Poster Thread
  •  Marce
      Marce
Re: Popularity of Utada in Your Country
UtadaNet Newbie
A/S/L
Quote:

bbd198 wrote:
well, I'm from the US, North Carolina (east coast) to be exact and (from what i've experienced) hardly ANY one listens to her. Very little ppl know of her, but none of them listens to her like a fan. I have only met one person that is a fan of her, i think its so cool that hes a guy too, a straight guy! lol. anyways, J-pop or K-pop (especially K-pop!) isnt all that common here. Its weird to ppl, truthfully any type of music that isn't "mainstream", heard on the radio, or is by some very famous person is weird to ppl. Its really hard to find someone who listens to foreign music but if or when i do find someone, I'll ask if they like Utada Hikaru, they say "who's that?" I'll say "The amazingly awesome lady that made the theme songs to KH1 & 2" they say "oooh, i like those songs but i dont listen to her other than that."
Its so sad T-T I wish more ppl knew how amazing she is. I've tried to spread her to my friends but they only seem to like songs from anime and stuff! Other than that they listen to American songs... only me and one other of my friends listen to nothing but foreign music.

Lol I am a straight guy who listens to her music. She has an emotional tone in her music which is pretty cool. Add to that her smokin hotness and you have got a good mix.
Posted on: 2009/12/16 9:15
UtadaNet Regular
A/S/L
I couldn't find a suitable topic for this, but..

lol. today was a day full of surprises. I went to a local CD store and look what I came across: http://ff.bonusweb.cz/utada/8.jpg . R u asking wth? look at this if u r: http://ff.bonusweb.cz/utada/7.jpg

I'm so happy!! :))
Posted on: 2009/12/17 8:52
  •  NickyNacker
      NickyNacker
UtadaNet Newbie
A/S/L 18/M/US
I live in America, and I don't know anyone that knows of her :( I was really hoping that TITO would be successful
Posted on: 2009/12/17 17:34
  •  ramenbox
      ramenbox
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L 19/F/Malaysia
Excuse my dumbness but is that an album with cover songs? So she covered By Your Side? I'm a bit confused.
Posted on: 2009/12/18 5:06
UtadaNet Regular
A/S/L
Quote:

ramenbox wrote:
Excuse my dumbness but is that an album with cover songs? So she covered By Your Side? I'm a bit confused.

it's the official album of Olympic Games Athens 2004. it'st not a cover song that Utada sings in. it's an original track produced by Timbaland :) you can find it on youtube if you don't know it :)
Posted on: 2009/12/18 11:45
  •  Unregistered
      Unregistered
guest_Unregistered
By Your Side can be downloaded here:

http://search.4shared.com/network/search.jsp?searchmode=2&searchName=timbaland+by+your+side

I've noticed she has alot of collaborations with American artists. My favorite is still "Do You" with Ne-yo and her. =)
Posted on: 2009/12/18 13:06
  •  Avenger_Seraphim
      Avenger_Seraphim
UtadaNet Regular
A/S/L 21/Male/Greece
Whoa! I live in Athens and i didn't realize that they use utada in the song tracks!!! Shame on me xD

On topic, here in Greece the only people that they know her are either Anime fans or Kingdom Hearts fans :p I just hoped with TITO to make a huge "bang" and become well known :)

I can feel you breathe...
Posted on: 2009/12/18 18:48
  •  ramenbox
      ramenbox
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L 19/F/Malaysia
I see. That makes another new discovery for me today. Haha! Just listened to it. Seems like there are a lot of things going on at the same time. Personally I prefer Blow My Whistle. Quite a sexy song.
Posted on: 2009/12/20 4:21
  •  azhar0153
      azhar0153
UtadaNet Regular
A/S/L 17/ M/ INA
even in Indonesia exist many Japan Freak , I think Hikki popularity is fair enough .

any Indonesian here?
Posted on: 2009/12/20 22:43
 Top   Previous Topic   Next Topic
<1...5678