•  Topic options
Poster Thread
  •  utada_fan3
      utada_fan3
Re: Experience.
UtadaNet Newbie
A/S/L
concert was amazing. simply amazing.

one thing to point out that no one has yet to say yet.. someone in the crowd screamed out "i like your boobs".. and it was definitely loud enough for her to hear it..

other than that, does anyone recall the sequence of songs she sang? there was one song in there that I completely did not recognize and it was an English song, might have been a cover.
Posted on: 2010/2/10 1:01
UtadaNet Newbie
A/S/L 21/m/NYC
your picture is amazing, and thanks for understanding :)
Posted on: 2010/2/10 0:34
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L 20 /F /rep'n dirtee jerzee
oh, btw, here's the Utada drawing I did.

It's kind of sloppy.

And, uh, sorry for my watermark-whoring. X'D After some incidents that happened to my friend(s), I've become a little paranoid of art theft... 8'D /failfailfail
Posted on: 2010/2/10 0:33
Hikki Obsessed
OH MAN, SO *YOU'RE* THE CANADIAN!! XD MAJOR props to you, man!! You've got some major fan dedication, I commend you!! I also like Canada and Toronto especially. I feel like everyone's so much nicer there. XD

But yeah! Where were you specifically in front of the line? Were you right by those apartment doors? X'D I was in the group right behind that line divider an hour or two before the doors opened (no idea WHY they did that, it wasn't that necessary) and we definitely noticed people trying to cut -- "Okaasan" (someone's mom who was with us and yes she was Japanese) also ended up going around the metal divider to tell people to get in the back of the line.

I eventually made this sign in my sketchbook:

Sigh, I can't believe people were still JUST arrive at 6:30pm... and totally thought that the end of the line was IN FRONT OF US. That divider WAS misleading though so I'm sure some people didn't even realize. Keyword: SOME. :'B

This one guy that was passing by was like, "Harsh! REAL harsh! :'D" And i was like "AAHAHAAHAHAAI'MSORRY."

Quote:

MissMi wrote:
P.S. Yes, the guy who was told to shut up or stop talking, whichever, was a bit annoying, because I wanted to hear Utada speak. But come on guys, it`s a concert, and it`s alright to get hyped up. It was funny, and it didn`t hurt anyone. She handled it well, and rowdy crowds or persons are part of the concert experience.

...Yeah, I totally thought that part was funny, imho. X'D I mean, I thought it was cute. Tbh, I was kind of JEALOUS that she acknowledged him. I don't have enough balls to speak out that much -- if I did, I'd have screamed about my sketchbook drawing... "I DREW YOUR FACE BECAUSE IT'S SO BEAUTIFUUUUUL!!!" >3>; Harhar, dork status~~
Posted on: 2010/2/10 0:23
UtadaNet Newbie
A/S/L 19 / F/Toronto
First post. I`ve been stalking around without ever creating an account, but I though it`d be nice to connect with other people who had a blast at the concert.

What an amazing night! Completely worth the 12+ hours of travel time and the hours of waiting in the cold. Went with two of my friends, we missed 2 days of lectures to come, not that I completely mind that. Waiting in line was interesting. The demographic was diverse in both a good and bad way. Right when the doors opened and the line was moving some people tried to sneak into the line like they`ve lined up there the whole time. Fortunately, they realized that I was not going to allow them to cut in front when we`ve waited for hours and hours. Violence would have been used. Anyways, I digress... I managed to keep my camera on me, but every time I tried to take a video or picture someone around me tried to do the same and got caught, so no opportunity. Let me just say that I was overjoyed to see her live! Her vocals were amazing! Great setlist, though I wish she sang a few other songs as well. It just ended too soon. I came quite early, and got in before the place filled up, but thought it was better to stay in the back for a clearer view, rather than be cramped up behind a group of taller people. It was so awesome. I swear I was starting to cry a bit a few times. The crowd was so enthusiastic! Everyone was singing and dancing along. It was great. I was expecting more Japanese people to show up though. I just had such a great time. It was odd seeing so many parents there though. I know others wished for a bigger venue, but the intimate setting was great for the concert. I`m not sure I would have been as excited if I was in a giant stadium so far away that I couldn`t actually see her person. Though I would have paid any amount for front row seats if that were the case. I really wish I got some photos or videos, but the experience itself was enough to make me happy. I can`t wait for the album she`s going to work on after this tour to come out, or the DVD for that matter. I know I was there... but again, I would spend the money.

P.S. Yes, the guy who was told to shut up or stop talking, whichever, was a bit annoying, because I wanted to hear Utada speak. But come on guys, it`s a concert, and it`s alright to get hyped up. It was funny, and it didn`t hurt anyone. She handled it well, and rowdy crowds or persons are part of the concert experience.
Posted on: 2010/2/9 23:59
  •  LoBFCanti
      LoBFCanti
Insane Hikki Fan
A/S/L 20/M/Brooklyn,NY
Quote:

JUNKSTORYX wrote:
Hey, Im not a regular member of utada net, But I checked it out after last nights shows due to a friends request. And its awesome.
Im the guy which was told stop talking by her, and I figured I need to clear up the commotion. I was told, ? will you stop talking? due to my screaming and yelling throughout the show. I want to defend myself to a lot of your uninformed, and honestly quite careless opinions.
First off
Quote:

tokyosista wrote:
that and the loud fanboys. I'm glad she told that guy to be quiet. When she's trying to say something, don't interrupt her, that was really rude. Have some common courtesy and just calm down.

Well im sorry that I had waited up to 8 years following her every move, even before kingdom hearts, to see her live. I cried a bit and was over come with the chance to talk to her. My friends waited from 2am, that?s the kind of devotion, I don?t think you can under stand, tokyosista. Seeing her being so close after soo many years it was a feeling I couldn?t handle, and I scremed cause I wanted her to know how long me and my friends have loved her. And I got a bit overzeaouls, yes and was told to stop talking, But afterwards I got a smile, and a wink. And the band handed me their guitar picks and drum sticks. So im sure they understood as im sure utada did as well. I dont care if you label me ?rude? and what not, because Those with the same history of following her beyond video games soundtracks, and those who went to the show for the chance to speak to her and enjoy something live they have waited for, for so long. They understand.
It wasn?t about MERCH, Or PICS for me, It was all about UTADA. And I can say, she spoke to me. And that I wasn?t just another face in the crowd. Like you Tokyosista was. This goes out to all of you that feel the need to say something mean spirited about me, I loved utada. And her and her band KNEW that.

Speical thanks to

Quote:

Mahalania wrote:

She did tell some guy to stop talking and the crowd cheery very loudly because he was being rude as she was trying to talk to us but I can somewhat understand him, if I was so close to her i may never shutup.

And
Quote:

Alex0821 wrote:
Funny moments - a couple: this one guy in the front kept complimenting her and the band, like incessantly, and finally Utada just goes "Stop talking!" And everyone applauded. He wasn't being rude, he was just really excited to see her (having waited in line for like 15 hours)

For understanding how intense that moment was for me, and how much I loved being ten feet away from her. To the point where I was rude.

Dude you didn't even need to do this.
Posted on: 2010/2/9 23:32
  •  MUGETSU
      MUGETSU
Re:
UtadaNet Newbie
A/S/L
I loved how I was standing next to a mom and daughter from Toronto and this guy and girl from Australia. SO GLOBAL.

haha

I was in the camo jacket all bundled up and the dude dancing on the left balcony. My friend gave me a tip to go up there to get a better view (I'm not that tall). Was behind a couple of SVA girls (sorry for hitting you ladies with my flailing arms) and the guy who won the Sephora ticket draw was next to me (again - we were also next to each other in the front at Sephora).

So great! Can't stop raving. Nice baseball! Wish I was able to get one - at least I have the autographed pic from sephora. You better buy one of those baseball holders to keep it in!
Posted on: 2010/2/9 23:16
Re:
Hikki Obsessed
Quote:

Ryu-Sakura wrote:
TadakoXIII, were you the one that was waving the sketchbook around in the concert? i only ask cause i wanted to see what was drawn on it

YUSSS i was waving the sketchbook around. X'D I tried to restrain from really waving it around all out cause ... well, that'd be mad obnoxious for those behind me. :D

Go to page 33 and 34 of this forum and you'll see Alex0821 who posted a picture of me drawing what a drew on the sketchbook. X'D

but i'll re-post it here for you now. :D

I'll post my close up/finished version of it later. O:
Posted on: 2010/2/9 23:14
  •  JerBer_nyc
      JerBer_nyc
Re:
UtadaNet Newbie
A/S/L M/27/NYC
Quote:

The one I got (read as fought for) is the lower left corner one with Kuma of Liberty. I was so ecstatic :D

Posted on: 2010/2/9 23:06
Experience.
UtadaNet Newbie
A/S/L 21/m/NYC
Hey, Im not a regular member of utada net, But I checked it out after last nights shows due to a friends request. And its awesome.
Im the guy which was told stop talking by her, and I figured I need to clear up the commotion. I was told, ? will you stop talking? due to my screaming and yelling throughout the show. I want to defend myself to a lot of your uninformed, and honestly quite careless opinions.
First off
Quote:

tokyosista wrote:
that and the loud fanboys. I'm glad she told that guy to be quiet. When she's trying to say something, don't interrupt her, that was really rude. Have some common courtesy and just calm down.

Well im sorry that I had waited up to 8 years following her every move, even before kingdom hearts, to see her live. I cried a bit and was over come with the chance to talk to her. My friends waited from 2am, that?s the kind of devotion, I don?t think you can under stand, tokyosista. Seeing her being so close after soo many years it was a feeling I couldn?t handle, and I scremed cause I wanted her to know how long me and my friends have loved her. And I got a bit overzeaouls, yes and was told to stop talking, But afterwards I got a smile, and a wink. And the band handed me their guitar picks and drum sticks. So im sure they understood as im sure utada did as well. I dont care if you label me ?rude? and what not, because Those with the same history of following her beyond video games soundtracks, and those who went to the show for the chance to speak to her and enjoy something live they have waited for, for so long. They understand.
It wasn?t about MERCH, Or PICS for me, It was all about UTADA. And I can say, she spoke to me. And that I wasn?t just another face in the crowd. Like you Tokyosista was. This goes out to all of you that feel the need to say something mean spirited about me, I loved utada. And her and her band KNEW that.

Speical thanks to

Quote:

Mahalania wrote:

She did tell some guy to stop talking and the crowd cheery very loudly because he was being rude as she was trying to talk to us but I can somewhat understand him, if I was so close to her i may never shutup.

And
Quote:

Alex0821 wrote:
Funny moments - a couple: this one guy in the front kept complimenting her and the band, like incessantly, and finally Utada just goes "Stop talking!" And everyone applauded. He wasn't being rude, he was just really excited to see her (having waited in line for like 15 hours)

For understanding how intense that moment was for me, and how much I loved being ten feet away from her. To the point where I was rude.
Posted on: 2010/2/9 22:36
 Top   Previous Topic   Next Topic
<1...9101112131415...48>