Utada Net.com Forum Index
   Utada News
  New Single - "Dirty Desire" in January and NEW TOUR (Confirmed)?

Bottom   Previous Topic   Next Topic
<12345...13>
  •  Topic options
Poster Thread
  •  airac
      airac
Re: New Single - "Dirty Desire" in January and NEW TOUR (Confirmed)?
Addicted to Hikki
A/S/L
wow, this is a great news :D
Posted on: 2009/10/22 23:53
  •  percypenn
      percypenn
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L tmp
its good to hear news like this.

i hope she gets to visit asian countries as well the philippines, for example.
Posted on: 2009/10/23 0:48
  •  skylight
      skylight
Addicted to Hikki
A/S/L
wow in January? that's a whole year since CBTM came out.

But I want a Japanese single in January! I hope she releases one before she hopefully promotes TITO again.
Posted on: 2009/10/23 6:33
  •  FunkyStrawberries
      FunkyStrawberries
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L 25/ F/NY
Oh wow this is really exciting! : DD

Please, update us if you get any more info on whatever kind of tour!!
Posted on: 2009/10/23 8:23
  •  ramenbox
      ramenbox
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L 19/F/Malaysia
I'M SO EXCITED now. This is amazing news. Thank you SimChaoU for taking the initiative to ask and sharing this with us. Karma+++++ for you. Your news has brought so much joy and excitement!

Can't wait till they officially announce it. Yeah, Mraz's case was something similar and it was kinda successful, wasn't it? Let's hope the same goes for Hikki (or even better!).
Posted on: 2009/10/23 8:48
  •  SimChaoU
      SimChaoU
UtadaNet Newbie
A/S/L
Quote:

cutelilme wrote:
oh wow thats cool! but so much time has elapsed since TITO's release, i wonder how they would go about promoting it. Like "Oh yeah, this single if off her album that released last year, please go buy it!" So awkward. I think this late in the game, promotion must would be sort of weird

They would just advertise that the single is off of her album TITO which is "available now". They wouldn't specify that it was released a year ago... Because it kindof doesn't matter. It's not too late for a new single.

January is a good month too. It's typically a slow month for music, so with less new releases, maybe radio would be more likely to pick it up. My only fear is that the production on "Dirty Desire" might sound too dated for 2010. We shall see.
Posted on: 2009/10/23 9:46
  •  IceAngel
      IceAngel
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L 23/Female/UK
Unless they are gonna do one of those albums with "+ 5 new tracks" like so many artists have done recently. Who knows, if thats the case it maybe called "This Is The One Definately" :-S
Posted on: 2009/10/23 16:04
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L 18/GQ?/CA
Quote:

SimChaoU wrote:
My only fear is that the production on "Dirty Desire" might sound too dated for 2010. We shall see.

It already sounded kind of dated for 2009- that's part of the song's (and the album's) appeal. It's supposed to be kind of exemplary of the roots of pop, which so many of today's "pop stars" have been driven away from (that's not necessarily a bad thing, it's just true). There's a kind of nostalgia to TITO in that it's such a basic product of R&B/pop, particularly from the last decade, with a couple of interesting deviants like Me Muero and FYI. If it's marketed right, it won't matter that the production is dated- it's still hella catchy and really witty. Plus, isn't this release going to be of a remixed version? Who knows how different or similar Rizzo's take on the song will be.
(Sorry, no lecture intended, just stating my opinion. ^^)

All of this is really good news. Best case scenario is that the album is re-released (with a new cover!!!) and Hikki tours the big cities, but as SimChaoU pointed out, January is a desert for new music so just releasing a new single may be enough to save the album from obscurity. Personally, I don't care who knows about TITO, I would just love for Utada to come to the states and do something live. And this time, everybody be on your best behavior and don't scare the poor woman! ;]

Ironically, I was just talking to my friend about Utada, and she was like, "Is Utada underground?"
Haha!
And then I told her that Hikki was on Ryan Seacrest and she was all, "He's not so big."
:x
Coming from a girl who listens to Pink and Katy Perry and that's about it. I guess that shows you what some people know.

Fingers crossed that all this comes true!
Posted on: 2009/10/23 21:43
  •  teiku5
      teiku5
Addicted to Hikki
A/S/L USA
I was wishing it be a single! A re-release of TITO would be awesome.
...hopefully she releases a Japanese single before the year ends.
Posted on: 2009/10/24 1:16
  •  ramenbox
      ramenbox
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L 19/F/Malaysia
Shurikid, you're right. A new cover will be great. TitO's cover is just... Idk, it just look as if it lacks a wow factor. I wish they could take away the huge words, like what her Jap albums look like.
Posted on: 2009/10/24 6:32
 Top   Previous Topic   Next Topic
<12345...13>