sachone
Re: In The Flesh - London, UK! 12-Feb-2010
UtadaNet Regular
A/S/L
Quote:

a_kikoo wrote:
Quote:

sachone wrote:
what a great night. Utada sang amazingly!

did manage to sneek my camera in as well...but then got caught by security :P

pissed off though. no merchandise! i really wanted a t-shirt.

wow how did you get a picture so close?

iceangel - glowsticks are awesome. but i can't believe people actually do that! intoxicated maybe?

12x ZOOM lens on my camera. I was enjoying the show from the balcony. No tall people infront of me so had an uninterrupted view.
Still pissed off that there was nothing on sale after the show.

Also that DJ looked like a dude from the balcony. Was utter waste. Utada must have been wasted when she picked her as a warm up.
Posted on: 2010/2/15 0:32
  •  Kursed
      Kursed
UtadaNet Newbie
A/S/L 18/F/UK
How did you get a place on the balcony?
Posted on: 2010/2/15 6:02
UtadaNet Newbie
A/S/L London
As you come into the hall there are some stairs on the right, just before the bar. I think those take you up to the balcony.
Posted on: 2010/2/15 6:10
UtadaNet Regular
A/S/L 27/F/Manchester
Seriously? :o wish i'd known that T_T Instead of being 25+ rows back </3
Posted on: 2010/2/15 6:16
  •  rossbarney2003
      rossbarney2003
Addicted to Hikki
A/S/L 20 / Male / Aberdeen, Scotland
Quote:

Kursed wrote:
Quote:

rossbarney2003 wrote:

The only thing that annoyed me was this girl/boy (I have no idea what sex they were lol) that had long blonde/brown hair in a ponytail, wearing a kinda aqua blue jumper that seemed really wierd. They were muttering to themself and kept trying to push people out the way to get closer. I wasn't gonna let them, so I blocked his/her way. They also kept screaming "Travelling" between every song basically haha!

I think I know who you mean! =| He kinda stood out to me - think it was the bright blue top and he was in Burger King after the show.

Was he on the far right (say you facing Utada, so he would be on Utada's left)

Yeh, that's right! He (I honestly thought it was a girl with a manly nose and adams apple!) was pushing to get more towards the middle to begin with. They pushed past a few Japanese people, but when they got to me I just turned and blocked them with my back/shoulder.

I'm not sure if you would have noticed me. I was behind a couple of Japanese boys playing these little handheld games. I am average height (5' 10") with short dark hair. I was wearing a black jacket. (My jacket was covered in orange fluff by the end of the show. Some girls scarf or something did it lol.) I was also standing next to a Spanish? couple. Although they pushed further forward for the encore.
Posted on: 2010/2/15 10:25
  •  nawz
      nawz
UtadaNet Newbie
A/S/L Male/19/London
Quote:

kuromaguro wrote:
Talking about having a meet up with Utadanet members, you have my full support!!! Like what steve said, we did have a few utadanet members meeting up each other before the show, to name a few, loli-drop, ayehunny, kumachang, steve and myself. Really made the already awesome night an even better one. It's so cool when you bring up something about hikki, and everyone just somehow already knows about it Have to thank them for making the wait in the queue a much more pleasant experience :) *in fact, I learned a few card games*

@nawz, I know how you feel exactly... really feeling the withdrawal symptoms now... It really hits me now that the tour is finally over and it would be quite some time till the next time I'll see her again... and whenever I listen to the songs, I tend to picture her singing it live like it is on the night itself... she's pure win. The songs i like best are easily Kremlin Dusk, YMMWTBAM, Dirty Desire and Stay Gold. Epic.

LOL steve, I don't want to be called a stalker k? Just being smart, hahaha. Anyway, we were really close to getting her autograph. While everyone is waiting outside where the car exits the car park, I knew its not gonna work. So we just went down to the basement and believe it or not, her car is really there. Waited for 20 mins or so but in the end was found out by the security and he sent us off, then soon the car just went out right after we left the basement, hahaha...

Yeah It is pretty damn messed up...Like some songs especially "on and on" I can somehow imagine her singing live whilst I am hearing it >_<!!! And it leaves my happy but sad and hollow inside :'(
Posted on: 2010/2/15 11:05
  •  tempest_phoenix
      tempest_phoenix
Addicted to Hikki
A/S/L 22/M/NorthernIreland
rossbarney2003, i must have been standing beside you 'cause that really annoying guy with the hair was standing in front of me and the guy in the Spanish couple helped me out of my coat at one point. I have to agree, i was furious when those two dweebs pushed through the crowd, blocking my view with their stupid arms! RAGE!!! Good for you though, blocking their path like that. By the encore i'd managed to get between them and in front of them, so HAH!! I won!
Posted on: 2010/2/15 11:21
  •  neXus
      neXus
Hikki Fanatic
A/S/L 21/m/uk
Ok, meet up plans are moved to here:

http://www.utadanet.com/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=4458&forum=3

We now return you to your regularly schedualed topic

I wonder who you are?
Posted on: 2010/2/15 13:08
  •  IceAngel
      IceAngel
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L 23/Female/UK
Speaking of annoying things. You know the spanish people Hikki spoke to during the show? They kept holding up the flag. I'm only 5"4ft and that was the only thing that bothered me. Also, if anyone saw me at all and found me annoying. I do apologise. I was the blond haired girl with grey long sleeves and a dark grey woolly vest thing. And if you saw me in the queue, I had a red checked coat on.
No offence to DJ Marlene or anything, but she was a little dull. My bf and a random couple we met were gossiping about her >.<.
I was really too nervous to ask others about themselves.
Posted on: 2010/2/15 13:10
  •  ayehunny
      ayehunny
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L 20 / Female / Sweden
I've barely listened to any music at all since I got out from the concert. Feels like nothing will ever beat those songs being performed live. Really. I've also listened to the Vegas songs after seing her live myself (didn't want to listen to it before), but seriously. No offense if it's the quality or something but those recordings make her sound horrible, compared to what I recall from the concert. Imo she hit the notes better on London concert...

As people already said, the concert was amazing and it was great fun to meet up with fellow UtadaNetters. I'm feeling bad about Pips not being able to go... Would have been so great (sorry to rub it in).

I might have been standing in front of girlknees, if you were the one to shout "come to norway!". I had a pink beanie. Had a gay couple to my right and some probably spanish super tall guys in front of me. Sorry about not contacting you btw, I saw your PM when it was already too late (after the concert..). :(

Had great fun in London in general, with a lot of sightseeing (really not my thing but this time I really let go and just walked, walked and walked) with kumachang and his japanese friend, Yuki. Great fun, and got to speak some japanese as well. :)
Posted on: 2010/2/15 14:12
 Top   Previous Topic   Next Topic
<1...45464748495051...53>