•  Topic options
Poster Thread
Re: Who here speaks Japanese?
A/S/L 20 / F / Manila, Philippines
Quote:

minmi wrote:
Quote:

kayoko wrote:
i know the simple greetings, counting, and bits and pieces of phrases/sentences through songs...dareka ja naku, dare demo naku (dont do it for others, do it for yourself)...listening inspired me 100%...ive studied hiragana and katakana for a while...and my japanese friend told me that 90% of chinese characters was the same to kanji, and seeing i studied chinese with her, i expected myself to know lots of it but its hard still for me to learn it all..ive the accent down just not the speed quite yet

that is not true about chinese characters, only 30% are the same, when learning simplified mandarin, when learning traditional there are more that are the same, but traditional is not taught it most schools.

I think kayo-kun is talking about Kanji characters which are originally Chinese characters adopted to be read in Japanese.

Utada Hikaru made my day on October 24, 2010 at exactly 6pm (Philippine time)
Posted on: 2009/12/11 7:20
  •  we1n88
      we1n88
UtadaNet Regular
A/S/L 22/ Male/ Kota Kinabalu, Malaysia.
boku mo nihongo wa dekiru desu~ yoroshiku onegaishimasu!
Posted on: 2009/12/11 8:09
UtadaNet Regular
A/S/L 18/ M / USA
^^ Pretty cool. I'm trying to learn Japanese now. I just finish learning kana and now I'm on to Kanji.
Posted on: 2009/12/11 20:07
  •  minmi
      minmi
UtadaNet Newbie
A/S/L 19/male/chicago
Quote:

soulhunter14 wrote:
Quote:

minmi wrote:
Quote:

kayoko wrote:
i know the simple greetings, counting, and bits and pieces of phrases/sentences through songs...dareka ja naku, dare demo naku (dont do it for others, do it for yourself)...listening inspired me 100%...ive studied hiragana and katakana for a while...and my japanese friend told me that 90% of chinese characters was the same to kanji, and seeing i studied chinese with her, i expected myself to know lots of it but its hard still for me to learn it all..ive the accent down just not the speed quite yet

that is not true about chinese characters, only 30% are the same, when learning simplified mandarin, when learning traditional there are more that are the same, but traditional is not taught it most schools.

I think kayo-kun is talking about Kanji characters which are originally Chinese characters adopted to be read in Japanese.

I was talking about that also,,,i study Chinese and Japanese :D ,,,only about 30% of kanji are the same as modern chinese characters. in traditional Chinese the percentage rises :)
Posted on: 2009/12/11 20:59
Quote:

we1n88 wrote:

Let me correct this.

"dekiru desu" is incorrect grammar. You should say "dekimasu" instead of "dekiru desu". Verbs ending in "ru" isn't followed by "desu". "ru" is removed and placed with "masu". and when the verb ends with "u" remove the final "u" and place "imasu" example 1: dekimasu. example 2: from "nomu" to "nomimasu"

That's for formal Japanese.

Posted on: 2009/12/12 2:17
  •  Kumachang
      Kumachang
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L
Quote:

soulhunter14 wrote:
Quote:

we1n88 wrote:

Let me correct this.

"dekiru desu" is incorrect grammar. You should say "dekimasu" instead of "dekiru desu". Verbs ending in "ru" isn't followed by "desu". "ru" is removed and placed with "masu". and when the verb ends with "u" remove the final "u" and place "imasu" example 1: dekimasu. example 2: from "nomu" to "nomimasu"

well, to be exact it should be "boku mo nihongo GA dekimasu." the particle ga is used in this case to express that someone is able to do something.

Apart from that, the final RU is not always omitted when forming the masu form (e.g. toru- torimasu) as it depends on the verb group... explaining the masu form is a little complicated lol but if anyone wants an explanation ,i'll try my best to give a brief introduction lol
Posted on: 2009/12/12 14:55
Quote:

Kumachang wrote:
Quote:

soulhunter14 wrote:
Quote:

we1n88 wrote:

Let me correct this.

well, to be exact it should be "boku mo nihongo GA dekimasu." the particle ga is used in this case to express that someone is able to do something.

Apart from that, the final RU is not always omitted when forming the masu form (e.g. toru- torimasu) as it depends on the verb group... explaining the masu form is a little complicated lol but if anyone wants an explanation ,i'll try my best to give a brief introduction lol

Ah, thank you. I remember "Kaeru" to "kaerimasu". Sorry. I forgot about the "wa" and "ga". "ga" is used also as an "object maker" instead of "wo/o" for expressing strong desire or something that you are able to do.

Posted on: 2009/12/14 1:43
  •  SwallowTail
      SwallowTail
A/S/L ∞ / M / Indonesia
Since you guys able to speak Japanese , i have a question what exactly "Moe" mean, i just dont get it. Is it slang word or something ?
Posted on: 2009/12/14 4:07
  •  Kumachang
      Kumachang
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L
Quote:

SwallowTail wrote:
Since you guys able to speak Japanese , i have a question what exactly "Moe" mean, i just dont get it. Is it slang word or something ?

lol.... well, moe (萌え) comes from the verb moeru which literally means "to sprout" or "to bud" and it kinda has a sexual connotation. i guess it's often used in otaku communities, erm it's usually used to refer to "hot or cute anime girls" lol... i'm sorry, i'm not really good at explaining :/ hope i could help :D
Posted on: 2009/12/14 12:09
  •  SwallowTail
      SwallowTail
A/S/L ∞ / M / Indonesia
Quote:

Kumachang wrote:
Quote:

SwallowTail wrote:

lol.... well, moe (萌え) comes from the verb moeru which literally means "to sprout" or "to bud" and it kinda has a sexual connotation. i guess it's often used in otaku communities, erm it's usually used to refer to "hot or cute anime girls" lol... i'm sorry, i'm not really good at explaining :/ hope i could help :D

I see , thanks for explanation.
Posted on: 2009/12/15 3:56
 Top   Previous Topic   Next Topic
<12345678>