<1...45678>
  •  Topic options
Poster Thread
  •  yunn
      yunn
Re: Popularity of Utada in Your Country
UtadaNet Newbie
A/S/L 18 / F / Singapore
yea i really hope that there will be an Asia tour !
sadly how we only have Ayumi's tv advertisements and not Utada's.
Despite that, we do have many ppl who listen to her songs, just not that many 'fans'.
Posted on: 2009/11/24 6:34
  •  jiaweitheone
      jiaweitheone
Addicted to Hikki
A/S/L 16/M/Singapore
I hope so too:)
I also agree that Ayumi's more well known than Utada here.
Regarding people listening to Hikki's songs here, is it true? Cuz most of my friends do not even know who's Utada. Well, her 'first love' is quite well known and listened by most people. Besides that, they did not listen to any of her other songs. Yet, when I introduced a few songs to them, they would say it's nice
I guess they have not discovered the existence of such a brilliant aritst yet.
Posted on: 2009/11/24 7:05
  •  ramenbox
      ramenbox
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L 19/F/Malaysia
Glad to know there are more Singaporeans here nowadays. Not that I'm from Singapore but Malaysia and Singapore are like so close to each other.. uhh, so yeah. It's exciting for me to find more fans who are from "neighbor countries".

I believe that there are more of her goods sold in Singapore as compared to Malaysia. I can't find Ultra Blue and her live DVDs here. I SO wanna buy Hikaru No.5 and Utada United 2006 but every damn record store doesn't have it; thus, I've decided to visit Singapore in the future for a short holiday and also of course to take the opportunity to buy Utada related CDs and DVDs.

It'll be great if Utada gets more famous over "this side of the world". Then who knows, maybe she'll have a tour here as well? (wishful thinking, lol)
Posted on: 2009/11/26 8:03
  •  jiaweitheone
      jiaweitheone
Addicted to Hikki
A/S/L 16/M/Singapore
I am hoping for an Asian tour too!!! Yeah it's great to see that fans in our region are gradually increasing
Posted on: 2009/11/26 8:19
  •  percypenn
      percypenn
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L tmp
i understand that part where music is the universal language and stuff like that. what i meant was most people wont give a second listen to songs they cant understand. they just dismiss it right away if they cant understand any of the lyrics.

i myself am a filipino and can hardly understand any of hikaru's lyrics(simple words i understand like sayonara, asuparuto, etc.).

is there a hikaru fan club in the Philippines? maybe its time to organize one? what do you think?
Posted on: 2009/11/26 10:31
  •  jiaweitheone
      jiaweitheone
Addicted to Hikki
A/S/L 16/M/Singapore
Starting a fan club is a good idea. But first you need to have at least a minimum number of fans, let 's say 30. It's very difficult for us to find fans of Hikki in this region too.

A regional fan club would be more visible in Southeast Asia
Posted on: 2009/11/26 20:52
  •  ramenbox
      ramenbox
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L 19/F/Malaysia
I don't really think it's a matter of language because there's just too much focus on korean music. Strange enough, I prefer to listen to music which isn't in my language. I myself do not know the reason why.
Posted on: 2009/11/27 6:47
  •  LoBFCanti
      LoBFCanti
Insane Hikki Fan
A/S/L 20/M/Brooklyn,NY
Quote:

ramenbox wrote:
I don't really think it's a matter of language because there's just too much focus on korean music. Strange enough, I prefer to listen to music which isn't in my language. I myself do not know the reason why.

I think you might be my soul mate :/ I however know the reason why I've leaned towards Japanese.I've come to realize they have so many words to express so many different things.You know that sound that you hear when to naked people embrace each other?I haven't found it yet but I know the japanese have a word for it.Here in the use we have over 10 million words but a lot just mean the same thing.It's just a field of external intelligence.Why would I want to talk circles around you when in truth I'm trying to say I agree with you?I just want to do in a fashion that depicts exact how I do.It's strange that in the US we are very emotional outspoken as to our tone is what delivers the feeling/meaning of our words; and then in Japan they have some many words to convey such feeling but are so emotional repressed.

And I think I just ranted...
Posted on: 2009/11/30 11:18
  •  ramenbox
      ramenbox
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L 19/F/Malaysia
You are damn right, well said. That is exactly what I feel about Japanese music. I am able to connect to them so easily. When I tell people stuff like that, they'll look at me with some kinda face as if I'm a weirdo. LOL.

And I think we're getting off topic. Better stay on.
Posted on: 2009/12/1 8:59
  •  percypenn
      percypenn
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L tmp
yeah lets stay on topic.

this is what i know, hikaru will always be popular with me!
Posted on: 2009/12/1 10:13
 Top   Previous Topic   Next Topic
<1...45678>