Utada Net.com Forum Index
   General Discussion
  I'm not looking to start a religious debate but....

Bottom   Previous Topic   Next Topic
<12345>
  •  Topic options
Poster Thread
  •  LoBFCanti
      LoBFCanti
Re: I'm not looking to start a religious debate but....
Insane Hikki Fan
A/S/L 20/M/Brooklyn,NY
Quote:

marcocsb wrote:
A series of 8 videos with quotes from several historians that where questioned about Jesus being a copy of ancient mythology like Egyptian, Indian, Greek, etc. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GKlWWEViURo
---------

http://www.answersingenesis.org/
http://www.reasons.org/
http://75.125.60.6/~creatio1/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=1&Itemid=3

This sites are a community of scientists that look for real evidence to prove or even disprove the Bible and also they question other theories like evolution and the Big Bang or the current dating methods for fossils and rocks based on discoveries, experiments and logic, they still don't have every answer to everything but they are working really hard to explain in a scientific way how the stories from the Bible could have happened.
There's a lot of information but please read it.

Also i would like you to please provide me your sources about what you call the Jesus Christ Myth.

Please let it be noted that I never said that I don't believe Jesus existed.But this didn't effect my view of th e matter much.How ever this does clarify the misinterpretation/utter rubbish(because it doesn't make sense anymore) of the alignment theory.That was something I did take from the film and hearsay.It was gullible on my part,but I did point out that I "had been told" such upon mentioning it.But the other coincidences are very hard to convince me on.I have no means respectable knowledge of the constellations,I can only point out 2 .Particularly,the fact that December 25 and Easter do coincide with pagan holidays.It should be clear that Jesus of course didn't start Christianity because :/ hell he was supposed to be dead.December bother me because it would seem to have been blatantly selected to go along with the Solstice and Easter which is the holiday for "Ishtar".The Jewish passover and Ishtar's holiday happen to take place along side each other every few years,which would suit the biblical connection but where does it state that Jesus died on such days?It was a misinterpretation I've come to understand.Of one simple mention of the holiday in the text I might add.King Herald mentioned he would *instead* celebrate Easter,so why do we call his rising day Easter?Do you not think it was done to get Pagans to convert?With proper intent....that doesn't even seem so bad.But the practices and symbolism of Christianity today I can say are by no means relevant to Jesus teachings.But also this aren't accusation I drew from review,but of time and through logic.If you fill this is not creditable to site then by all means disregard my views as commendable observations but continue to contribute to the thread.

I will continue to watch the rest of the film in hope of understanding the truths of the biblical occurrence I find to be very obscured.I'll look into creationism soon enough.I have a huge quarrel with the idea that someone could vividly record/relay the process of creation through text that came quite sometime after.The bible never off puts the idea of earth being here before the record beings but for me to say Dinosaurs and the first of primates with homosepian(sp) form resided in the same time period is ridiculous.But this the only theory of creationism I've been exposed to so I won't be rash as to dismiss the science just yet.But that would make stances that the bible(in it's original orientation) was a book of folklore like I stated.I happen to love the Epic of Gilgamesh and Kojiki,which serve with similar functions.The metaphoric explanation book :/.But I have a serious issue with people pushing these things on to others as undisputed truths.

I would also like to say you don't know how gravely insulted by you saying I was a Zeltgiest Drone :/ I didn't start this thread to imply that I was the supreme of rederick,I started it to point out religion is not natural and that it downplays the abilities that we as humans/beings of logic/creation of god have naturally.I for one feel like God isn't something that apart from us.God isn't apart from existence.I don't feel nothing exist before God.

Edit:Wow.The movie even shines light on the Roman Catholic church prototype/perfection.This was very informative.I'd like to discuss this more with you tomorrow.I'll also then read up on what exactly is Creationism.But this does disprove my statement.It fixed the fabrications of the present but also points out that the one set centuries ago still lie untouched.The glorification of the cross,the ritual of the last supper(though I feel they covered that),the set day of worship...these bewilderments however are not ruptured.Are they necessary?What isn't that you are gaining from them?
Posted on: 2009/10/5 23:48
  •  LoBFCanti
      LoBFCanti
Re: Im not looking to start a religious debate but....
Insane Hikki Fan
A/S/L 20/M/Brooklyn,NY
Sorry about the quadrapost
Posted on: 2009/10/6 0:56
  •  marcocsb
      marcocsb
UtadaNet Regular
A/S/L
Ok first of all i apologize for calling you a Zeitgeist Drone.

I agree that Christian religion is very corrupted by pagan teachings. After Jesus died Romans wanted to finish the original christian church but after killing so many christians they saw it was futile because when they killed one christian, more people joined the church after seeing that people were actually dying for their beliefs so they thought that their beliefs were very real and the faith of other members of the church grew stronger cause Jesus warned them that they would be persecuted after his death until the end of times. But as Romans saw that they couldn't exterminate the enemy they decided to inflitrate the enemy by creating a new religion and that religion is what we know today as the Roman Catholic Church, they introduced bit by bit pagan teachings like sun worship, they teach that Jesus was born in December 25th but that's a lie, the Bible doesn't mention when Jesus was born but Bible experts say based on the description of the weather, events, and people's activities around the day Jesus was born that it couldn't be during winter. December 25th is related to Sun worship in Rome, if you see the catholic churches or the clothes and jewerly of the Pope you'll see a lot of symbols that look like the sun.
History books mention the infamous Inquisition, when the Roman Catholic Church tortured and killed everyone that read the Bible and other forbidden books.

Nowadays anyone that reads the Bible knows why the Catholics didn't want people to read the Bible, that's because the Bible condemns several of the teachings and practices created by Catholics.

And the rest is history, every other religion is polluted by pagan teachings, there's no pure religion anymore, most of them are sects. The Bible prophesy all this.

Sometimes the Bible may sound like a fantasy story but that's because it is "cloaked" to protect the word of God from evil people that would try to destroy the Bible if they knew the real meaning of the prophecies. For example when the book of revelations mentions beasts with horns, we know through the book of Daniel that these beasts are kingdoms and the horns are the kings, so when you read something about a 7 horned beast, it is a kingdom that had or will have 7 kings in total. The only way to understand the Bible and not finding contradictions within its books is to read it completely or else it is easy to misunderstand it.

Other interesting stuff about the Bible is that it let us know before the era of telescopes that the amount of starts in the universe is compared to the sand of the beach, also that the earth is round and floats on nothing, someone very wise for his time had to write this.

Jesus tells us that salvation is a personal matter, it is not a matter of our religious affiliation and the way to know God is through his word and the holy spirit not through temples nor saints.
Posted on: 2009/10/6 12:59
  •  Amaterasu
      Amaterasu
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L 26/M/Canada
Hi marcocsb,

Thanks for introducing me to the YT link concerning the discrediting of the movie/book Zeigheist. I saw that at the recommendation of a friend some time ago and while I found it interesting and entertaining, I didn't buy into it.

I am very concerned with documentaries of that type when they do not introduce accredited speakers into the film and just go ahead and list 'facts' as they stand. Where are the references, the biliography, the citations?

And now it seems as though my suspicions were correct: that that film is mostly contrived BS.
Posted on: 2009/10/8 14:05
  •  LoBFCanti
      LoBFCanti
Insane Hikki Fan
A/S/L 20/M/Brooklyn,NY
Quote:

Amaterasu wrote:
Hi marcocsb,

Thanks for introducing me to the YT link concerning the discrediting of the movie/book Zeigheist. I saw that at the recommendation of a friend some time ago and while I found it interesting and entertaining, I didn't buy into it.

I am very concerned with documentaries of that type when they do not introduce accredited speakers into the film and just go ahead and list 'facts' as they stand. Where are the references, the biliography, the citations?

And now it seems as though my suspicions were correct: that that film is mostly contrived BS.

Well the Jesus part at least...the other stuff I do believe is....er...common knowledge....their are many other films that do a more in-depth explanation of the issue with the IRS and Economical instabilities.
Posted on: 2009/10/8 16:39
  •  percypenn
      percypenn
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L tmp
this site is www.utadanet.com

if you have any respect for its members/users, please refrain from discussing sensitive issues here like religion, racism, political, social, etc..

there are other venues in which you could freely discuss your specific issues. this is not it's place.

peace to all!!
Posted on: 2009/10/8 21:29
Re: I
A/S/L 20 / F / Manila, Philippines
I haven't posted anything on this thread, but seriously..

What the heck's gotten in to the minds of some members now a days? I remember this thread started from the Disaster in the Philippines thread. Then, religion is being debated by members. I only asked for prayers and this is what we got?!

I don't know what upbringing or culture you have, but if you can't stay off, just pay some respect.

This is crazy.

Utada Hikaru made my day on October 24, 2010 at exactly 6pm (Philippine time)
Posted on: 2009/10/9 8:41
  •  Amaterasu
      Amaterasu
Re: I
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L 26/M/Canada
My personal feelings but:

This has very little to do with the Phillipines thread! Just look at this as an unrelated discussion.

This thread is in the General Discussion. It doesn't at all violate the rules. Just as romance and crushes have nothing to do with UH, posting a thread of this vein is no less correct.

"Talk about whatever you want... General Interest, Current Events, etc..."

If you're offended by this thread, just don't click on it and leave it alone.
Posted on: 2009/10/9 9:20
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L 19!!! ???? Philippines
this is so childish
Posted on: 2009/10/9 9:58
  •  LoBFCanti
      LoBFCanti
Insane Hikki Fan
A/S/L 20/M/Brooklyn,NY
No really...this is a unrelated topic...and I started to have the discussion with Pips and Amaterasu initially.It was in direct response to their post.NOT TO THE TOPIC or ANYONE ELSE.You have all rights to feel offend,but I'm telling you there is no reason for you to.You can disregard this thread.I'm not attacking members with this thread.I would only hope these thread would let the think about their choices more.Be a little more curious.
Posted on: 2009/10/10 6:44
 Top   Previous Topic   Next Topic
<12345>