1234...8>
  •  Topic options
Poster Thread
  •  quincye93
      quincye93
Who here speaks Japanese?
Hikki Fanatic
A/S/L 23/M/USA
Can you speak it? Has JPop inspired you to learn? I was just wondering considering we're all fans of Jpop.

Listening to Jpop has inspired me to start "learning" Japanese. I'm not taking classes or anything, so I hope to be half-way fluent within the next 6-8 years XD. I can read hiragana, katakana, and I know few kanji. I only know a few words here and there along with some simple phrases. I learned a lot of words because they've been repeated in so many songs (I swear いつまでも, ずっと, 青空, ぼく, きみ, and でも are the most used words in Jpop). I hope to take a semester or two in college.

あなたはいかが。
Posted on: 2009/10/11 10:25
Re: Who here speaks Japanese?
Hikki Fanatic
A/S/L 20 Male
I'm not fluent but I can say all the basics like Hello goodbye and all that I wish I can speak it fluently though.
Posted on: 2009/10/11 11:07
  •  Kumachang
      Kumachang
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L
I'm currently studying japanese :D so yeah... i can kinda have a conversation with japanese people, but don't expect me to start talking about sophisticated stuff xD
Posted on: 2009/10/11 11:11
Hikki Fanatic
A/S/L 20 Male
Quote:

Kumachang wrote:
I'm currently studying japanese :D so yeah... i can kinda have a conversation with japanese people, but don't expect me to start talking about sophisticated stuff xD

LOL I had a convo with a Japanese boy my age and I asked him to speak his language with me just for fun while he was going off and I had no idea what he said I kept saying "I would like some tea" In Japanese because it was the only thing i knew how to say that wasnt basic lol he was like what
Posted on: 2009/10/11 11:15
  •  kayoko
      kayoko
Insane Hikki Fan
A/S/L 30/M/KOR
i know the simple greetings, counting, and bits and pieces of phrases/sentences through songs...dareka ja naku, dare demo naku (dont do it for others, do it for yourself)...listening inspired me 100%...ive studied hiragana and katakana for a while...and my japanese friend told me that 90% of chinese characters was the same to kanji, and seeing i studied chinese with her, i expected myself to know lots of it but its hard still for me to learn it all..ive the accent down just not the speed quite yet
Posted on: 2009/10/11 13:49
  •  Josh_Shing
      Josh_Shing
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L 19/M/Washington
I think in the beginning when i started listening to hikki, i really wanted to learn japanese. Then i started watching bleach with subs and then i think that's where i really started learning some phrases.

But i really only know enough to impress someone for a short short short time. But it's always awkward when speaking cuz i'm not always sure i'm using the phrases right!
Posted on: 2009/10/11 14:19
  •  a_kikoo
      a_kikoo
UN Reporter
A/S/L 26/F
I was born in japan, raised in Hawaii. I moved back to japan after graduating high school and lived there for 3 years before moving back to Hawaii this past July. I'm fluent in Japanese. I've always talked to my parents in Japanese since I was little. I also worked in japan for the 3 years I was there which helped me improve my Japanese. I can read and write as well but I still need to study the harder kanji.I think I'm pretty good for the most part. People tell me that I don't have an accent and I speak Japanese well for being raised overseas.
Posted on: 2009/10/11 16:26
  •  ramenbox
      ramenbox
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L 19/F/Malaysia
I'm so envious of people who aren't Japanese but they can speak Japanese fluently. It makes life VERY easy. For instance you can watch RAW anime, it's annoying to wait for the subbed ones and there's no need to wait for English version of video games. Moreover there are so many great Japanese games which will never be released in English.

Anyways I only know certain phrases or words that I've picked up from Japn songs that I like and animes that I watch. There are many sites that teach basics of Japanese language but I'm just too lazy to sit in front of the PC and study.
Posted on: 2009/10/11 18:08
  •  LoBFCanti
      LoBFCanti
Insane Hikki Fan
A/S/L 20/M/Brooklyn,NY
Quote:

ramenbox wrote:
I'm so envious of people who aren't Japanese but they can speak Japanese fluently. It makes life VERY easy. For instance you can watch RAW anime, it's annoying to wait for the subbed ones and there's no need to wait for English version of video games. Moreover there are so many great Japanese games which will never be released in English.

Anyways I only know certain phrases or words that I've picked up from Japn songs that I like and animes that I watch. There are many sites that teach basics of Japanese language but I'm just too lazy to sit in front of the PC and study.

I had a habit of forcing myself to watch raws while teaching myself.Black Lagoon episodes 1-4 were my torture....I actually have been slacking off quite much and forgotten a lot.
Posted on: 2009/10/11 20:00
  •  SwallowTail
      SwallowTail
A/S/L ∞ / M / Indonesia
I can speak some Japanese language like greeting a simple stuff like that and of course Japanese cursing language XD you must learn it too.

I learn it by play Japanese video game, like Super Robot Wars Series, Berserk and other Japanese game.
Posted on: 2009/10/11 22:26
 Top   Previous Topic   Next Topic
1234...8>