FunkyStrawberries
Re:
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L 25/ F/NY
Quote:

LoBFCanti wrote:
Quote:

FunkyStrawberries wrote:
Woo, I had so much fun! It was amazing :)
Standing out in the cold for so long as totally worth it xD

I'd wish she sung Hikari instead of Simple and Clean, but it's alright.
I think my favorites to listening to were Kremlin Dusk and YMMWTBM (also top favs in UU06...) but the TITO songs were great live too! And of course her japanese songs, but I think that goes without saying :)
I stunk in my camera, but actually ended up.. not taking any pictures. I figured I didn't want to be looking at my camera the whole time.
I actually chose not to sing during the show, I paid to hear Utada sing, not myself... of the crowd. Though I understand how that crowd participation is sometimes necessary xD

I freaking sang On and On,Apple & Cinnamon AND Poppin';I dread those songs!!!!That's how good those were live.I sang every song but Crying like a child.I sang come back to me guys :/ I REALLY didn't like that song.I surprised I remembered all the words!

lol, do you just not like tito much at all?
Posted on: 2010/2/9 20:17
  •  LoBFCanti
      LoBFCanti
Re:
Insane Hikki Fan
A/S/L 20/M/Brooklyn,NY
Quote:

FunkyStrawberries wrote:
Quote:

LoBFCanti wrote:
Quote:

FunkyStrawberries wrote:

I think my favorites to listening to were Kremlin Dusk and YMMWTBM (also top favs in UU06...) but the TITO songs were great live too! And of course her japanese songs, but I think that goes without saying :)
I stunk in my camera, but actually ended up.. not taking any pictures. I figured I didn't want to be looking at my camera the whole time.
I actually chose not to sing during the show, I paid to hear Utada sing, not myself... of the crowd. Though I understand how that crowd participation is sometimes necessary xD

I freaking sang On and On,Apple & Cinnamon AND Poppin';I dread those songs!!!!That's how good those were live.I sang every song but Crying like a child.I sang come back to me guys :/ I REALLY didn't like that song.I surprised I remembered all the words!

I guess you weren't here for the TiTO wars last year around this time here at the boards.We went at each others throats for about 3 weeks about why TiTO was bad/good.Those were dark times.....I still don't think I can intentional listen to the album as a whole like I can all the others,but hearing it live made me accept them as her work.
Posted on: 2010/2/9 20:29
  •  FunkyStrawberries
      FunkyStrawberries
Re:
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L 25/ F/NY
Quote:

LoBFCanti wrote:
Quote:

FunkyStrawberries wrote:
Quote:

LoBFCanti wrote:
Quote:

FunkyStrawberries wrote:

I guess you weren't here for the TiTO wars last year around this time here at the boards.We went at each others throats for about 3 weeks about why TiTO was bad/good.Those were dark times.....I still don't think I can intentional listen to the album as a whole like I can all the others,but hearing it live made me accept them as her work.

Ah, no, I tend to kind of hover around those types of topics, I'm not one to really debate and argue. :)
Posted on: 2010/2/9 20:31
Re:
Hikki Fanatic
A/S/L 20/F/USA
TadakoXIII, were you the one that was waving the sketchbook around in the concert? i only ask cause i wanted to see what was drawn on it
Posted on: 2010/2/9 20:34
  •  Hikaruxhide
      Hikaruxhide
Re: autograph
Addicted to Hikki
A/S/L 25/F/NYC
Quote:

adatu wrote:
Here is the picture of the autograph I got after the concert.

ur lucky to have gotten this signed~ congrats~
Posted on: 2010/2/9 20:55
Experience.
UtadaNet Newbie
A/S/L 21/m/NYC
Hey, Im not a regular member of utada net, But I checked it out after last nights shows due to a friends request. And its awesome.
Im the guy which was told stop talking by her, and I figured I need to clear up the commotion. I was told, ? will you stop talking? due to my screaming and yelling throughout the show. I want to defend myself to a lot of your uninformed, and honestly quite careless opinions.
First off
Quote:

tokyosista wrote:
that and the loud fanboys. I'm glad she told that guy to be quiet. When she's trying to say something, don't interrupt her, that was really rude. Have some common courtesy and just calm down.

Well im sorry that I had waited up to 8 years following her every move, even before kingdom hearts, to see her live. I cried a bit and was over come with the chance to talk to her. My friends waited from 2am, that?s the kind of devotion, I don?t think you can under stand, tokyosista. Seeing her being so close after soo many years it was a feeling I couldn?t handle, and I scremed cause I wanted her to know how long me and my friends have loved her. And I got a bit overzeaouls, yes and was told to stop talking, But afterwards I got a smile, and a wink. And the band handed me their guitar picks and drum sticks. So im sure they understood as im sure utada did as well. I dont care if you label me ?rude? and what not, because Those with the same history of following her beyond video games soundtracks, and those who went to the show for the chance to speak to her and enjoy something live they have waited for, for so long. They understand.
It wasn?t about MERCH, Or PICS for me, It was all about UTADA. And I can say, she spoke to me. And that I wasn?t just another face in the crowd. Like you Tokyosista was. This goes out to all of you that feel the need to say something mean spirited about me, I loved utada. And her and her band KNEW that.

Speical thanks to

Quote:

Mahalania wrote:

She did tell some guy to stop talking and the crowd cheery very loudly because he was being rude as she was trying to talk to us but I can somewhat understand him, if I was so close to her i may never shutup.

And
Quote:

Alex0821 wrote:
Funny moments - a couple: this one guy in the front kept complimenting her and the band, like incessantly, and finally Utada just goes "Stop talking!" And everyone applauded. He wasn't being rude, he was just really excited to see her (having waited in line for like 15 hours)

For understanding how intense that moment was for me, and how much I loved being ten feet away from her. To the point where I was rude.
Posted on: 2010/2/9 22:36
  •  JerBer_nyc
      JerBer_nyc
Re:
UtadaNet Newbie
A/S/L M/27/NYC
Quote:

The one I got (read as fought for) is the lower left corner one with Kuma of Liberty. I was so ecstatic :D

Posted on: 2010/2/9 23:06
Re:
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L 20 /F /rep'n dirtee jerzee
Quote:

Ryu-Sakura wrote:
TadakoXIII, were you the one that was waving the sketchbook around in the concert? i only ask cause i wanted to see what was drawn on it

YUSSS i was waving the sketchbook around. X'D I tried to restrain from really waving it around all out cause ... well, that'd be mad obnoxious for those behind me. :D

Go to page 33 and 34 of this forum and you'll see Alex0821 who posted a picture of me drawing what a drew on the sketchbook. X'D

but i'll re-post it here for you now. :D

I'll post my close up/finished version of it later. O:
Posted on: 2010/2/9 23:14
  •  MUGETSU
      MUGETSU
Re:
UtadaNet Newbie
A/S/L
I loved how I was standing next to a mom and daughter from Toronto and this guy and girl from Australia. SO GLOBAL.

haha

I was in the camo jacket all bundled up and the dude dancing on the left balcony. My friend gave me a tip to go up there to get a better view (I'm not that tall). Was behind a couple of SVA girls (sorry for hitting you ladies with my flailing arms) and the guy who won the Sephora ticket draw was next to me (again - we were also next to each other in the front at Sephora).

So great! Can't stop raving. Nice baseball! Wish I was able to get one - at least I have the autographed pic from sephora. You better buy one of those baseball holders to keep it in!
Posted on: 2010/2/9 23:16
  •  LoBFCanti
      LoBFCanti
Re: Experience.
Insane Hikki Fan
A/S/L 20/M/Brooklyn,NY
Quote:

JUNKSTORYX wrote:
Hey, Im not a regular member of utada net, But I checked it out after last nights shows due to a friends request. And its awesome.
Im the guy which was told stop talking by her, and I figured I need to clear up the commotion. I was told, ? will you stop talking? due to my screaming and yelling throughout the show. I want to defend myself to a lot of your uninformed, and honestly quite careless opinions.
First off
Quote:

tokyosista wrote:
that and the loud fanboys. I'm glad she told that guy to be quiet. When she's trying to say something, don't interrupt her, that was really rude. Have some common courtesy and just calm down.

Well im sorry that I had waited up to 8 years following her every move, even before kingdom hearts, to see her live. I cried a bit and was over come with the chance to talk to her. My friends waited from 2am, that?s the kind of devotion, I don?t think you can under stand, tokyosista. Seeing her being so close after soo many years it was a feeling I couldn?t handle, and I scremed cause I wanted her to know how long me and my friends have loved her. And I got a bit overzeaouls, yes and was told to stop talking, But afterwards I got a smile, and a wink. And the band handed me their guitar picks and drum sticks. So im sure they understood as im sure utada did as well. I dont care if you label me ?rude? and what not, because Those with the same history of following her beyond video games soundtracks, and those who went to the show for the chance to speak to her and enjoy something live they have waited for, for so long. They understand.
It wasn?t about MERCH, Or PICS for me, It was all about UTADA. And I can say, she spoke to me. And that I wasn?t just another face in the crowd. Like you Tokyosista was. This goes out to all of you that feel the need to say something mean spirited about me, I loved utada. And her and her band KNEW that.

Speical thanks to

Quote:

Mahalania wrote:

She did tell some guy to stop talking and the crowd cheery very loudly because he was being rude as she was trying to talk to us but I can somewhat understand him, if I was so close to her i may never shutup.

And
Quote:

Alex0821 wrote:
Funny moments - a couple: this one guy in the front kept complimenting her and the band, like incessantly, and finally Utada just goes "Stop talking!" And everyone applauded. He wasn't being rude, he was just really excited to see her (having waited in line for like 15 hours)

For understanding how intense that moment was for me, and how much I loved being ten feet away from her. To the point where I was rude.

Dude you didn't even need to do this.
Posted on: 2010/2/9 23:32
 Top   Previous Topic   Next Topic
<1...33343536373839...48>