<12345678>
  •  Topic options
Poster Thread
  •  jiaweitheone
      jiaweitheone
Re: Popularity of Utada in Your Country
Addicted to Hikki
A/S/L 16/M/Singapore
I agree with that. I do not understand Japanese too. However, I loved her music a lot! Maybe it's due to her music, and the way she sings is very attractive. I am actually influenced by her to take up Jap.
Posted on: 2009/11/17 7:43
  •  we1n88
      we1n88
UtadaNet Regular
A/S/L 22/ Male/ Kota Kinabalu, Malaysia.
Quote:

jiaweitheone wrote:
I agree with that. I do not understand Japanese too. However, I loved her music a lot! Maybe it's due to her music, and the way she sings is very attractive. I am actually influenced by her to take up Jap.

I agree, its d way she express herself musically, lyrically and through her soulful vocal expressions~ imagine endulging solely on her music for the whole 2 years..she is something special. she is also part of the influences in making me learn more japanese too :P
well..my point is..u dn hav to understand japanese to like her music. her music will get to u.
Posted on: 2009/11/17 10:15
  •  we1n88
      we1n88
UtadaNet Regular
A/S/L 22/ Male/ Kota Kinabalu, Malaysia.
Quote:

jiaweitheone wrote:

I agree, its d way she express herself musically, lyrically and through her soulful vocal expressions~ imagine endulging solely on her music for the whole 2 years..she is something special. she is also part of the influences in making me learn more japanese too :P
well..my point is..u dn hav to understand japanese to like her music. her music will get to u.
Posted on: 2009/11/17 10:15
  •  jiaweitheone
      jiaweitheone
Addicted to Hikki
A/S/L 16/M/Singapore
Yeah!!! I agree with that totally
Posted on: 2009/11/17 15:04
  •  kayoko
      kayoko
Insane Hikki Fan
A/S/L 30/M/KOR
being in america, i assumed her popularity was little, but how ive seen tickets being sold for her tour...im happy to see that it seemed to have grown over the past few months..where i live however, she just seems to be popular amongst the asian population..her songs seldom come on the radio..actually ive never heard any of her songs on the radio...my american friends, who're big japan fanatics know her..only because the 'rivalry' with ayu...and all the ____-con goers are big on hikki music, but im not big on cosplayers unfortunately
Posted on: 2009/11/17 18:17
  •  ramenbox
      ramenbox
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L 19/F/Malaysia
It's not so bad after TiTo got released. At least MixFm plays her music from time to time. In fact, the track, FYI is featured on their current MixPod. I might be wrong since I don't listen to the radio unless I'm in the car but it seems that MixFm is the only radio station playing songs from TiTo. So far CBTM and FYI have been played. Cz96 also told me that one of the chinese radio stations play her songs. I'm glad that she's getting more coverage.

And I concur that it's hard to spread the fandom. Most people here only listen to the songs that are often played on the radio. Good examples are Akon, Rihanna, AAR, BLG, etc, you get the idea. If they don't listen to those, they usually listen to chinese or korean music. Kpop in fact is getting more popular these days.
Posted on: 2009/11/17 18:56
  •  Cz96
      Cz96
Hikki Fanatic
A/S/L 13/F/Malaysia
Agree with ramenbox :P
Posted on: 2009/11/18 5:10
  •  jiaweitheone
      jiaweitheone
Addicted to Hikki
A/S/L 16/M/Singapore
Yea....I agree that it's really difficult to spread it here. Even they do listen to Jpop, most of them only listen to anime songs.
Posted on: 2009/11/18 5:30
  •  Cz96
      Cz96
Hikki Fanatic
A/S/L 13/F/Malaysia
Btw,yesterday I heard utada come back to me seamus haji & paul emanuel radio edit on mix.fm.The song is super nice :D
Posted on: 2009/11/22 1:13
  •  jiaweitheone
      jiaweitheone
Addicted to Hikki
A/S/L 16/M/Singapore
Wow!!! Quite rare to have it played here I am also waiting for something like this too
Posted on: 2009/11/22 4:56
 Top   Previous Topic   Next Topic
<12345678>