'In The Flesh' 2010 Tour
   'In The Flesh' - Boston, MA! 5-Feb-2010

Bottom   Previous Topic   Next Topic
<12345...13>
  •  Topic options
Poster Thread
  •  TurtleFu
      TurtleFu
Re: 'In The Flesh' - Boston, MA! 5-Feb-2010 - tickets??
Addicted to Hikki
A/S/L
I've gone to shows at the Paradise before. It's a club that usually plays lesser-known local bands and some more well-known bands. It's not "grungy" but it certainly isn't run down. The floor is concrete, and there are no seats, but there is also nothing separating the audience from the stage. If you get there early enough you could be standing right in front of the stage, 2 feet away from her.
The one complaint I have is that there are 3 large support pillars, and one is right in front of the stage.
I'm curious, any news about goods (T-Shirts, etc.) for this tour? Did her last one even have goods?

While I like the Paradise, I would've preferred the B of A. You sacrifice some distance from the stage, but it's a much bigger venue and it doesn't have a big pillar.
Posted on: 2009/12/3 11:39
  •  JKensei
      JKensei
UtadaNet Newbie
A/S/L 23/m/boston
Yeah I have heard stories about the pillars from a lot of websites - it is clear they are to be avoided at all costs.

As for me, im really hoping to get to the stage to get up close.. So everyone just stands there then? Since she is R&B and they have the DJ there must be dancing I'd assume.

I'm thinking there is a good chance for autographs. I'm just going to keep it simple and buy her tito CD and bring that, which i should've already done anyway :(

Zune your coming all the way from Miami?? You are a hardcore fan.
Posted on: 2009/12/3 12:32
  •  zunecrazy
      zunecrazy
Addicted to Hikki
A/S/L 20/ Male / Miami FL
Well, I do love Utada. I figure if I don't catch her now, then when? I've heard of the pillars too, I dread the though of being stuck behind one O.o I hope the flight works out. How do you think the line will be LOL
Posted on: 2009/12/3 12:37
  •  yoursonnetmylove
      yoursonnetmylove
Addicted to Hikki
A/S/L Boston, MA
Is there some kind of dress code for the Paradise? I've never been to a club before but I prefer not to have to wear heels since apparently there are no seats. I can't wait to meet other Utada fans too! My friends know her but they don't love her as much as I do. The only CDs I have from her are Exodus, This is the One and Ultra Blue. I rather have her sign the UB CD if she could. That would be awesome!
Posted on: 2009/12/3 14:46
  •  TurtleFu
      TurtleFu
Addicted to Hikki
A/S/L
There isn't really a dress code.
It's a rock club, not a dance club, so most of the time people don't dance unless it's like a mosh pit.
Don't wear heels. Your feet will die by the end of the show.
I hope she signs CDs! I think she'd like to know that fans of hers are aware of her Japanese music. Just don't say something like "I like your Japanese music better" because that might make her feel bad.
Posted on: 2009/12/3 15:06
  •  zunecrazy
      zunecrazy
Addicted to Hikki
During a Q&A in Miami, she was asked a lot of questions about her Japanese albums and she kindly responded. She's very nice. There was, however, this very....flamboyant boy in the front row who was crying and shaking while asking her a question. She was like wow...^_^ She seemed surprised that many people knew her Japanese albums so well...

Oh! Just a random note. Today on ebay, this guy was selling Ultra Blue, Distance and Deep River along with 13 singles in one lot. I lost by $1 :( her cds are great but man, legitimate copies are expensive! XD
Posted on: 2009/12/3 15:49
  •  yoursonnetmylove
      yoursonnetmylove
Addicted to Hikki
A/S/L Boston, MA
Thanks for answering my question. Do you know if they allow people to carry posters or bring cameras? I'm working on a poster that has Hikki hugging her teddy bear. Maybe I could actually give it to her! By the way, I would never say something as rude as "I like your Japanese music better".
Posted on: 2009/12/3 16:56
  •  JKensei
      JKensei
UtadaNet Newbie
A/S/L 23/m/boston
Normal cameras are allowed - no backpacks though. I found the policy's page it is right here:
http://www.thedise.com/rockclub/policies.html

I heard from other places the ventilation is not too great so dressing comfortable is recommended. But most important whatever is fun to wear. Maybe it'll be different since it is the middle of winter (zune how is the weather down there anyway??) but people have reported being extremely hot at this place.

I have a feeling the Utada show is gonna be a change of pace from paradise's usual gigs.
Posted on: 2009/12/3 17:24
  •  zunecrazy
      zunecrazy
Addicted to Hikki
Thanks for the info man! The weather here is warm. Very humid at times. It's pleasant, sure but it's harder to get into the Christmas spirit. I miss Boston a lot. Is it cold there now?
Posted on: 2009/12/3 18:19
  •  JKensei
      JKensei
UtadaNet Newbie
A/S/L 23/m/boston
I'm getting a little concerned since we haven't seen any snow yet, sometimes we don't get snow for christmas - but the weather is very extreme this year. I was shocked when i walked outside and it was t-shirt weather this morning! A week ago i was wearing 2 sweaters and a coat.
February is almost always snowy though.
Posted on: 2009/12/3 18:59
 Top   Previous Topic   Next Topic
<12345...13>