12>
  •  Topic options
Poster Thread
  •  ayehunny
      ayehunny
Delete inactive members?
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L 20 / Female / Sweden
At the moment there are thousands of members on this site that has never written anything to contribute to this site. Also: There are houndreds of members that hasn't logged in in years.

I think that for this forum to be seen as a good and active one used for Utada's fans we should get the percentage of active members up. You can do this by deleting accounts of members that have never written anything or not logged in for an certain amount of time (/discuss amount of time).

I can imagine we got a lot more members here since the promotion of This Is The One, and these we should keep, but people who lost interest before that I feel we can manage without.

My suggestion:
- Delete accounts that hasn't been active in 4 months. (as mentioned above, please discuss amount of time, but 4 monhts is what I think is fair.)

If you are a fan of Utada and hasn't been active in 4 months on (one of?) the biggest forum(s) made only for those who support her... Then I do not see why this person should have an account.

It looks better for Utada's sake if she had an active fan made forum.

What do you think?
Posted on: 2009/9/17 14:06
  •  CherrySoda
      CherrySoda
Re: Delete inactive members?
Addicted to Hikki
A/S/L 22/F/NC
I really don't think it matters. *shrug* This forum is not officially connected with Hikki, so I really don't think it matters. I think when the mods see fit to start deleting old accounts, to leave it up to them. I really doubt Hikki goes around looking for websites and forums about herself. She's not that kinda gal.
Posted on: 2009/9/17 20:56
  •  Suroki
      Suroki
Hikki Fanatic
A/S/L 30/F
This sounds like it could be a good idea. I'm kind of OCD about things like that; it annoys me if I'm searching for a member or something and can't find them because there are so many super-old names just taking up space in the server.

A few years ago I actually had this huuuuge McFly kick (a British band) and thought I was going to be a fan forever and joined their most popular forum. Like Dougiefied dot net or something, named after their frontman. I posted like once and never came back; turns out I only liked two of their songs, lol. So I pretty much forgot about the forum, but about a year after I joined it I got an email from the admin that had this gist: If you're receiving this message, it is because you haven't logged in to Dougified for an extended period of time. If you would like to preserve your account, please log in and start posting on the forums! We'd like to get to know you. :)

And that was it! I thought that was a fabulous way to go about it- just send a mass email out to inactive members, and then it's not a surprise if they try to log in one day 10 years from now and can't. Avoids conflict, and it's elegant.

I let them delete my account, btw. Lolz. My love for Utada has stood the test of time, of course. :)

So that's an idea! I second the motion! XD
Posted on: 2009/9/17 21:12
  •  ramenbox
      ramenbox
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L 19/F/Malaysia
Suroki's idea sounds good. Sometimes people aren't active because of certain reasons, might be reasons that are acceptable (though most of the time not, lol).

I've just joined the forum a few days ago and I noticed the forum is kinda inactive. If deleting old members (or giving them a warning) can help to bring up the percentage of active members, this might actually be a step ought to be taken.

And I think we should start promoting the forum a bit more. There are many UH fans out there and I don't think they know about the forum.
Posted on: 2009/9/18 3:35
  •  loli-drop
      loli-drop
Addicted to Hikki
A/S/L 20/F/London
i agree, plenty of people dont log in for long periods of time (my self included) when either there isnt alot of news or they have nothing to add to topics. people use the sites for different reasons and surely putting a time limit on posts will push people to use other sites like ublog instead?
Posted on: 2009/9/18 7:16
  •  quincye93
      quincye93
Hikki Fanatic
A/S/L 23/M/USA
I agree with the people before me. I haven't gone on certain sites in months and then returned when some news came up. I don't really see how deleting inactive users would benefit anyone.
Posted on: 2009/9/19 9:05
  •  Hikki4life4ever
      Hikki4life4ever
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L _/Female/Pye Green,UK
I have to agree. If they haven't been on for years just delete them.

Love is like a mix of extremes: anxiety and peace - 宇多田 ヒカル / Utada Hikaru
Posted on: 2009/9/19 9:12
  •  ItsDaveyJ
      ItsDaveyJ
Addicted to Hikki
A/S/L 19/m/ny
I think before we start deleting inactive users, the website needs to create a "Automatically Log In" thing. I check this website a lot but I hardly ever log into my account. If we could just enter our passwords once and then be automatically logged in for a decent amount of time then I think deleting inactive users is fine.
Posted on: 2009/9/19 13:55
  •  dorkie_bunny
      dorkie_bunny
UtadaNet Newbie
A/S/L 16/female/?
I'm sorry but I don't think this is necessarily a good idea, because not everyone has the free time to log on every single day to talk about Utada. I (censored)ing love Utada as much as the next person, but I don't log on everyday. I mean whatever, I don't think my opinion really matters but... inactive members may become active again, I don't think it really makes a difference either way. oh well. Not to be rude or anything!!! :) Just stating my opinion like everyone else does la la la laaa!!!!
Posted on: 2009/9/19 21:25
  •  dorkie_bunny
      dorkie_bunny
UtadaNet Newbie
A/S/L 16/female/?
Oh yeah same here! I barely log in because all the information is there either way!
Posted on: 2009/9/19 21:27
 Top   Previous Topic   Next Topic
12>