123>
  •  Topic options
Poster Thread
  •  Hikki4life4ever
      Hikki4life4ever
What do you think of TITO?
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L _/Female/Pye Green,UK
Anyways, what do you think of TITO? I think TITO doesn't sound like Hikki, There is just no meaning. And. . .I just slightly dislike it. I like 4 songs but that's it. So...............Your Thoughts?
Posted on: 2009/9/11 10:17
Re: What do you think of TITO?
Hikki Fanatic
A/S/L 16 / M / Palembang
TITO is like a time machine, we go back to First Love era with a more mature taste in it
Posted on: 2009/9/11 10:23
  •  Unregistered
      Unregistered
guest_Unregistered
Hikki tried to make the album more mainstream for the American market so that explains for the lack of meaning. The choice of words she chose were so funny: blackberry, nyc nyc, tokyo tokyo...

But I really liked the beat and the melodies of the song. I was playing the CD in my car and my friend thought it was a black girl singing (not trying to offend anyone here)
If it weren't for TITO, I don't think I would have discovered her..
Posted on: 2009/9/11 10:27
Hikki Fanatic
A/S/L 20 Male
TITO has meaning.. The album has a lot of brake up songs, and sexual songs. It has meaning. Not like her past work yes, but it does.

As my my thoughts on it. It's a fun album it's not horrible lol. But I like it and i listen to it.
Posted on: 2009/9/11 13:56
  •  gantzman246
      gantzman246
Hikki Fanatic
A/S/L
I so agree Boku I guess some people who don't find that TITO doesen't have any meaning haven't been in relationships where you either have been dumped or had to dump someone or if you've been hurt by someone you've truly cared about. I can certainly see meaning in TITO. I actually can relate to TITO than any of her previous albums.
I think TITO is one of her best albums to date.
Posted on: 2009/9/11 15:51
Addicted to Hikki
A/S/L 19 / Male/ Spain
I feel some emotions in some songs in TITO, like This One when she says "Im living on my own like Freddy" or "How could I ever love another? How could u say u dont remember?"

On and on is like when I get drunk and start to feel the night must go on and on and on forever haha :D

Dirty Desire like when u find someone that u need, a passion, something physical and erotic... u know, someone u cant forget.

Poppin' ---> The moment u know is yours! Your night is on and noone can stop u!! :D

Merry Christmas... a trully confesion of love and charisma! "We are shipping Chardon? at 2.p.m. on a working day" (L) I love it! Life is ours today! (L)

Apple and Cinnamon, Reminds me of a story I had... something that started so simple and innocent and finished such horrible and unpredictable!

Me muero! ... The feelings inside a depression, when u need to be alone on ur own and not think... just... Morirse :D

And u know the rest ^^ LOVEEEELY ALBUM
Posted on: 2009/9/11 17:00
  •  a_kikoo
      a_kikoo
UN Reporter
A/S/L 26/F
It's new and I'm always open to new stuff. I agree it's not her style but it's fun to listen to, meaning it has good dance beats. People may not think there isn't meaning to her lyrics. But these are things she has experienced. Not only that but things she thinks, feel, and see around her. It does consist of a lot of sexual things and alcohol, but that's all a part of the world today. I like listening to it, especially when I feel like dancing haha.
Posted on: 2009/9/11 23:21
  •  JimJam
      JimJam
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L 25 / M / UK
I always thought something was "missing" from TITO and I found it out the other week - Utada's lack of dedication to actually make it big in the West (not that I'm blaming her or trying to offend her here).
But yes, TITO is a decent album, it's not my favourite, and I don't think it's her best work (or her worst), I just feel that TITO is kinda in the middle here, some songs I like, and the others not so much.

The likes of "This One (Crying Like A Child)", "Come Back To Me", "Apple And Cinnamon" and "Poppin'" make the album her own. Yes, I said Poppin', because it's not a song you see on many albums. I mean, c'mon, how many songs in the world had a concept name of "The Austin Track", lol?
Posted on: 2009/9/12 7:10
  •  zvx1232003
      zvx1232003
UtadaNet Newbie
A/S/L
Same here.I like the music, but not the lyrics.
It's ALL about love......not her style.
Maybe the US market targeting can expain it though.
Posted on: 2009/9/12 16:35
  •  marcocsb
      marcocsb
UtadaNet Regular
A/S/L
It's hard for foreign artists to have success on the States, and sometimes even American artist have problems with their albums' sales on the US. Recently with all the MJ stuff i saw an interview on TV where MJ was being asked about one album that sold millions around the world but didn't sell good in the US.

I can't remember which MJ's album.
Also ABBA is famous around the world but not so much in the States.

It's a weird phenomena.

Edit:

By the way i also don't like so much TITO but i looooooove Hikki's Japanese albums.
Posted on: 2009/9/12 19:34
 Top   Previous Topic   Next Topic
123>