Utada Net.com Forum Index
   General Utada Discussion
  What the secret behind "First Love Album " success ?

Bottom   Previous Topic   Next Topic
<12
  •  Topic options
Poster Thread
  •  SwallowTail
      SwallowTail
Re: What the secret behind "First Love Album " success ?
A/S/L ∞ / M / Indonesia
Something missing how they promote this new young singer to audience, of course like my teacher said even a bad song need to a promotion. You cant just go to Radio Station "here i give this new song play it okay". How they manage to promote such a new young singer.

EMI's like playing a Russian roulette will this new stuff big or fail in Japan , and this time yes indeed Hikki were their national treasure. There is some luck i think in this case.

And about she was 16, well all i know many singer start in young age, correct me if I'm wrong.

Quote:

It was also BEFORE MP3s. so people actually buy CDs. *glare @ u

She was one of the first to really mix English and Japanese together so well in lyrics.

It is interesting so she was kind pioneer in the music interesting , thanks to mention it can find any article regarding about that stuff.
Posted on: 2009/10/3 6:18
  •  LoBFCanti
      LoBFCanti
Re: What the secret behind "First Love Album " success ?
Insane Hikki Fan
A/S/L 20/M/Brooklyn,NY
Quote:

Q wrote:
First Love very fit well with the music trends at the time (10yrs ago).

First Love single was very good love song that struck an emotional chord with many.

It was also BEFORE MP3s. so people actually buy CDs. *glare @ u

She was one of the first to really mix English and Japanese together so well in lyrics.

I think Q got it right.I actually think that was a great time in J-pop and indie Rock.Number Girl was wrecking the scene,Luminous just broke out,Shiina first single dropped,Namie was spitting awesome left and right.Goddamn I wish I could have been 17 and Japanese during 1999 >:O.
Posted on: 2009/10/11 21:16
 Top   Previous Topic   Next Topic
<12