•  Topic options
Poster Thread
  •  percypenn
      percypenn
can you play hikaru's songs?
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L tmp
to all utadanet members:

can anyone play hikaru's songs, be it guitar, keyboard, etc.
Posted on: 2009/10/20 11:40
  •  ramenbox
      ramenbox
Re: can you play hikaru's songs?
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L 19/F/Malaysia
Guitar is the only instrument that I can play so, yeah I can play a few of her songs on the acoustic. I'm still in the process of figuring out all the chords for About Me. Then I'd like to try Letters as well. The only Hikki song I can play on the electric is Hikari. Fail.
Posted on: 2009/10/20 21:40
  •  <3_UtadaHikaru_Aijin_<3
      <3_UtadaHikaru_Aijin_<3
Re: can you play hikaru's songs?
Show Off!
A/S/L 17/M/Cal
i can play hikari (only the beginning part) on both guitar and piano lolz =)
Posted on: 2009/10/20 21:43
  •  Josh_Shing
      Josh_Shing
Re: can you play hikarus songs?
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L 19/M/Washington
I can play Utada's "passion" on the piano. Anyone familiar with the kyle landry arrangement? That guy is amazing. That arrangement is supposedly the hardest version. I'm thinkin of posting a video of me soon!
Posted on: 2009/10/20 22:22
  •  Unregistered
      Unregistered
guest_Unregistered
Quote:

Josh_Shing wrote:
I can play Utada's "passion" on the piano. Anyone familiar with the kyle landry arrangement? That guy is amazing. That arrangement is supposedly the hardest version. I'm thinkin of posting a video of me soon!

You got to be kidding ME!!! you can play the one that Kyle arrangement!!!!!
Then BIG congrats.. to you!! heheh
anyway Kyle is one of fav. pianist
oh about Hikari can you play it.

And oh I'm just a noob in piano... 5 months
Posted on: 2009/10/21 6:06
  •  Pips_Paradise
      Pips_Paradise
Insane Hikki Fan
A/S/L 18/F/London
The only instruments I can play are the Comb ?n? Paper, I can play every Hikki classic from First Love to TiTo....Josh I totally agree ?Passion? the Kyle Landry arrangement is a challenge on the Comb ?n? Paper too, the tendency to dribble the ?intro? is messy to say the least......

I wonder if ramenbox would be up for a duet, a combo, whoa ... Dirty Desire (ramenpip remix) ,feat C?n?P.....

by the way the World Championships below for the doubters who disbelieve that a Comb?n?Paper are not legitimate musical instruments......

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/scotland/north_east/8141789.stm
Posted on: 2009/10/21 7:37
  •  percypenn
      percypenn
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L tmp
i can play the guitar. im not trying to sound air-headed or anything but i can play almost all her songs on guitar. it takes me about two runs on her songs and thats it, i can play with it until the song ends. hikari is easy to play since it is purely strumming and there are no guitar fills whatsoever. the trick is to make your strumming sound both like a guitar and a maraccas(percussive effect)at the same time. it takes a lot of practice to perfect that technique as it involves both wrist action and pick handling.

some songs might take a couple more listening to to finally figure out like songs with instrumentals and all.

the opening acoustic guitar riff in 'never let go' is one of my favorites as well the opening bars of 'give me a reason'.

another that gets me excited is the guitar riffs of 'kettobase'. those pinch harmonics are the bomb!
Posted on: 2009/10/21 7:40
  •  Hikki4life4ever
      Hikki4life4ever
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L _/Female/Pye Green,UK
I can play a little of 'First Love' On Keyboard....

Love is like a mix of extremes: anxiety and peace - 宇多田 ヒカル / Utada Hikaru
Posted on: 2009/10/21 8:44
  •  ramenbox
      ramenbox
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L 19/F/Malaysia
@Pips_Paradise : Could you provide another link of Comb 'n' Paper? The video isn't working for me. I'd like to know more about it. Excuse my stupidity but this is the first time I come across this instrument. Seems interesting!

@percypenn : Do you mind sharing some of the chords/tabs for her songs? I can't seem to get them right because I'm not really good at playing by ear.

Hikari is easy to play but I saw an extremely difficult version (improvised of course) on youtube. That guy plays kinda fast. Will share the video next time, I lost the link since I didn't favorite it.
Posted on: 2009/10/21 9:55
  •  Pips_Paradise
      Pips_Paradise
Insane Hikki Fan
A/S/L 18/F/London
Hey ramenbox that cool!

I been practicing and the best comb ?n? paper combo?.deep breath...... is a cashmere comb utilizing the defuzzit device as a nifty rattle, with a Kimberly-Clark Scott High Performance Toilet Tissue 2-ply paper wrap around?.....You know ramenbox I have a feeling we?re on to a winner .....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J4dyNLiM8vE&feature=related

http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.individual&videoid=3491671

Can't wait ....why are you running away.....
Posted on: 2009/10/21 13:23
 Top   Previous Topic   Next Topic
123>