Bottom   Previous Topic   Next Topic
<12345678...53>
  •  Topic options
Poster Thread
  •  Unregistered
      Unregistered
Re: In The Flesh - London, UK! 12-Feb-2010
guest_Unregistered
Hi, this is my second post after registering xDDD. I just arrived spain after spending some days at London and I had to refister and say that it was the BEST night of my life!!!!
Me and my friend, we waited since 11 am or something ("Hello!" to all the people we met while we were waiting xDDD) and we were on the right side of the first row, with another 3 spanish fans we met (I was also next to a French guy :D). I was happy to see so many spanish fans at the concert, although were I was we only had a little paper with "from spain" written on it xDDD. But at least, she read it in the end :D (we weren't the ones with the flag xDDD but the spanish boy that I met was the one who asked for Kuma-chan xDDD)

What can I say?? I spent most of the time crying and singing xDDDDDD. But it was awesome... I loved (and almost got dehydrated) when she asked since how many years we know her and she said "we finally met!". Yeah, I couldn't believe I could see her after 9 years! T___T

Seriously, I'm praying for a DVD to be released. I need it!!! hahahaha

PS: the guitarist was SO HOT!!!! I'm in love xDDDDDD
Posted on: 2010/2/16 15:13
  •  a_kikoo
      a_kikoo
UN Reporter
A/S/L 26/F
Seeing her and hearing her live is so much better. She was also great at the Hawaii show.

The recordings are awesome but its totally different from the actual show.
Posted on: 2010/2/15 23:05
  •  GIGAcorrupt
      GIGAcorrupt
Insane Hikki Fan
A/S/L Potato. Genderless. Underground
Quote:

ayehunny wrote:
I've also listened to the Vegas songs after seing her live myself (didn't want to listen to it before), but seriously. No offense if it's the quality or something but those recordings make her sound horrible, compared to what I recall from the concert. Imo she hit the notes better on London concert...

I went to the Vegas concert and the she really did great!! she hit all of her notes!!

The audio recording sounds like that because from what I remember the guy had to re-adjust some of the notes because it was not recorded properly :P or something like that XD

It's a nice recording of my dream come true, but I assure you...Hikaru was GREAT!!!
Posted on: 2010/2/15 21:47
  •  ff7heart
      ff7heart
UtadaNet Newbie
A/S/L 17/M/UK
Heyyy everyone, I know I haven't really posted on here much before, but just needed to convey how incredible the show was :) Went with my boyfriend, I was the taller one, we were kinda in the middle, near the Spanish guys! ^^

Oh goshhh. I still can't believe I've actually seen Hikki live. Like, I just say to my friends, 'My life is now complete.' xD As ayehunny said, all music I listen to now, by anyone, just pales in compariosn to the performances that night.

But wow. I keep on quoting her on the little things she said! She was so cute! Bit bummed that she didn't sing Boku wa Kuma though, haha, would have been amazing if she did (': Can so imagine the crowd singing along! I literally had tears in my eyes for the majority of the show though. Never wanted it to end. Hearing Simple and Clean live, made my life. Favourite song, by my favourite artist~ I regard it as one of the best days I've ever had.

:) That's my two pennis worth, haha! x
Posted on: 2010/2/15 17:13
  •  pompon
      pompon
Addicted to Hikki
A/S/L F/23/Warsaw,Poland
Wow, I just got form London (late, I know but I stayed there for Valentines) and I cannot express how great this concert was!!!! (forgive my spelling and grammar)
As for the DVD there were papers saying that "Utada live at O2 Academy Islington" (working title) will be filmed on 12th so if you're going to the concert it means you agree to film you for U3, Island Def Jam etc.. I only saw that after the show ended but still
Now for the waiting. The line was super huge and it turned out that I was sooo lucky to pick up the tickets on the day of the concert. The ticket line was quite small and they let us in just after we get our tickets so me and my boyfriend (probably only person in the who didn't even know how Utada looked like) got great spot near the center. I could see Utada so clearly an it was amazing*_*
I liked DJ Marlene, she/he was so weird and seemngly uninterested in public but the music was funny XD Not something you hear everyday, a good mix of different styles and cultures (some french some indian a japanese song form Kill Bill). I agree the flow of the songs wasn't so good but I still danced for the first forty minutes or so:P
When DJ ended people went crazy because we thought Utada is on her way but it still took quite a while for the concert to start. In the meantime a microphone which was put up on the stage got ovations xD Guy who checked if the guitar was working got himself an ovations, too xD
And then the band came to the stage and shortly after them there was Utada and On and On was a BLAST!!! I must say I was dancing, singing and screaming until my stamina let me (and that means until we started screaming for encore). FYI (-London, London! -WHAT! WHAT! XD), Poppin', Passion/Sanctuary (I loved how she forgot she should sing that song xD xD xD) I don't know how people behind us were but up in front people went crazy every song XD And I loved the spanish group, they were so lively:P
As for Exodus stuff it was amazing but I felt that Utada put too much in this section because of how great it was recived by the crowd (it was insane atmosphere during the whole Devil Inside, ending of Kremlin Dusk and You MAke Me(...)). She actually seemed to restrained herself from singing the high notes by the end of YMMWTBAM in order to not loose energy for the rest of the show but even the way she was banging in the drums just before the song ended overpowering
I loved The Bitter End cover, I loved how they ended Dirty Desire. I jumped so hard I think I might have broken somebody's toes with my shoes xD
As for calling out the band for the encore... I was at my limits at that time and so was most of the people. The chanting died like fore or five times, I hope that won't make it to the screen. And just when we were all pumped up thinging Hikki was coming out it was just a stupid cameraman filming I remember that when they appeared again I saw one of them had water and it took all my attention for a while XD XD XD

I also stand after the show waiting for an autograph but the hope died with the speed of Utada's car ;_; Well, nothing can change the fact it ws the best concert ever :P

Oh, and talking parts were just hilarious. Here face when she was supposed to say something but started reading that some girl waited for three days for the concert - priceless. So was the comment. And whe she said she liked cloudy weather. The sky is white and people seem to be cut in the paper and "I'm loosing you guys, you make me feel to comfortable" xD I was seriously trying to picture that scenery she was talking about :P
Posted on: 2010/2/15 15:41
  •  rossbarney2003
      rossbarney2003
Addicted to Hikki
A/S/L 20 / Male / Aberdeen, Scotland
Quote:

ayehunny wrote:
I've also listened to the Vegas songs after seing her live myself (didn't want to listen to it before), but seriously. No offense if it's the quality or something but those recordings make her sound horrible, compared to what I recall from the concert. Imo she hit the notes better on London concert...

I was just looking up youtube vids of her other shows, and I also find that they make her sound worse than what I remember hearing at the London show. Maybe she really did put her all into the last show.

I keep remembering random things from the concert and laughing to myself, like when she sat down to play the keyboard and the mic stand kept getting lower and she said "The mic stand must be tired too from all the travelling."
Posted on: 2010/2/15 14:54
  •  ayehunny
      ayehunny
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L 20 / Female / Sweden
I've barely listened to any music at all since I got out from the concert. Feels like nothing will ever beat those songs being performed live. Really. I've also listened to the Vegas songs after seing her live myself (didn't want to listen to it before), but seriously. No offense if it's the quality or something but those recordings make her sound horrible, compared to what I recall from the concert. Imo she hit the notes better on London concert...

As people already said, the concert was amazing and it was great fun to meet up with fellow UtadaNetters. I'm feeling bad about Pips not being able to go... Would have been so great (sorry to rub it in).

I might have been standing in front of girlknees, if you were the one to shout "come to norway!". I had a pink beanie. Had a gay couple to my right and some probably spanish super tall guys in front of me. Sorry about not contacting you btw, I saw your PM when it was already too late (after the concert..). :(

Had great fun in London in general, with a lot of sightseeing (really not my thing but this time I really let go and just walked, walked and walked) with kumachang and his japanese friend, Yuki. Great fun, and got to speak some japanese as well. :)
Posted on: 2010/2/15 14:12
  •  IceAngel
      IceAngel
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L 23/Female/UK
Speaking of annoying things. You know the spanish people Hikki spoke to during the show? They kept holding up the flag. I'm only 5"4ft and that was the only thing that bothered me. Also, if anyone saw me at all and found me annoying. I do apologise. I was the blond haired girl with grey long sleeves and a dark grey woolly vest thing. And if you saw me in the queue, I had a red checked coat on.
No offence to DJ Marlene or anything, but she was a little dull. My bf and a random couple we met were gossiping about her >.<.
I was really too nervous to ask others about themselves.
Posted on: 2010/2/15 13:10
  •  neXus
      neXus
Hikki Fanatic
A/S/L 21/m/uk
Ok, meet up plans are moved to here:

http://www.utadanet.com/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=4458&forum=3

We now return you to your regularly schedualed topic

I wonder who you are?
Posted on: 2010/2/15 13:08
  •  tempest_phoenix
      tempest_phoenix
Addicted to Hikki
A/S/L 22/M/NorthernIreland
rossbarney2003, i must have been standing beside you 'cause that really annoying guy with the hair was standing in front of me and the guy in the Spanish couple helped me out of my coat at one point. I have to agree, i was furious when those two dweebs pushed through the crowd, blocking my view with their stupid arms! RAGE!!! Good for you though, blocking their path like that. By the encore i'd managed to get between them and in front of them, so HAH!! I won!
Posted on: 2010/2/15 11:21
 Top   Previous Topic   Next Topic
<12345678...53>