•  Topic options
Poster Thread
  •  Unregistered
      Unregistered
Re: Experience.
guest_Unregistered
Quote:

utada_fan3 wrote:
one thing to point out that no one has yet to say yet.. someone in the crowd screamed out "i like your boobs".. and it was definitely loud enough for her to hear it..

I was standing really close to that person, and it wasn't "boobs" it was "boots"! I heard it loud and clear, and I know it was boots because he had just been talking to one of his friends about them, and his friend was like "I wonder what designer they are." Don't worry, no lewd comments were made!

And I still don't think the guy who was told to stop talking was rude, but I think people way in the back who couldn't really hear what he was saying may have thought he was heckling her (which he wasn't, he was saying things like "your band is so great" and stuff like that XD). I'm actually kinda jealous he got acknowledged by Utada! She even mentioned him (and the rest of us!) on her blog!

Quote:
The audience at my NY show was so unbelievably charged up, which made me really surprised . . . I have this feeling I'm writing impressions like this again and again but you know, it was really awesome . . . such a greatness of my hometown!

I found this person in the front row, who was standing in line from the midnight of the day before!! It's almost like the release date of popular video games . . . I wonder if I happen to have lots of avid fans in NY or NY people are all crazy like that (lol)

The closest I got to being acknowledged was when she was crouching in front of me during "Can You Keep A Secret?" and looked RIGHT at me when she sang "moving shadow" - she obviously didn't SEE me since the audience was dark, but we kinda made pseudo-eye contact! XD

Oh, another funny moment for anyone who wasn't there - she asked if anyone spoke Japanese and everyone was cheering, then she looked at some white guy in the front and was like "you definitely aren't Japanese!" (I'm white but I know some Japanese so I understood her lol)

It's been a day and a half since the concert and I still can't believe I saw her!!!
Posted on: 2010/2/10 9:20
  •  Hikaruxhide
      Hikaruxhide
Addicted to Hikki
A/S/L 25/F/NYC
Quote:

TadakoXIII wrote:
oh, btw, here's the Utada drawing I did.

It's kind of sloppy.

And, uh, sorry for my watermark-whoring. X'D After some incidents that happened to my friend(s), I've become a little paranoid of art theft... 8'D /failfailfail

nice drawing!!!!^_^
Posted on: 2010/2/10 9:15
UtadaNet Newbie
A/S/L 19, M, USA
I wanted one of those Hikki balls so bad. I'm so mad I couldn't get one. I'm happy so many UNet people went and had a good time. I'm just sad I couldn't befriend any of y'all. -_- Oh, BTW to the people who drew stuff those are some nice drawings. ^_^

Utada is da truth!
Posted on: 2010/2/10 8:44
  •  adatu
      adatu
UtadaNet Newbie
A/S/L Male / Philly
Very nice drawing TadakoXIII! BTW what is the message you wrote to Utada at the bottom?

Quote:

TadakoXIII wrote:
oh, btw, here's the Utada drawing I did.

It's kind of sloppy.

And, uh, sorry for my watermark-whoring. X'D After some incidents that happened to my friend(s), I've become a little paranoid of art theft... 8'D /failfailfail
Posted on: 2010/2/10 6:18
  •  adatu
      adatu
Re:
UtadaNet Newbie
A/S/L Male / Philly
Congrats on you getting such a rarity, I am very jealous. I am not very tall so when she tossed these baseballs out the people in front of me had their hand up covered me up, I didn't have any chance at all.

Quote:

JerBer_nyc wrote:

The one I got (read as fought for) is the lower left corner one with Kuma of Liberty. I was so ecstatic :D

Posted on: 2010/2/10 6:12
  •  tokyosista
      tokyosista
UtadaNet Regular
A/S/L 21/F/NJ
Quote:

LoBFCanti wrote:
Quote:

JUNKSTORYX wrote:
Hey, Im not a regular member of utada net, But I checked it out after last nights shows due to a friends request. And its awesome.
Im the guy which was told stop talking by her, and I figured I need to clear up the commotion. I was told, ? will you stop talking? due to my screaming and yelling throughout the show. I want to defend myself to a lot of your uninformed, and honestly quite careless opinions.
First off
Quote:

tokyosista wrote:
that and the loud fanboys. I'm glad she told that guy to be quiet. When she's trying to say something, don't interrupt her, that was really rude. Have some common courtesy and just calm down.

Well im sorry that I had waited up to 8 years following her every move, even before kingdom hearts, to see her live. I cried a bit and was over come with the chance to talk to her. My friends waited from 2am, that?s the kind of devotion, I don?t think you can under stand, tokyosista. Seeing her being so close after soo many years it was a feeling I couldn?t handle, and I scremed cause I wanted her to know how long me and my friends have loved her. And I got a bit overzeaouls, yes and was told to stop talking, But afterwards I got a smile, and a wink. And the band handed me their guitar picks and drum sticks. So im sure they understood as im sure utada did as well. I dont care if you label me ?rude? and what not, because Those with the same history of following her beyond video games soundtracks, and those who went to the show for the chance to speak to her and enjoy something live they have waited for, for so long. They understand.
It wasn?t about MERCH, Or PICS for me, It was all about UTADA. And I can say, she spoke to me. And that I wasn?t just another face in the crowd. Like you Tokyosista was. This goes out to all of you that feel the need to say something mean spirited about me, I loved utada. And her and her band KNEW that.

Speical thanks to

Quote:

Mahalania wrote:

She did tell some guy to stop talking and the crowd cheery very loudly because he was being rude as she was trying to talk to us but I can somewhat understand him, if I was so close to her i may never shutup.

And
Quote:

Alex0821 wrote:
Funny moments - a couple: this one guy in the front kept complimenting her and the band, like incessantly, and finally Utada just goes "Stop talking!" And everyone applauded. He wasn't being rude, he was just really excited to see her (having waited in line for like 15 hours)

For understanding how intense that moment was for me, and how much I loved being ten feet away from her. To the point where I was rude.

Dude you didn't even need to do this.

THANK YOU. My opinion is my opinion a lone. I also waited for many years for an opportunity to see my favorite artist and I've been a fans of hers since I was in 7th grade. So please don't comment back like you know me. I understand your devotion and all, but there's a way you can conduct yourself in a more courteous manner. That's all I was saying.
Posted on: 2010/2/10 5:26
  •  animemiz
      animemiz
Re:
UtadaNet Newbie
A/S/L /F/NYC
Ahh I probably should have slept, but this is my experience post 2 days after Hikki's con. Was on the line since 5:30am, but yeah I guess my link should be better.. since it is much longer than what I mention here...

http://animemiz.wordpress.com/2010/02/10/utada-concert-2010/
Posted on: 2010/2/10 3:57
  •  flipbeats
      flipbeats
Hikki Fanatic
A/S/L male
if anybody has a video of her singing the bitter end by placebo please post it .. that was freaken awesome

Posted on: 2010/2/10 3:09
  •  JudgeJamster
      JudgeJamster
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L 18 / M / Salem, Oregon
Aack, I am so behind on all the newest New York news!

What I will say is that I REALLY hope they were recording the concert, because my friend who missed out on her deserves to see what it was like seeing her live, even on just a DVD!
Posted on: 2010/2/10 1:44
UtadaNet Regular
A/S/L 25/M/NJ-NY
Quote:

utada_fan3 wrote:

one thing to point out that no one has yet to say yet.. someone in the crowd screamed out "i like your boobs".. and it was definitely loud enough for her to hear it..

i THOUGHT thats what I heard that...and it felt like she heard that too, because she chose to ignore. it made me cringe a bit. was it possible that they said "i like your books", cause she did write two right?

Edit:
(if you're going to the London concert, don't read this...its pretty much a spoiler. you'll be much more excited when you realize which song is coming from recognizing the first couple chords)

Set list -

Opening
On and On
Merry Christmas Mr. Lawrence ? FYI
Poppin?
This One (Crying like a Child)
Passion / Sanctuary
Sakura Drops
Stay Gold
Devil Inside
Kremlin Dusk
You Make Me Want to Be a Man