<12345...8>
  •  Topic options
Poster Thread
  •  EezyBreezy
      EezyBreezy
Re: Who here speaks Japanese?
UtadaNet Regular
A/S/L 21/F/Canada
I'm not fluent, but I took it in highschool from 9th grade to 12th. I'm currently taking courses of Japanese in college.

So while I'm not fluent, I WILL be in the future. =D I'm going to take all of the available courses of it, take profiency tests and do any additional studying I need to do to achieve this.

I've always really loved languages, and when I first heard Japanese I was like, "Wow that's pretty!" When I first started taking it when I was in highschool and realized how easy of a language it is, I was very determined to become fluent in it.

I listen to Japanese music for listening practise, and I bought some manga for reading practise.
Posted on: 2009/10/11 22:34
A/S/L 20 / F / Manila, Philippines
I speak a little Japanese. Like basic conversations and basic sentence structure. I bought books to help me which includes the formal and informal Japanese conversations. It helped a lot, now I'm working on my vocabulary.

These sites help: www.japaneseclass.jp and www.japanese.about.com

Jpop wa mainichi kitte da yo. Dakara, ima, Nihonggo wa jibun de benkyou suru da. Kedo, nanka muzukashii da yo ne? Nihonggo no koto. Kanji mo muzukashii yo. Kanji no imi ga ippai dakara, tada subete oboenai. Nihonjin tomodachi ga aru da yo. Go-nin da. Ano hito-tachi wa Yokohama ni sunde imasu. Ima, watashi-tachi to hanashi ga chatto dake. Firipin ni modorenai kashira? Demo, yakusoku n da. "Firipin ni moderimasu" tte ita. Dakara ima demo watashi no tomodachi ni matteru. Shinjiru yo.

---
I think that was a bad Japanese correct my paragraph above if somebody understood it.

Utada Hikaru made my day on October 24, 2010 at exactly 6pm (Philippine time)
Posted on: 2009/10/12 1:59
  •  dral
      dral
Hikki Fanatic
A/S/L 23/M
Haha! i used to study basic Japanese too. I can understand what you say (everything). seriously hope i have more time to study the language, especially sentence construction. Vocabulary wise is more of memorising or using, think it will come naturally if you are more expose to Japanese material.

Posted on: 2009/10/12 10:12
  •  EezyBreezy
      EezyBreezy
UtadaNet Regular
A/S/L 21/F/Canada
@Soulhunter

kitte da yo --> kiku n da. Or to be less informal, kiku no desu.

benkyou suru da --> benkyou suru n da. Or again, suru no desu.

Japanese don't tend to use "kedo" at the beginning of sentences.

muzukashii da --> muzukashii desu yo ne OR muzukashii yo ne. Don't use "da" after an i-adjective.

Nihongo no koto --> nihongo wa. Don't need to use "koto".

ippai dakara --> ippai aru kara/aru n desu kara

nihonjin no tomodachi ga iru (not aru, as aru is used for inanimate objects or dead people :) )

Don't need to say "ano hitotachi wa"; since you've just mentioned the friends last sentence, they'll still be the subject of the next sentence.

Ima, watashi-tachi to hanashi ga chatto dake --> sorry, I don't really understand what you're trying to say here.

Anyway, it's really good overall, just little mistakes here and there. Sorry if I sound... you know. <3?
Posted on: 2009/10/12 13:07
Quote:
EezyBreezy wrote:
@Soulhunter

kitte da yo --> kiku n da. Or to be less informal, kiku no desu.

Ano, chotto. what are the differences of ~te ending verbs to the ~u ending verbs?

Quote:
benkyou suru da --> benkyou suru n da. Or again, suru no desu.

"da" is the plain for of "desu" right? everytime I use "suru" like my mistake here, it should be followed by "n" before "da"? I saw it in my book too, but I'm a little confused.

Quote:
muzukashii da --> muzukashii desu yo ne OR muzukashii yo ne. Don't use "da" after an i-adjective.

Thank you! does it apply to all "i-adjective" words? Could it also be "Muzukashii wa yo" or for masculine form, "muzukashii ze" something like that? Or is my term for masculine speech is, nanka hen?

Quote:
Nihongo no koto --> nihongo wa. Don't need to use "koto".

Oh, wakatta. I forgot, since my topic is Nihonggo, I shouldn't use "koto" which has the literal meaning of "the thing Nihonggo", correct me if I'm wrong.

Quote:
ippai dakara --> ippai aru kara/aru n desu kara

Q: Is "aru" applicable for numbers/quantities?

Quote:
nihonjin no tomodachi ga iru (not aru, as aru is used for inanimate objects or dead people :) )

oh lol! I forgot this, this was one of the basic lessons. oh my bad. "iru/imasu" are for animals and people, while "aru/arimasu" are for objects right?

Quote:
Don't need to say "ano hitotachi wa"; since you've just mentioned the friends last sentence, they'll still be the subject of the next sentence.

Arigato! I've forgotten the lessons that I've read/watched. Nihonjins do not tend to repeat the subject if they already know what/who you were talking about. Sorry for that.

Quote:
Ima, watashi-tachi to hanashi ga chatto dake --> sorry, I don't really understand what you're trying to say here.

What I'm trying to say is "we only talk in chat as of the moment". Can you compose a better sentence structure for that?

Quote:
Anyway, it's really good overall, just little mistakes here and there. Sorry if I sound... you know. <3?

Iiya, daijobu yo. Gomen, Watashi no nihonggo wa warui da ne? Ima mo motto benkyou suru n da. Arigato ne. You've just inspired me. Are you Nihonjin?

Posted on: 2009/10/13 3:04
  •  ramenbox
      ramenbox
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L 19/F/Malaysia
Wow, you people capable.

I think it'll be nice if one of you guys here teach us something new each day. It'll be easier to learn that way for those people who are lazy like me. Lol. It's merely a suggestion.
Posted on: 2009/10/13 6:01
  •  Hikki4life4ever
      Hikki4life4ever
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L _/Female/Pye Green,UK
Well, I speak basic Japanese but not a lot. Even though i wish I could learn it fluently.

Love is like a mix of extremes: anxiety and peace - 宇多田 ヒカル / Utada Hikaru
Posted on: 2009/10/13 9:36
Well, in learning of course you need perseverance, focus and interest.

I suggested a link below, and I swear those sites help. And also, search for the username "Aploosh" on youtube, he uploaded Japanese formal conversations video. Before you study the casual Japanese conversation, undergo with formal first. though, I'm still having a hard time on it Learning Kana and Kanji before proceeding to the lessons are much better. I memorized Kana before jumping to Japanese lessons. And a little kanji.

Posted on: 2009/10/13 22:24
  •  EezyBreezy
      EezyBreezy
UtadaNet Regular
A/S/L 21/F/Canada
@Soulhunter

The "u" form is the verb, and the "te" form is a conjugation of the verb.

"n da" is a shortened form of "no desu."

Yes, it applies to all i-adjectives. And you are correct in saying "muzukashii wa yo," as well as "muzukashii ze."

And yes, 'aru' is applicable for numbers/quantities. They don't typically use it, since they have counters. It's not incorrect to say this, however.

Perhaps, say if you speak in MSN, you could say that instead of 'chatto,' because I actually thought you were typo-ing either "chotto," or "chanto." XD; Hence the confusion.

And no, I'm not Japanese. Just like you I'm studying. =D
Posted on: 2009/10/15 19:19
Quote:

EezyBreezy wrote:
@Soulhunter

The "u" form is the verb, and the "te" form is a conjugation of the verb.

"n da" is a shortened form of "no desu."

Yes, it applies to all i-adjectives. And you are correct in saying "muzukashii wa yo," as well as "muzukashii ze."

And yes, 'aru' is applicable for numbers/quantities. They don't typically use it, since they have counters. It's not incorrect to say this, however.

Perhaps, say if you speak in MSN, you could say that instead of 'chatto,' because I actually thought you were typo-ing either "chotto," or "chanto." XD; Hence the confusion.

And no, I'm not Japanese. Just like you I'm studying. =D

Sou ka? Domo

Wait, what's the difference of "ze" and "zo" it's both male speech right? I'm guessing that "zo" has a higher emotion than "ze"?

lol. about chatto, I read a comment in romaji of a Japanese friend, and she said "anata to chatto shitai yo" so I was thinking, she wrote the word "chat" in the order of katakana but wrote it in romaji, so it became "chatto" - chi/ya/*tsu*/to that's why I also wrote chatto. haha. did it made you confused? However, is my sentence structure correct? About the chat.

Really? do you study it individually? Or is it a part of your subjects in the university?

EDIT: Anata wa watashi no Nihonggo sensei ni naritai. Sore wa ii na no? Facebook account ga aru?

Posted on: 2009/10/15 20:21
 Top   Previous Topic   Next Topic
<12345...8>