Utada Net.com Forum Index
   General Utada Discussion
  [Rumor] IDJ Pushing Utada for Grammy Nomination?

Bottom   Previous Topic   Next Topic
12>
  •  Topic options
Poster Thread
  •  Polyrhythm
      Polyrhythm
[Rumor] IDJ Pushing Utada for Grammy Nomination?
UN Reporter
A/S/L 17/M/Southern California
She will never get nominated or win though...but its nice they tried at least

Album of the year: This Is The One
http://www.grammy.com/members/entry/entry/album_year.pdf

Best female pop vocal performance: Come Back To Me
http://www.grammy.com/members/entry/entry/pop.pdf

Best pop vocal album: This Is The One
http://www.grammy.com/members/entry/entry/pop.pdf

This is kinda funny...why push for something you refuse to even promote? @_@

Signature made by me (DEEP RIVER from AHS Forum)
Graphics Shop
Posted on: 2009/10/2 15:32
  •  gantzman246
      gantzman246
Re: IDJ Pushing Utada for Grammy Nomination?
Hikki Fanatic
A/S/L
Its not impossible. Popular R&B singer Chrisette Michele's single Be Ok won the 2009 Grammy award for Best Urban/Alternative performance. Despite that it charted at #61 & 21 on the Billboard R&B charts. I'm surprised they want to nominate her though. If she does end up she's nominated that's a great achievement.

The links aren't working.
Posted on: 2009/10/2 16:24
  •  Amaterasu
      Amaterasu
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L 26/M/Canada
Hum!

There are a few things against this case here!

1) None of the links work
2) Googling "Utada" + Grammy gives me no validations on this topic.
3) This album sold a whole (4) copies.

And I own two of them.
Posted on: 2009/10/2 19:42
  •  Polyrhythm
      Polyrhythm
UN Reporter
A/S/L 17/M/Southern California
Quote:

gantzman246 wrote:
Its not impossible. Popular R&B singer Chrisette Michele's single Be Ok won the 2009 Grammy award for Best Urban/Alternative performance. Despite that it charted at #61 & 21 on the Billboard R&B charts. I'm surprised they want to nominate her though. If she does end up she's nominated that's a great achievement.

The links aren't working.

Sorry. They were working when I posted. The first link still work. The other 2 dont work anymore apparently

Signature made by me (DEEP RIVER from AHS Forum)
Graphics Shop
Posted on: 2009/10/2 21:16
  •  SwallowTail
      SwallowTail
A/S/L ∞ / M / Indonesia
Is this a Rumor or News ?

Well all the link didn't work for me. And as for myself I don't think she will get nominated... maybe she will on the list but to be nominated not sure.

Not pessimistic but I'm trying to be realistic, if i look at any GRAMMY show. I'm not really sure GRAMMY is the milestones of a good music or not. And for me she no need GRAMMY nomination to show that she was a talented singer and composer.
Posted on: 2009/10/3 5:48
  •  ramenbox
      ramenbox
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L 19/F/Malaysia
The links aren't working for me too. 404 error.

Anyways, like other forumers, I tried searching for it on the net too. No results. Judging from the album sales, I don't think they will consider to nominate her. Plus, she's not exactly that well known (I'm referring to the Western market). It's good to have hope though. As a huge fan of her, it'll be great to see her get nominated.
Posted on: 2009/10/4 7:41
  •  Amaterasu
      Amaterasu
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L 26/M/Canada
Not even the first link works.

Rumour of this has also spread to another message board - but until I see something concrete, I'm not buying this stock.

Seeing as how IDJ aborted promotion for TITO halfway and cancelled everything, why would they bother to push for a Grammy?

If I were Hikki, I'd be scoffing, or pissed. Maybe both.
Posted on: 2009/10/4 8:07
  •  ffamran
      ffamran
UtadaNet Newbie
A/S/L
It's confirmed they submitted Utada for at least a few things... I saw it a few days ago when those links were still up.

The thing is, just about anything on any major record label can be submitted... it doesn't really mean anything just to be submitted. I don't really think that anything will come out of it for Utada, sadly.

There's around 700 submissions in each category, and the Grammy committee will pick 5 to be nominated. Usually, Grammy people will pick the acts that either (1) sell a LOT... people like Beyonce, Lady Gaga, Kelly Clarkson, Taylor Swift, and Eminem... (2) are ridiculously critically lauded (like Adele last year), or (3) are American icons for like the past 30 years (like Robert Plant last year)

I distinctly remember Utada's "Come Back To Me" in record of the year, song of the year, and best female pop performance, and "This is the One" was submitted for album of the year and best pop vocal album. She wasn't submitted for best new artist though.

"This is the One" has a minuscule chance though because its title kinda points to it to be nominated lol. I remember that something called "Consider This" won some obscure Grammy once.
Posted on: 2009/10/4 10:31
  •  ffamran
      ffamran
UtadaNet Newbie
A/S/L
Quote:

Amaterasu wrote:
Hum!

There are a few things against this case here!

1) None of the links work
2) Googling "Utada" + Grammy gives me no validations on this topic.
3) This album sold a whole (4) copies.

And I own two of them.

The lists were "leaked," meaning they weren't supposed to be there. They were taken down. Actually, I'm not too sure why that happens, as the lists "leak" every year around this time :P

But basically, it's information that only official Grammy people are supposed to know. Fans check it out to see what their favorite artist has submitted.

You can't search it because no one bothered copied down all 3000-ish submissions and put it on a website

Record sales don't really have anything to do with grammy nominations... who knows, maybe the record label submitted it back when they were actually promoting her.
Posted on: 2009/10/4 10:37
  •  Amaterasu
      Amaterasu
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L 26/M/Canada
I may still have a bitter taste about the whole Hikaru being abducted by aliens during the midst of promotion and her not returning to work to pay too much attention to this.

For me the links are still broken and always were, but I'll put faith in your word.

But I honestly don't think that Hikaru has a chance.
Posted on: 2009/10/4 16:11
 Top   Previous Topic   Next Topic
12>