? go make another thread of how the ?petition is a pointless? or how ?This is the One failed.? This way you won?t bother us fans who think otherwise.
Posted on: 2009/8/31 15:59
 Top   Previous Topic   Next Topic
<123>