Poster Thread
Re:
UtadaNet Newbie
A/S/L 19, M, USA
Quote:

CB3X wrote:
Quote:

LoBFCanti wrote:

I wtf'd when I heard the "YEEEAAAAHHH!!!" XD Where did that come from?Very random.

Mmm that was me. I figured it was random and loud enough to hear from the back ... I even got someone else to shout it with me later!

That was me! LMAO! WIN!

Quote:

LL_Rain wrote:
I was kinda hoping she'd do a request. (I was the one screaming for "Boogie Back". I just love hearing her sing that chorus.) I'm glad I got to see her, though, and I'd go again for sure. I really wanted her to hear my remix, too. ^_^; Maybe next time.

I was the one who told you that was a throwback! Major win! I was hoping for requests too. I asked for Traveling and Wings, especially when she got on the Piano. She killed it when she did that and then she did the DI, KD, & YMMWTBAM combo and that was it for me. The show just got better the more she sung.

Quote:

flipbeats wrote:
I just hope she does this tour thing again..

She has to! She got such a warm welcome from all of us, she has to!

Utada is da truth!
Posted on: 2010/2/10 14:37
  •  Unregistered
      Unregistered
Re: Experience.
guest_Unregistered
Quote:

TadakoXIII wrote:
WOW, looks like you got pretty close!! Me, Aa-chan, the two Jenny's were like.. 20 feet away from the stage. I blame this on them making me check in my bag. I got so much wrong information when we were on line -- I heard it was OPTIONAL and you could take yer bag in but then I go in and they're yelling at me to check in my friggin' bag and having to pay $2 or more if you also included a coat. I only checked in my bag -- $2 isn't that much but it was still hassle because we could've gotten closer... >_> At least Aa-chan held a spot for Jenny and I when we were done with it that... D:

And, omfg, Mariko and Okaasan got screwed over SOO bad!! They could've been closer to the stage with us but they ended up all the way in the back of the crowd!! DDDD: She told me all about it over deviantART. It was just another case of security guards relaying absolutely wrong info! T__T;;

Anyway, haha, we were wondering what happened to you when we were inside. X'D "Where'd Alex go?!! I don't see him or Mariko or Okaasan! ;A;" ... but it's great to know that you got really close!! AND THAT YOU HAD (pseudo-)EYE CONTACT!! XD !

Haha yeah I was in the third row! I ran ahead hoping to get really close to the stage and save spots for you and everyone else from our little group while you checked your things, but then I saw that they hadn't opened the doors yet, and we had to wait for like twenty minutes in this dark crowded hallway (some girl got claustrophobic and threw up!) until they let us in. I kept looking behind me to try and find you!! That whole situation was really stupid. I ended up cutting a LOT of people when they finally opened the doors and everyone ran to the stage, but I didn't feel too bad because most of those people cut us earlier that morning! XD

It occurs to me now that we should have had one person check all the coats and bags while the rest of us went ahead, then have that person come find us in the front. Next time!

I thought Mariko and Okaasan were supposed to be in the balcony??
Posted on: 2010/2/10 14:26
  •  Hikaruxhide
      Hikaruxhide
Addicted to Hikki
A/S/L 25/F/NYC
Quote:

JUNKSTORYX wrote:
I think you lost the entire point of my reply, Your opinion was mean and calluses . But hey if you dont mind being hurtful for no reason then i guess thats fine. I still had a great time and got to not only see but interact with my idol. To tokyosista,

BTW

just checked her blog and we got a shout out, kind of awesome :)

I checked it earlier and yup woot woot!!!~ she gave us 3 a shout out! ^_^ glad she remembered all three of us. she told u to be quiet in a playful way and we waited sooooo long so im glad she took it into consideration and gave us a shout out!! Im glad now she knows that her fans in new york really love her!
Posted on: 2010/2/10 14:23
  •  Hikaruxhide
      Hikaruxhide
Addicted to Hikki
A/S/L 25/F/NYC
Quote:

meanestrage wrote:
Quote:
The audience at my NY show was so unbelievably charged up, which made me really surprised . . . I have this feeling I'm writing impressions like this again and again but you know, it was really awesome . . . such a greatness of my hometown!I found this person in the front row, who was standing in line from the midnight of the day before!! It's almost like the release date of popular video games . . . I wonder if I happen to have lots of avid fans in NY or NY people are all crazy like that (lol)

shit I originally went to irving plaza at 6pm the day before but then i came back home and went back at 2am with my girlfriend. one of our friends took a pic of us at 4am before anyone even came. when utada heard she said we were crazy but hey we are dedicated fans especially when i waited fo this for 10 years, way before kingdom hearts, thats also why i teared so much during the concert. being dead center in the front row was more then any experience a word can define and it was worth the wait!

~Babe im so happy that UTADA gave us a shout out on her blog~ We waited since 2AM on the line,tho it was cold as hell we,didn't mind cuz it was all for a good cause.*we're troopers* The concert was soooooo awesome!!!! Her energy was amazing! Im happy she sang japanese songs as well as english. Her singing live is soooooo good. No other artist ive seen live can top UTADA ~ I will never forget this experience. Ive loved UTADA for sooooo long.! Words cannot explain how happy i am and how my experience was. I hope she does another concert in NYC, or mabye an appearence somewhere on a talk show/or somewhere.! All in all im glad everyone had a good time at the concert
Posted on: 2010/2/10 13:58
  •  flipbeats
      flipbeats
Re:
Hikki Fanatic
A/S/L male
yeah the have a nice life thing was kinda off.. maybe she was upset about something.. who knows..

I just hope she does this tour thing again..

Posted on: 2010/2/10 13:52
  •  Suroki
      Suroki
Re:
Hikki Fanatic
A/S/L 30/F
I was SO hoping that Mika would make a surprise appearance. I love his music and his Freddie Mercury-esque voice. ^__^ (Does anyone else wonder how on earth they became good friends?) I guess it's different than Hikki showing up in Tokyo on Mika's tour though, since everyone there de facto loves her, while most people at the NY show don't give a crap about other contemporary music. Lol, I felt so bad for Rizzo. When he said, "New York, I can feel the love!" I laughed because he must have been 100% sarcastic. XD

I'll scan some pictures I drew when I get home today! :D

Ooh, and I saw you, Cathy~! I think I also saw Taboo when she arrived and walked to the end of the line. But I'm way to shy to say something like, "Hey, I know you from Utadanet!" ;__; M-maybe next time... But still cool to see some faces. o3o
Posted on: 2010/2/10 13:44
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L 20 /F /rep'n dirtee jerzee
LoBFCanti wrote:
Quote:

LL_Rain wrote:
Quote:

I was kinda hoping she'd do a request. (I was the one screaming for "Boogie Back". I just love hearing her sing that chorus.) I'm glad I got to see her, though, and I'd go again for sure. I really wanted her to hear my remix, too. ^_^; Maybe next time.

I wanted to asked for Dareka no negai ga kanau koro when she was on the piano;I could not scream nearly as loud as I would have liked however,so I didn't bother.WINGS didn't even cross my mind at the moment and I really think I'd have actual cried if she song that song :/

YEAH. Boston requested Boku Wa Kuma.

But man, WINGS would've been amazing...! She has so many amazing songs!! The song selection is so vast, man.. X'D I would've been able to sing along to Dareka No Negai Ga Kanau Koro, but only the first verse and chorus... >3> Then again, I didn't sing along to the songs as much as I just mouthed the lyrics... I paid to hear HER sing, not to hear me butcher her songs (and i'm sure I did you all a favor by not singing too XD).

And, omfgggg, I FORGOT ALL ABOUT BOOGIE BACK!!1 That would've been so beast!

I was also considering Let It Snow, cause she did a cover of that with Mika... which I found on Youtube. I really liked her voice when she sang it. But yeah, haha.
Posted on: 2010/2/10 13:02
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L 20 /F /rep'n dirtee jerzee
Quote:

Alex0821 wrote:

And I still don't think the guy who was told to stop talking was rude, but I think people way in the back who couldn't really hear what he was saying may have thought he was heckling her (which he wasn't, he was saying things like "your band is so great" and stuff like that XD). I'm actually kinda jealous he got acknowledged by Utada! She even mentioned him (and the rest of us!) on her blog!

Quote:
The audience at my NY show was so unbelievably charged up, which made me really surprised . . . I have this feeling I'm writing impressions like this again and again but you know, it was really awesome . . . such a greatness of my hometown!

I found this person in the front row, who was standing in line from the midnight of the day before!! It's almost like the release date of popular video games . . . I wonder if I happen to have lots of avid fans in NY or NY people are all crazy like that (lol)

The closest I got to being acknowledged was when she was crouching in front of me during "Can You Keep A Secret?" and looked RIGHT at me when she sang "moving shadow" - she obviously didn't SEE me since the audience was dark, but we kinda made pseudo-eye contact! XD

Oh, another funny moment for anyone who wasn't there - she asked if anyone spoke Japanese and everyone was cheering, then she looked at some white guy in the front and was like "you definitely aren't Japanese!" (I'm white but I know some Japanese so I understood her lol)

It's been a day and a half since the concert and I still can't believe I saw her!!!

WOW, looks like you got pretty close!! Me, Aa-chan, the two Jenny's were like.. 20 feet away from the stage. I blame this on them making me check in my bag. I got so much wrong information when we were on line -- I heard it was OPTIONAL and you could take yer bag in but then I go in and they're yelling at me to check in my friggin' bag and having to pay $2 or more if you also included a coat. I only checked in my bag -- $2 isn't that much but it was still hassle because we could've gotten closer... >_> At least Aa-chan held a spot for Jenny and I when we were done with it that... D:

And, omfg, Mariko and Okaasan got screwed over SOO bad!! They could've been closer to the stage with us but they ended up all the way in the back of the crowd!! DDDD: She told me all about it over deviantART. It was just another case of security guards relaying absolutely wrong info! T__T;;

Anyway, haha, we were wondering what happened to you when we were inside. X'D "Where'd Alex go?!! I don't see him or Mariko or Okaasan! ;A;" ... but it's great to know that you got really close!! AND THAT YOU HAD (pseudo-)EYE CONTACT!! XD !
Posted on: 2010/2/10 12:48
  •  LoBFCanti
      LoBFCanti
Insane Hikki Fan
A/S/L 20/M/Brooklyn,NY
Quote:

LL_Rain wrote:
Quote:

LoBFCanti wrote:
Quote:

LL_Rain wrote:
All I gotta say is people need to stop cutting lines. I walked right infront of the people that did. They didn't say anything either because they knew.

Also...leave the dude alone about his talking. There were some other things said I let slide. I did hear a few lewd comments that were actually made by the girls and not the guys. I heard a few dudes say "Marry me." Not as bad as what I heard some of the girls saying, though.

It didn't even matter by time we got inside.I had to check in my bag and I still manage to be only about 7 ft away from the stage.Next time we should definitely go as a large group though.If one person cuts....WE ALL CUT THEM(literally!!!jk).I don't mind you standing in line for a single friend but some people invited 5 people in line!I suggested we group up in pairs in the situation of anyone having to go to the bathroom or stuff like that;not to avoid standing on line for 8 hrs to get a good spot!But the people on my side were particularly nice.They let people through to the front even.

I didn't mind a person or 2, but it wasn't like 5 people it was more like 10. It's whatever, I was just upset someone tried to tell me I wasn't in line. I'm just glad I spoke up before my friend did. He would have....said some not nice things.

I wanted to asked for Dareka no negai ga kanau koro when she was on the piano;I could not scream nearly as loud as I would have liked however,so I didn't bother.WINGS didn't even cross my mind at the moment and I really think I'd have actual cried if she song that song :/
Posted on: 2010/2/10 12:16
  •  LoBFCanti
      LoBFCanti
Insane Hikki Fan
A/S/L 20/M/Brooklyn,NY
Quote:

LL_Rain wrote:
Quote:

LoBFCanti wrote:
Quote:

LL_Rain wrote:
All I gotta say is people need to stop cutting lines. I walked right infront of the people that did. They didn't say anything either because they knew.

Also...leave the dude alone about his talking. There were some other things said I let slide. I did hear a few lewd comments that were actually made by the girls and not the guys. I heard a few dudes say "Marry me." Not as bad as what I heard some of the girls saying, though.

It didn't even matter by time we got inside.I had to check in my bag and I still manage to be only about 7 ft away from the stage.Next time we should definitely go as a large group though.If one person cuts....WE ALL CUT THEM(literally!!!jk).I don't mind you standing in line for a single friend but some people invited 5 people in line!I suggested we group up in pairs in the situation of anyone having to go to the bathroom or stuff like that;not to avoid standing on line for 8 hrs to get a good spot!But the people on my side were particularly nice.They let people through to the front even.

I didn't mind a person or 2, but it wasn't like 5 people it was more like 10. It's whatever, I was just upset someone tried to tell me I wasn't in line. I'm just glad I spoke up before my friend did. He would have....said some not nice things.

Posted on: 2010/2/10 12:16
 Top   Previous Topic   Next Topic
<1...6789101112...48>