•  Downloader
      Downloader
Re: In The Flesh - London, UK! 12-Feb-2010
Addicted to Hikki
A/S/L
Quote:

Keiotic wrote:
I know I'll be seen on the DVD >.>;;

You know, I was thinking that since she did a really good performance, I would like to see a live audio CD of her concert here. It's just the way she sang Poppin, I wanna hear that again.

Definately, she way she moves around during the song <3

The camera man stood right in front of me, it was scary when he turned around to take video of the crowd, pointing the cam directly in front of my face =s

Im just wating for the photos to be uploaded to her site, hopefully the ones the photographer took from my angle will get uploaded.
Posted on: 2010/2/14 12:28
  •  neXus
      neXus
Hikki Fanatic
A/S/L 21/m/uk
Quote:

akiko391 wrote:
Ohh! I remember you! Haha you were playing the DS before the show started, right?

Yeah, between Marlene and hikki, i was playing Kingdom hearts (of course ;) )

I wonder who you are?
Posted on: 2010/2/14 12:33
  •  Steve_C
      Steve_C
UtadaNet Regular
A/S/L 18/M/London
Friday was something special. The more I think about it the more I realise how great it all was. It's kinda sad though as it's all over. Now i'm thinking about putting in UU'06 to tide me over.

Special thanks to Jacob, Zoe and Lucy for being awesome concert buddies, and a shout out to that french couple. It was really great to see ayehunny and kumachang too, so it was a nice time altogether. Pour one out for Pips though. It's such a shame.

DJ Marlene was really working the crowd with the charisma of a spoon. The tunes were alright, though there was some awkward mixing. I did feel a bit bad after Utada explained her background. I suppose she's not used to being front and centre like that. She seemed to completely avoid eye contact with the crowd and was stoic, more focused on chewing her gum, but occasionally she would look up to someone on the second floor and grin.

Hikaru herself was great. Awesome to see the crazy hair in person. I kept getting goosebumps throughout the whole show. Absolutely loved hearing Passion and Hikari. I was a tiny bit dissapointed that she avoided the crazy screaming in YMMWTBAM, going silent at the start of that part, but then she was freestyling for a bit in a lower key. The guitar was different too, so I kinda wish the crazy old guitar person was there. I should stop comparing it to UU'06 since it was an entirely different show.

The band were good though. I couldn't help myself from trying to awkwardly dance in the tiny amount of room I had, and I had the constant urge to clap along. My arms were really aching in parts with them held up for long stretches sometimes. I was really amused by that David Cooke guy to the left of stage. It seems that I kept making eye contact with him and he was grinning a few times as he saw me clapping along. Sometimes he would then follow suit, and start getting the audience clapping in time with me. I wish more people were singing along, but the crowd wasn't short on energy. I found it amusing how everyone started chanting for an encore less than ten seconds after the band had cleared the stage. We all knew how it was gonna go.

I was to the mid-right of the stage between hikki and the other keyboardist, about 3-4 metres from the front barrier, along with loli-drop, Kuromaguro and co. I had a purple and white checked shirt on. I hope my crazy arms weren't too disruptive to anyone's view. No balls were thrown near me unfortunately, but some asian girl behind me got one of the picks the guitarist threw out. It seemed like someone fumbled it and so after a bit of searching she came across it. Bad times immediately after everyone left the stage when I realised my decision to use the coat check would come back to haunt me. The queue for that thing was ridiculous.

Had a pretty amusing time waiting for hikki after the show, especially with 'Kuromaguro, pro at stalking' on hand. We were so close! A great night was had.
Posted on: 2010/2/14 13:01
  •  rossbarney2003
      rossbarney2003
Addicted to Hikki
A/S/L 20 / Male / Aberdeen, Scotland
OMG it was the best night of my life. I was pretty near the front, and not long after the show started I actually had to fight back the tears of happiness (and that is not something I have ever had to do).

I especially love how cute Utada was when she was singing "Girls, you know we have it better than the boys".

The only thing that annoyed me was this girl/boy (I have no idea what sex they were lol) that had long blonde/brown hair in a ponytail, wearing a kinda aqua blue jumper that seemed really wierd. They were muttering to themself and kept trying to push people out the way to get closer. I wasn't gonna let them, so I blocked his/her way. They also kept screaming "Travelling" between every song basically haha!
Posted on: 2010/2/14 13:55
UtadaNet Regular
A/S/L 27/F/Manchester
There were two girls near me tryin to push infront too...

I was getting kinda annoyed cause they were shoving me with their elbows and i'm not short, but I'm 5'3 and was behind 2 tall guys as it was... but I thought no i won't be rude and push through. They were here first so fairs fair.

Was funny when one guy gave this girl an evil glare and just didn't move an inch lol go go go !
Posted on: 2010/2/14 14:03
  •  Steve_C
      Steve_C
UtadaNet Regular
A/S/L 18/M/London
Quote:

Venussama wrote:
There were two girls near me tryin to push infront too...

I was getting kinda annoyed cause they were shoving me with their elbows and i'm not short, but I'm 5'3 and was behind 2 tall guys as it was... but I thought no i won't be rude and push through. They were here first so fairs fair.

Was funny when one guy gave this girl an evil glare and just didn't move an inch lol go go go !

Where were you standing? I'm wondering if that guy was me lol. After when I was jumping during whatever song it was I suddenly realised this tiny little japanese girl (at least in appearance) suddenly to my right her her friends just behind. It seemed like she was trying to edge me to the left and then squeeeze through the two in front. She was quite annoying as I couldn't really put my hands down, but I just tried to stay where I was. Quite frequently i'd just turn to my right and look down at her, all frustrated thinking 'what the hell are you doing?!'.

Eventually Lucy who was in front let them through right at the end since she felt sorry for their tiny height.
Posted on: 2010/2/14 14:35
UtadaNet Regular
A/S/L 27/F/Manchester
Hmmm I'm not sure. I was behind two guys, one with long hair and some of it tied in a band, and three french guys to the right of me. These girls pushed infront the french guys then tried to get infront of the two guys in front of me and eventually did.

Idk just really annoys me :/ like people queued for ages to get to the front so they deserve to be there... don't get there late then decide to push everyone out of the way lol
Posted on: 2010/2/14 14:58
  •  nawz
      nawz
UtadaNet Newbie
A/S/L Male/19/London
Hahaha i'm pretty short too but luckily my tall mate let me infront :D I could see Hikki pretty well.

And now...every time I listen to any of her music I have withdrawal symptoms of the concert.
Posted on: 2010/2/14 15:19
  •  Kursed
      Kursed
UtadaNet Newbie
A/S/L 18/F/UK
Quote:

rossbarney2003 wrote:

The only thing that annoyed me was this girl/boy (I have no idea what sex they were lol) that had long blonde/brown hair in a ponytail, wearing a kinda aqua blue jumper that seemed really wierd. They were muttering to themself and kept trying to push people out the way to get closer. I wasn't gonna let them, so I blocked his/her way. They also kept screaming "Travelling" between every song basically haha!

I think I know who you mean! =| He kinda stood out to me - think it was the bright blue top and he was in Burger King after the show.

Was he on the far right (say you facing Utada, so he would be on Utada's left)
Posted on: 2010/2/14 16:57
  •  kuromaguro
      kuromaguro
Addicted to Hikki
A/S/L 19/M/London
Talking about having a meet up with Utadanet members, you have my full support!!! Like what steve said, we did have a few utadanet members meeting up each other before the show, to name a few, loli-drop, ayehunny, kumachang, steve and myself. Really made the already awesome night an even better one. It's so cool when you bring up something about hikki, and everyone just somehow already knows about it Have to thank them for making the wait in the queue a much more pleasant experience :) *in fact, I learned a few card games*

@nawz, I know how you feel exactly... really feeling the withdrawal symptoms now... It really hits me now that the tour is finally over and it would be quite some time till the next time I'll see her again... and whenever I listen to the songs, I tend to picture her singing it live like it is on the night itself... she's pure win. The songs i like best are easily Kremlin Dusk, YMMWTBAM, Dirty Desire and Stay Gold. Epic.

LOL steve, I don't want to be called a stalker k? Just being smart, hahaha. Anyway, we were really close to getting her autograph. While everyone is waiting outside where the car exits the car park, I knew its not gonna work. So we just went down to the basement and believe it or not, her car is really there. Waited for 20 mins or so but in the end was found out by the security and he sent us off, then soon the car just went out right after we left the basement, hahaha...
Posted on: 2010/2/14 17:25
 Top   Previous Topic   Next Topic
<1...44454647484950...53>