Utada Net.com Forum Index
   General Discussion
  I'm not looking to start a religious debate but....

Bottom   Previous Topic   Next Topic
<12345>
  •  Topic options
Poster Thread
  •  LoBFCanti
      LoBFCanti
Re: Im not looking to start a religious debate but....
Insane Hikki Fan
A/S/L 20/M/Brooklyn,NY
Quote:

Taiyou wrote:
I'm rather surprised that the topic concerning Hikki's breasts had caused much more uproar than this topic.

As for myself, i'm an atheist from a Catholic family. I even attended Catholic school as a child. But after enduring that whole experience and coming to the "age of reasoning", I decided to let go of Jesus.

Catholics are the quickest to wake up,I damn sure will give them that.They know how to drive away a crowd XD.
Posted on: 2009/10/4 13:55
  •  Unregistered
      Unregistered
guest_Unregistered
Quote:

LoBFCanti wrote:
Quote:

Taiyou wrote:
I'm rather surprised that the topic concerning Hikki's breasts had caused much more uproar than this topic.

As for myself, i'm an atheist from a Catholic family. I even attended Catholic school as a child. But after enduring that whole experience and coming to the "age of reasoning", I decided to let go of Jesus.

Catholics are the quickest to wake up,I damn sure will give them that.They know how to drive away a crowd XD.

You're right about that, look at the history of Catholicism. XD Also lectures from Catholic priests are very painful to sit through.

My Sunday School teacher was the worse. She'll publicly ridicule me and even accused me of being a druggy one morning. Then I went home and told my mother that she was the equivalent of Lucifer or Azazel.

I'm glad it's over. It's all over...it's all over...-curls into fetal position-
Posted on: 2009/10/4 14:17
  •  Unregistered
      Unregistered
guest_Unregistered
Quote:

Taiyou wrote:

My Sunday School teacher was the worse. She'll publicly ridicule me and even accused me of being a druggy one morning. Then I went home and told my mother that she was the equivalent of Lucifer or Azazel.

Gee, you didn't do something silly like ask a question, did you? Sometimes certain religions take offense to asking questions about religious dogma.
Posted on: 2009/10/4 19:08
  •  marcocsb
      marcocsb
Re: I'm not looking to start a religious debate but....
UtadaNet Regular
A/S/L
This is only your opinion, i can see that you are just another brainwashed by Zeitgeist the movie because you say "Jesus Christ Myth". Zeitgeist and the whole Jesus Christ Myth have been debunked by many historians with PhD.
Acharya S. the main source for Zeitgeist the movie is not taken seriously by any Egyptian Mythology expert nor by any PhD Historian.

You should do more research and you should read more about the scientific community that puts the Bible under the eye of science, they have found pretty interesting stuff.

I didn't believe in God, cause i thought that the Bible was only a fairy tale, but when i started my research about scientific proof of the Bible and the scientific view of Creationism i found that the things said in the Bible are more credible than other theories. And now i believe in God and the Bible.

I agree that religion is bad, i don't belong to any religion cause every religion is the same, they want money and they brainwash their members and their teachings go against the Bible.

God gave us freewill so we can use it to question and to find answers to those questions about anything including the Bible.

Quote:

LoBFCanti wrote:
Christianity is by far the most selfish belief system ever.If you believe that God created the earth for you and you in his own image(meaning a being of logic) then fine.But you should realize that the world has it's workings where we NEVER WOULD NEED TO ASK FOR ANYTHING MORE!Even more so,"God works in mysterious ways" just means he is never gonna reach his hand down and give you want you want because WE HAVE THE POTENTIAL TO CLARIFY EVERYTHING OURSELVES.I can pray to god,or a pray to grasp the will to accomplish what I want.Working towards progress is something ever present throughout the best selling novel of all time with the biggest "cult" following to go with it."God helps those who helps themselves" people.It's true because god's part is that he designed us to in fact help each other.Church doesn't have the intent of hurt anyone but it does.It make people dependent and blind to reality.Telling others that are doomed if they don't put aside their curiosity for how thing actually work is not helping.Deference from enlightenment of the world around you TODAY is creating a delusion for you to control a mass.

I'm gonna step down from my soapbox now because I would just start ranting soon enough.But to be frank,as a christian...I think it's stupid that people can't see that this is someone's morals being pushed upon them through a book that has no traceable evidence of the single composer.I believe there is a god,but he certainly wouldn't damn you for masturbating in your bath or for even killing another person.I believe there was a prophet named Jesus...that was simply spreading Buddhism :/(do your research,you'll be shocked as to how they formed the Jesus Christ myth).

Edit:I'm very open to the idea that I could be wrong about this by the way.There is a way to challenge everything.Nothing is absolute across any spectrum unless it simply doesn't exist.I'm very open to any convincing argument you may have.
Posted on: 2009/10/5 8:18
  •  dral
      dral
Hikki Fanatic
A/S/L 23/M
Woah! It will take lots of courage to start a thread like that but why not. It's good to discuss issues like that. I rather this than bombs and warheads. If only those terrorists knows how to use forums...

yay! 90 posts!

Posted on: 2009/10/5 9:06
  •  Unregistered
      Unregistered
guest_Unregistered
Quote:

Hazumuchan wrote:

Gee, you didn't do something silly like ask a question, did you? Sometimes certain religions take offense to asking questions about religious dogma.

How is questioning silly?

Honestly, I didn't do anything. I was only a child back then, timid and polite girl who was starting to blossom into her teens...

Probably she caught me fooling around during those awfully painful, hour-long masses. But what else could I do to keep myself from going insane?

Thank God for atheism.
Posted on: 2009/10/5 14:08
  •  kayoko
      kayoko
Insane Hikki Fan
A/S/L 30/M/KOR
lol...thanking God for atheism is utterly impossible..silly you

and its true, being good and sitting still though hour long sermons/masses is difficult...when i used to go to church when i was young i was constantly being moved around so i could sit still, but i always learned to find trouble by myself...the adults said i was nice and adorable, but i knew they didnt mean it at all
Posted on: 2009/10/5 17:10
  •  LoBFCanti
      LoBFCanti
Insane Hikki Fan
A/S/L 20/M/Brooklyn,NY
Quote:

marcocsb wrote:
This is only your opinion, i can see that you are just another brainwashed by Zeitgeist the movie because you say "Jesus Christ Myth". Zeitgeist and the whole Jesus Christ Myth have been debunked by many historians with PhD.
Acharya S. the main source for Zeitgeist the movie is not taken seriously by any Egyptian Mythology expert nor by any PhD Historian.

You should do more research and you should read more about the scientific community that puts the Bible under the eye of science, they have found pretty interesting stuff.

I didn't believe in God, cause i thought that the Bible was only a fairy tale, but when i started my research about scientific proof of the Bible and the scientific view of Creationism i found that the things said in the Bible are more credible than other theories. And now i believe in God and the Bible.

I agree that religion is bad, i don't belong to any religion cause every religion is the same, they want money and they brainwash their members and their teachings go against the Bible.

God gave us freewill so we can use it to question and to find answers to those questions about anything including the Bible.

Quote:

LoBFCanti wrote:
Christianity is by far the most selfish belief system ever.If you believe that God created the earth for you and you in his own image(meaning a being of logic) then fine.But you should realize that the world has it's workings where we NEVER WOULD NEED TO ASK FOR ANYTHING MORE!Even more so,"God works in mysterious ways" just means he is never gonna reach his hand down and give you want you want because WE HAVE THE POTENTIAL TO CLARIFY EVERYTHING OURSELVES.I can pray to god,or a pray to grasp the will to accomplish what I want.Working towards progress is something ever present throughout the best selling novel of all time with the biggest "cult" following to go with it."God helps those who helps themselves" people.It's true because god's part is that he designed us to in fact help each other.Church doesn't have the intent of hurt anyone but it does.It make people dependent and blind to reality.Telling others that are doomed if they don't put aside their curiosity for how thing actually work is not helping.Deference from enlightenment of the world around you TODAY is creating a delusion for you to control a mass.

I'm gonna step down from my soapbox now because I would just start ranting soon enough.But to be frank,as a christian...I think it's stupid that people can't see that this is someone's morals being pushed upon them through a book that has no traceable evidence of the single composer.I believe there is a god,but he certainly wouldn't damn you for masturbating in your bath or for even killing another person.I believe there was a prophet named Jesus...that was simply spreading Buddhism :/(do your research,you'll be shocked as to how they formed the Jesus Christ myth).

Edit:I'm very open to the idea that I could be wrong about this by the way.There is a way to challenge everything.Nothing is absolute across any spectrum unless it simply doesn't exist.I'm very open to any convincing argument you may have.

This is not something that I simply pulled from what was spoken of in this movie.Funny that you even mentioned it though.In fact I just happen get my hands on that very film 2 weeks or so ago.I actually skipped through the first 45 mins or so because I felt like it was just reiterating what I had already looked into before.I had already saw the similarities with Paganism and that there was a HUGE chance that Jesus name was hijacked for use of brainwashing the masses.If you would be so kind,would you save me the struggle of searching and present the source(s) to better explain your argument?I'm most interested in the fact that you said "but when I started my research about scientific proof of the Bible and the scientific view of Creationism,I found that the things said in the Bible are more credible than other theories.".I truly don't have much insight on Creationism but....is it not the science BASED of the Bible?They would coincide :O
Posted on: 2009/10/5 19:46
  •  marcocsb
      marcocsb
UtadaNet Regular
A/S/L
A series of 8 videos with quotes from several historians that where questioned about Jesus being a copy of ancient mythology like Egyptian, Indian, Greek, etc. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GKlWWEViURo
---------

http://www.answersingenesis.org/
http://www.reasons.org/
http://75.125.60.6/~creatio1/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=1&Itemid=3

This sites are a community of scientists that look for real evidence to prove or even disprove the Bible and also they question other theories like evolution and the Big Bang or the current dating methods for fossils and rocks based on discoveries, experiments and logic, they still don't have every answer to everything but they are working really hard to explain in a scientific way how the stories from the Bible could have happened.
There's a lot of information but please read it.

Also i would like you to please provide me your sources about what you call the Jesus Christ Myth.
Posted on: 2009/10/5 21:16
Hikki Fanatic
A/S/L 20/M/Philippines
I honestly think that religion shouldn't be debated... I'm really sorry guys but this time i disagree of this topic...

Everybody is entitled to choose what religion/principle they want to follow as long as do what they think was right, there's no need to debate whether is your God true, or are your religion's teachings the correct one...It doesn't matter what you choose to believe...

I'm a catholic, born and raised in a very Christian country, although I admit there are some doctrines that are seemingly wrong for me, I cannot question them...I'll just don't do them...

May you be a Muslim, a Jewish, or an atheist, as long as you don't step on other people, as long as you do what you think was good for yourself and others, that's it...

Religion can be both a guide or a hope... guide for us not to do bad to others, and hope for us because if you read our bible, you can say that "Hey! God really loves us, and that someday we will be together again." For us Christians, that's our hope...or to you Muslims that Allah loves you...

I maybe the only one who doesn't agree on this topic, but hey, at least I gave my two cents on this one...peace everyone!
Posted on: 2009/10/5 23:43
 Top   Previous Topic   Next Topic
<12345>