A/S/L 17/M/Cal
i also speak alittle
Posted on: 2009/10/16 10:17
  •  kayoko
      kayoko
Re: Who here speaks Japanese?
Insane Hikki Fan
A/S/L 30/M/KOR
i saw that learning bits and pieces from music was nice but it wasnt going to help, so i decided to learn ground up...i bought a book and purchased“my japanese coach” for ds...and i made tons of progress...learned all 46 hiragana, and have it memorized by heart now...so if anyone was looking to learn more.buying books and/orthe game for ds is highly recommended on my behalf.
Posted on: 2009/11/1 21:59
A/S/L 20 / F / Manila, Philippines
Since I'am not Chinese nor Korean, I have a low knowledge on Kanji or Chinese characters. That's why I'm finding it hard to memorize the meaning of each character and how it is read. The On-yomi and Kun-yomi reading

However the site Japanese Class is a big help for me to memorize the meaning and reading of each character. It also boosts your Japanese vocabulary.

--
Ima no watashi wa sukoshi Nihonggo o wakarimasu. Kanji mo sukoshi kakemasu.

Utada Hikaru made my day on October 24, 2010 at exactly 6pm (Philippine time)
Posted on: 2009/11/2 4:13
  •  skylight
      skylight
Addicted to Hikki
A/S/L
I took a class earlier this year and I can read and write hiragana and katakana. I can recognize some basic kanji.

I'm still not sure if I should take the JLPT (for level 4) this year since it's quite near already and I haven't mastered Minna no Nihongo.
Posted on: 2009/11/2 5:01
  •  Unregistered
      Unregistered
guest_Unregistered
I was teaching myself Japanese when I was in high school, but Spanish got in the way. I remember some of what I learned, but not a whole lot haha. Now I speak Spanish intermediately, and I know a few phrases in Karen like "sit on your bottom!" and stuff.
Posted on: 2009/11/2 10:13
  •  kayoko
      kayoko
Insane Hikki Fan
A/S/L 30/M/KOR
if you learn spanish abunai..japanese shouldnt be so hard...yes the language will be totally different, new vocab and all but the sentence structure is the same so putting words together should be somewhat easy...
Posted on: 2009/11/2 16:11
  •  Suroki
      Suroki
Hikki Fanatic
A/S/L 30/F
Rosetta Stone is the most amazing language-learning program ever. I solidified my high school years of Spanish, and started learning Korean just because! It's crazy. It's fun, and it doesn't even feel like learning... you're just looking at pictures and clicking the corresponding things, and before you know it you're saying things to yourself in the target language. XD

I highly recommend Rosetta Stone in any language! Lol this ended up a testimonial...
Posted on: 2009/11/2 18:29
  •  Unregistered
      Unregistered
guest_Unregistered
Rosetta Stone IS an awesome program. We used it in the ESL program, when I helped teach English to the immigrant kids.

I don't know. I'm thinking I may take up learning it again. I think what made it harder was the fact that Japanese isn't a very big "group" here. You know? There's no one to speak with in person, where as Spanish.. That's all I hear day in and day out. When Francisco's mad at me, he'll go for a week without speaking to me in English.

EDIT:

Rosetta Stone is an EXTREMELY expensive program, btw. lolz
Posted on: 2009/11/3 9:07
Addicted to Hikki
A/S/L Male/25/NJ
I wish I could take classes, I've had to teach myself. The problem with that is you tend to slack off since there's no focus on moving forward in a ceartain time period. I do happen to have a very good Japanese accent, though. Or perhaps I can say that I do a pretty good job of dropping my accent.
Posted on: 2009/11/20 12:11
  •  minmi
      minmi
UtadaNet Newbie
A/S/L 19/male/chicago
Quote:

kayoko wrote:
i know the simple greetings, counting, and bits and pieces of phrases/sentences through songs...dareka ja naku, dare demo naku (dont do it for others, do it for yourself)...listening inspired me 100%...ive studied hiragana and katakana for a while...and my japanese friend told me that 90% of chinese characters was the same to kanji, and seeing i studied chinese with her, i expected myself to know lots of it but its hard still for me to learn it all..ive the accent down just not the speed quite yet

that is not true about chinese characters, only 30% are the same, when learning simplified mandarin, when learning traditional there are more that are the same, but traditional is not taught it most schools.
Posted on: 2009/11/20 13:01
 Top   Previous Topic   Next Topic
<123456...8>