Utada Net.com Forum Index
   Utada News
  New Single - "Dirty Desire" in January and NEW TOUR (Confirmed)?

Bottom   Previous Topic   Next Topic
<1234567...13>
  •  Topic options
Poster Thread
  •  gantzman246
      gantzman246
Re: New Single - "Dirty Desire" in January and NEW TOUR (Confirmed)?
Hikki Fanatic
A/S/L
TITO is not too old for new promo. Lady Gaga and Jason Mraz's albums were released a year before their singles and album sales took off.
Posted on: 2009/10/25 15:55
  •  sephyleader
      sephyleader
UtadaNet Regular
A/S/L
Does any one else see a pattern here.

In general Music scene right now | Dry | Auto Tune | Dry | Bad Singers | Dry

Lady GaGa | her album was new fresh, different, she has talent | A year later she becomes the biggest thing on earth and millions try to copy her in music.

Jason Mraz | same thing, new album, fresh, different, has talent a year later he takes the world by storm and becomes huge.

Obviously Utada is well one of the biggest artists out there, her album IS different in that it is more classic pop then what is out there, and songs like "This One" or "FYI" are way different and come on "Apple and Cinnamon" <3, anyways so like she has the talent, it's utada hello she has all the talent on earth, she's fresh, and her year is almost up, I think we can tell what will happen next.
Posted on: 2009/10/25 18:40
  •  percypenn
      percypenn
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L tmp
im wondering why they did not release FYI as a single at this time of the year? it would be more up to the season since Christmas time is coming.

peace!
Posted on: 2009/10/25 20:03
  •  Polyrhythm
      Polyrhythm
UN Reporter
A/S/L 17/M/Southern California
Quote:

percypenn wrote:
im wondering why they did not release FYI as a single at this time of the year? it would be more up to the season since Christmas time is coming.

peace!

FYI isn't even about Christmas...it just samples the melody from Merry Christmas Mr. Lawrence, a song by Ryuichi Sakamoto

Signature made by me (DEEP RIVER from AHS Forum)
Graphics Shop
Posted on: 2009/10/25 20:58
  •  ramenbox
      ramenbox
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L 19/F/Malaysia
Yeah, forget the sweater and the fonts should be something more eye catching than the current ones. Meh, the font looks so uberly cheap. If they were to use such uber cheap fonts, might as well don't use at all.

As for Mraz's album, his style hasn't always been very mainstream. It's quite.. well, Idk how to say. I'm a huge fan of Mraz but I wouldn't say that album itself was refreshing. In fact, his older works were better but let's not digress. (lol)

Well, as for Gaga, she was able to set a trend; thus, the fame. Utada is counting more on her musical ability so I reckon it'd be harder for her to do the same.

Dirty Desire will be easier to sell compared to FYI. I'm prefer FYI though. Dirty Desire's lyrics are easier to relate to as compared to FYI.
Posted on: 2009/10/26 1:33
  •  Pips_Paradise
      Pips_Paradise
Insane Hikki Fan
A/S/L 18/F/London
Utada will be touring 10 US Cities, don?t thank me thank Dad, because for Security reasons Dad forwarded to Q the communications between Rizzo and Reuters, thanks Dad ..... Hugs and Kisses

It's on I promise
Posted on: 2009/10/26 7:12
UtadaNet Regular
A/S/L 19 Male VA
Oh yess this is fantastic! :DD
Posted on: 2009/10/26 8:35
  •  percypenn
      percypenn
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L tmp
i know that but the title will be a grabber. people might think that its a christmas song.

for me, the melody of FYI is better that dirty desire but the lyrics of both songs are for mature listeners.
Posted on: 2009/10/26 8:50
  •  FunkyStrawberries
      FunkyStrawberries
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L 25/ F/NY
Quote:

Pips_Paradise wrote:
Utada will be touring 10 US Cities, don?t thank me thank Dad, because for Security reasons Dad forwarded to Q the communications between Rizzo and Reuters, thanks Dad ..... Hugs and Kisses

It's on I promise

I can't let myself get too excited about this.

Though, if/once real proof of this comes about, I will the happiest person eveerrrrrr.
Posted on: 2009/10/26 12:34
  •  Pips_Paradise
      Pips_Paradise
Insane Hikki Fan
A/S/L 18/F/London
Yes that?s fair comment FunkyStrawberries; Rizzo is not an official source, having said that he would be pulling a serious world wide whopper by making this up.

I would love to make one of those dates.

The cost of the flights in particular if purchased in advance makes the whole venture a lot more financially feasible, so I have to make a choice if I am going to be able to source a flexi return at a reasonable cost It needs to be yesterday ??ho humm
Posted on: 2009/10/26 14:32
 Top   Previous Topic   Next Topic
<1234567...13>