'In The Flesh' - New York City! 8-Feb-2010

Bottom   Previous Topic   Next Topic
<1...3456789...48>
  •  Topic options
Poster Thread
Re:
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L 20 /F /rep'n dirtee jerzee
Yo man. I dunno If i said this already -- but you Canadians are MAD legit!! XD I commend you guys.

Also -- her entrance made me cry. XD I was a bit too busy trying to stop myself from full out hyperventilation and i was struggling to keep my eyes on her so... I'm sad to say I cannot remember her entrance as much. :'DDD
Posted on: 2010/2/11 20:46
Re:
UtadaNet Newbie
A/S/L 19, M, USA
Quote:

Alex0821 wrote:
Did anyone else think her entrance was totally awesome? How she came out practically in the dark, then threw her fists into the air as On and On started playing and there was like this blast of purple light? I thought it was SO COOL, I can't stop thinking about it! She sure knows how to put on a show.

That was cool! I really hope a DVD comes out so I can see everything again. There was nothing bad in that performance.

Utada is da truth!
Posted on: 2010/2/11 19:58
  •  Unregistered
      Unregistered
Re:
guest_Unregistered
Did anyone else think her entrance was totally awesome? How she came out practically in the dark, then threw her fists into the air as On and On started playing and there was like this blast of purple light? I thought it was SO COOL, I can't stop thinking about it! She sure knows how to put on a show.
Posted on: 2010/2/11 19:34
  •  LoBFCanti
      LoBFCanti
Re:
Insane Hikki Fan
A/S/L 20/M/Brooklyn,NY
"アンコール (n) encore"

You are right.I'm full of fail this week aren't I?I'm gonna blame it on my sickness no?
Posted on: 2010/2/11 19:27
  •  adatu
      adatu
Re:
UtadaNet Newbie
A/S/L Male / Philly
I think the reason she laughed because you were saying it incorrectly. It's not AN-KO-RE, it should be AN-KO-RU. Please don't take it the wrong way, just trying to help you say it right so next time they wouldn't laugh at you.

Quote:

LoBFCanti wrote:
Quote:

Me and only one other person was saying "AN-KO-RE!" and the girl in front of me laughed :/ I watched hundreds of japanese concerts,there was no way I was passing up the chance to do my first ankore!!
Posted on: 2010/2/11 17:16
  •  Unregistered
      Unregistered
Re: Experience.
guest_Unregistered
Quote:

Amaterasu wrote:
I believe that the line is, "This guitarist is making me water - c'mon!" As in, tearing up.

I hate you all! If I didn't have my stupid business, I would have been DERE with y'alls!

*stabs you all in the face with a fork*

Aww! That sucks you couldn't make it. I love your siggy by the way!

Quote:

LL_Rain wrote:
OMG, I saw that conversation thing, too. That was the start of the people that got infront of me and my friend. He had a bit more guts to walk in front of them first. I walked over after he waved me over. Then that girl/woman started up. I honestly didn't see a reason for violence, though. Even the guy that she was so defendant of wound up in a conversation with us. Apparently he saw us there, too.

Haha where I was in line, there was this girl with her mother, and her mother would yell at people whenever they tried to cut. It was hysterical, but still dozens of people cut in front of us - when I got there at 8:30 there were about 20 people in front of me, and by the time the doors opened there were at least 40. Uncool! The people who wait in the cold the longest should be the closest to Utada!
Posted on: 2010/2/11 10:20
Addicted to Hikki
A/S/L Male/25/NJ
OMG, I saw that conversation thing, too. That was the start of the people that got infront of me and my friend. He had a bit more guts to walk in front of them first. I walked over after he waved me over. Then that girl/woman started up. I honestly didn't see a reason for violence, though. Even the guy that she was so defendant of wound up in a conversation with us. Apparently he saw us there, too.

You got a ball too? Nice ^_^. She didn't throw one back far enough for me to get one =(. Oh well, I still have my experience. I can live with that.
Posted on: 2010/2/11 10:17
  •  Amaterasu
      Amaterasu
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L 26/M/Canada
I believe that the line is, "This guitarist is making me water - c'mon!" As in, tearing up.

I hate you all! If I didn't have my stupid business, I would have been DERE with y'alls!

*stabs you all in the face with a fork*
Posted on: 2010/2/11 10:01
  •  a_kikoo
      a_kikoo
Re:
UN Reporter
A/S/L 26/F
Quote:

gateauxQ wrote:
OH HAY GUIS I am a newb here

But yeah still coming down off the immense high from the NYC show. Me and my BF flew down from Ottawa Ontario for the weekend and did the touristy thing for the weekend leading up to the show.

We got to the Fillmore 6 hours early, there were about 50 people already in line but we ended up getting a pretty good spot inside. (The wait was unbearable wasn't it?!)

YES PEOPLE CUTTING WERE SO INFURIATING. There was a guy in front of us that just cut in with the people in front of us by casually joining their conversation... anyway we nicknamed him Anime Lord in Moonboots. Because Cutters suck. At least that was only one guy and not like ten I read about earlier in this thread. I seriously would have thrown down if ten people cut in front of me.

My fave songs she performed that night were definitely Can You Keep a Secret and Automatic. Followed closely by Stay Gold and You Make Me Want to Be a Man and Devil Inside. I got to say, she had just as much stage presence and energy as in the Utada United tour. Which was pure amazing. Personally I prefer the small venue.

Man nothing will ever top that night... The icing on the cake was the kuma ball my bf DIVED to grab for me

we were definitely effing loud. I was the chick that screamed "CANADA LOVES YOU" and Utada was like "Who...??" And I was like "CANADA!CANADA!CANADA!" jumping up and down XD my ears were ringing for two days after. All my muscles hurt from standing outside and jumping around. I felt hungover the next morning, my bf was like "you have a rock hang over" lol

awe your bfs so sweet.
i absolutely LOVE that drawing on the ball! lucky.
Posted on: 2010/2/11 9:59
Addicted to Hikki
A/S/L 23/F/Ottawa, ON
Quote:

Alex0821 wrote:
Quote:

LoBFCanti wrote:

YMMWTBAM and Dirty Desire was HYPE!!!I was really excited during Can you keep a secret? but then she didn't do the "This guitar is making me horny" part :/ oh well.She didn't perform a single song from precious."Promise" or "Take a little while" would have been very cool.

Are you sure that's what she says??? I thought it was "This guitar is making me wanna... ugh... come on"

...I always thought she was saying "This guitar is making me WORRY" ... but it does sound like horny xD
Posted on: 2010/2/11 9:56
 Top   Previous Topic   Next Topic
<1...3456789...48>