<123456...13>
  •  Topic options
Poster Thread
  •  Polyrhythm
      Polyrhythm
Re:
UN Reporter
A/S/L 17/M/Southern California
More videos of Boston have been uploaded. Here's one where she talks to the audience about the east coast, a big pillar in the way, and she also speaks in Japanese to her Japanese fans:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vfa5l6uuW6c

If you don't know what she meant when she says the pillar is in the way...the venue looks like this:

It also looks like they didnt get the cool flashing lights during passion

Signature made by me (DEEP RIVER from AHS Forum)
Graphics Shop
Posted on: 2010/2/6 14:26
  •  saikami
      saikami
Re:
UtadaNet Newbie
A/S/L 19/F/Maine
The gay couple were right in front of me, I almost caught the ball even touched it with my fingertips, but they had the arm length to beat me to it. XP Lucky them~

The concert was absolutely amazing. It was probably one of the best experiences of my life. Although I'm 19, I don't really go to concerts, and the fact that her's was my first official non-formal concert just made my life.

I think my favorite song had to be First Love, because I have a lot of history with that song and it actually brought me to tears.

I love how much emotion she puts into her performances, it's really moving. I would see her again in concert a million times over.
Posted on: 2010/2/6 14:17
  •  zunecrazy
      zunecrazy
Re:
Addicted to Hikki
A/S/L 20/ Male / Miami FL
The gay couple mentioned earlier also caught a kuma ball and the drummer also gave one of them his drumstick. The insanely cute Japanese girl was starstruck with the stick and he gave it to her. It was a fantastic night. I REALLY hope she does another tour so that I may snag more photos!

OH! Also, did anyone notice that the arrangement between Kremlin Dusk and You Make Me Want to Be A Man was identical to her United tour? :D

For those who went, which song did you like the most at the concert?
Posted on: 2010/2/6 13:24
  •  JKensei
      JKensei
Re:
UtadaNet Newbie
A/S/L 23/m/boston
Quote:

AXMA47 wrote:
I keep getting an error dont know if its me or not.

@a_kikoo: yea I felt the same way too, but at first I was just mesmerized lol. she did manage to work the crowd up in automatic doing the claping thing tho.

Oh yeah here is a different picture hoster - just a small camera pic that shows my vantage from where I was standing. So close considering how late we we made it there.

http://tinypic.com/r/2z6cr5j/6
Posted on: 2010/2/6 12:03
  •  tokyokid
      tokyokid
Re:
UtadaNet Regular
A/S/L
wow sounds like you all had a great time! was the Drummer nice? How did you meet him after the concert?
Posted on: 2010/2/6 11:46
  •  Camfans59
      Camfans59
Re:
Addicted to Hikki
A/S/L 19/female/NH
Quote:

yoursonnetmylove wrote:
During the third to last songs, she ran to the left side of the stage and the mom next to me had her hand out and Utada slapped it. Lucky!/quote]

That was my mom who got the high five! I was SO jelous and now she keeps rubbing it in! So unfair! :(
Posted on: 2010/2/6 11:45
  •  yoursonnetmylove
      yoursonnetmylove
Re:
Addicted to Hikki
A/S/L Boston, MA
Here's a longer account of the concert day

When I got to the place at 1-ish, I thought I was already lost so I called my friend and was like 'Could you give me the address?' She gave me it and I started to walk down the street and saw the top of the club sign Utada. Oh, here it is. There were just about five people there. I waited along with them until a lady came out of the club and passed out these tickets. Basically, it ensures you get in by the order of the ticket numbers. My friend wasn't there yet and stupid me forgot to get her a ticket. In the end, I tried to ask the manager but he was like "sorry we're all out." My friend was mad. At around 3 or 4ish, people who weren't there when I got there got in front of me. It turned out they got there at 8 in the morning. One of them came all the way from Peru! There was a gay couple so I started to talk to them (b/c of boredom). It turned out one of them came all the way from New Jersey and the other came from Rhode Island. The one from New Jersey was one of the lucky ones to be at the NY Sephora event and got the cardboard poster that was autographed. At 6, they finally started to let people in (only people who had blue tickets) in order. They did the whole patting me down and just asked if I had a camera in my bag. I actually left it at home. Well it was a crappy camera already so the pictures would've came out crappy anyway. They let us hang out in the lounge then when I ordered a burger, they were lining up for the actual concert...place. I raced to them when they called my number. The guy repeated it three times. The gay couple who were standing next to me outside was like "Here she is!" Gotta mention I'm pretty small. Those guys are so nice. They're also going to the NY show. So lucky... So I got to the front row where I could lean on the barricade to the left near the speakers. Seven rolled around and Mike Rizzo finally came out. The thing about me is that I don?t really dance so the fact that he didn?t really got me pumped up wasn?t his fault. Some of the people around me were pumped up then settled down, it happened several times. It was kind of funny. He kept going like ?In about 20 minutes, Utada?s coming out! Give it up!? Those were the times I really got engaged. After the last song, he said ?Utada?s coming out in five minutes! Give it up!? This is just rephrasing. My memory is not good. It got slightly irritating because I?m a very impatient person (but I reminded myself as long as Utada comes out and performs, I?ll wait as long as it takes) then the stage lit up again, a guy started to do sound check. At around 8, the band started to come out and took their positions. Finally a few seconds, the attraction came out and we all started cheering. She was wearing a purple shirt type of dress (one shoulder was exposed), rhinestone ankle boots and purple blush, nothing over the top. Her hair was um?puffed out like a rocker chick sort of hairstyle. Sorry I?m not good with descriptions. She started to sing and I was amazed how chipmunk like her voice was. The concert was absolutely amazing for lack of a better word. I already had a sore throat before the concert so I basically lost my voice after singing along, whooping and screaming so much. It was kind of awkward for me to wave my arm around or thrusting it forward. I sort of just copied people behind or next to me. She really killed the Exodus songs in a good way, of course. You Make Me Want to be a Man never sounded so good. One time she looked over in my direction (slight eye contact) and it made me feel insecure. I was thinking maybe something was on my face or something. During the third to last songs, she ran to the left side of the stage and the mom next to me had her hand out and Utada slapped it. Lucky! I wanted to give her my gift personally but lacked the courage. There was one balcony to the right of the concert that was filled with only Asians. Sometimes I looked over their way and they were motionless while the people on the floor was active. Were they having a good time? When the spotlight hit them at one point, I saw few people singing along and bobbing their heads. When Hikki spoke to us, she was mostly saying very modest things about how she was excited to be back in the East Coast nearing the place she grew up in. That was the second time in Boston. The first time was ten years ago when she visited a friend from middle school in Boston and went to a baseball game to cheer on Ichiro (lost on a non-baseball fan like me). How her friend made her go to a dirty Chinese restaurant to eat. She kept mentioning how she loved the college atmosphere and how old she felt. She even mentioned the doomed pillar, how she was right in front of one and felt bad for the people back there. "You guys have to remind me I'm not singing to a pillar." lol Of course, us Hikki fans laughed at her some of her lame comments. She also spoke in Japanese for the Japanese fans. Man, there was this one Japanese chick in front of me. Her voice was really squeaky. It was cute. Afterwards, I timidly went up to the drummer and asked him to give Utada the picture I drew. I was supposed to prepare it beforehand but I just kept forgetting so right before the concert I quickly wrote on the picture: Happy Belated Birthday, Utada. I love you! To: Hikki, From: my name. I wish I could?ve thought of something more creative or more heartfelt to say.

After the concert, I was on a high and was chattering away to my friend about how awesome it was. My voice was ravaged. It turned out my friend had to stay behind these tall jerks so she couldn't really see well. She commented that Utada was very pretty and that her pictures don't do her justice. I actually know a person who told me she didn't think Utada was pretty but if she could've seen her live in person, she would've changed her mind. My friend also commented that Hikki kept saying that she felt old when she's just a few years older than me. The thing is that sometimes I'm like 'Ahh, I'm old!' Just 22 years old.
Posted on: 2010/2/6 10:59
  •  AXMA47
      AXMA47
Re:
Hikki Fanatic
A/S/L 21/M/HI
Quote:

JKensei wrote:
My second favorite person on stage was the drummer to the right. He got so into it!!

Most of my pictures came out horrible though :(. I wish i snuck my olympus in.

http://picture.vzw.com/mi/491289574_1725021391_0.jpeg
http://picture.vzw.com/mi/491291317_1725027887_0.jpeg

I keep getting an error dont know if its me or not.

@a_kikoo: yea I felt the same way too, but at first I was just mesmerized lol. she did manage to work the crowd up in automatic doing the claping thing tho.
Posted on: 2010/2/6 10:51
  •  Unregistered
      Unregistered
Re:
guest_Unregistered
omg! thanks for the videos!!! I like how she changes things up a bit! =]
Keep it up Hikki! <33
Posted on: 2010/2/6 10:45
  •  Camfans59
      Camfans59
Re:
Addicted to Hikki
A/S/L 19/female/NH
Quote:

bhive619 wrote:
i wish I was there lol

from AzyxA

I'm working on typing up my expierence for the concert right now, but I was just wondering....if I credit you for these pictures, would you allow me to post them on my Facebook? I was too chicken to try to take pictures myself cause I was right in the front row and I didn't want to get caught.
Posted on: 2010/2/6 10:11
 Top   Previous Topic   Next Topic
<123456...13>