•  Topic options
Poster Thread
  •  Holybelle
      Holybelle
Re:
UtadaNet Newbie
A/S/L
Ok, so, I just got out of the concert.

I kinda have mixed feelings whether it was worth it or not. I mean, the trip for two days (from FL) was about 1400. She was good, but people were singing along loudly, with the bass kinda overflowing her vocals. I also left right as Me Muero was ending (to get to the valet before the crowd), then she wound up throwing the Kuma balls, and one was thrown right at the area that I was standing.

><

Oh well, maybe I was expecting too much, since Utada United sounded amazingly powerful in the DVD version.
Posted on: 2010/2/2 21:23
  •  Conanophile
      Conanophile
Re:
UtadaNet Newbie
A/S/L
She was an adorable little witch! Was upstairs so no chance at the kuma balls. D: But it was an experience that I will never forget.
Posted on: 2010/2/2 21:52
  •  PPP
      PPP
Re:
UtadaNet Newbie
A/S/L
I liked the concert! She was very nice,funny,and cute. I didn't like her make up tho, doesn't match her well. Love her performance but yea the bass was way too loud. The crowd was cheerful which it was quite nice, one audience with a mask even dance on the stage for like 10 seconds when DJ was remixing some songs ( but then he got taken by the security lol) don't know if he got kick out or not.

I wonder if the showe was recorded, since there's two TV on the upper floor, and Utada was like is that me up there and she commented that's so weird that she's seeing herself and she said she tries not to look at it.

-I was close(like 3 or 4 rows of people in front of me to the stage and i think she had eye connects with me.
- Utada gave everyone a "virtual" kiss and hug..lol
-Almost got the kuma baseball, the lady behind me got it! :( She threw the balls 3 times in my side and close to me...
-Asian, white, black, very few hispanic.
-Utada said Chicago is similar to New york
-She went to the art institute in Chicago
-She loves the winter at Chicago
-She actually tried to talk to audience in the front.
-When she introudces the band, she forgot to mention the Japanese guy then she gave him a hug and introudces him back.
-Didn't hit some of the high notes but she was still able to sing the song well.
-Great band!
-Love Utada's personalty!

Although my back is very tired now and hurts alittle from standing too long, it was a great show I wouldn't mind going to see Utada anytime even if I have to stand and wait for 5 hours.
Posted on: 2010/2/2 21:53
  •  GIGAcorrupt
      GIGAcorrupt
Re:
Insane Hikki Fan
A/S/L Potato. Genderless. Underground
aww...I bet it was a great concert!!!! Just like it was in Vegas XD
Posted on: 2010/2/2 22:19
  •  meekobiscuit
      meekobiscuit
Re:
Addicted to Hikki
A/S/L 35/M/L.A.
Quote:

4lvy wrote:
XD No, I left already. The staff is too rude and ridiculous for me to stay there and be poluted.

I was aware of the age restriction, it's just that 16 and 17 don't really make a difference when it comes to drinking . . . None of them can anways, and I thought I'd be able to make it since I was meant to go to LA (which had no age restrictions), but ended up in Chicago, I brought someone who wasn't a minor with me, so there wouldn't be trouble! I guess there was anyway TToTT

I wrote a post about it in my blog :( http://wp.me/pGmeX-bU The experience had very little highs . . . Not only because of the fact I didn't go in, but also in terms of the staff and stuff :( But I hope the people who made it had a lot of fun! :D

I just read your blog entry. This is awful!!!! My whole FACE is getting so friggin' HOT from reading this!!! (Ok, yeah, maybe you should have known that they would not have let you in because of the age restriction. Their business could have been fined or their liquor license revoked if they let minors in, yada, yada, yada... This is all because America is so FRIGGIN' litigious and ridiculous.) But, I digress! Your blog's description of how the HoB staff were treating everybody is absolutely HORRIBLE!!! It sounds like they were being racist. Maybe you should try contacting IDJ or Hikki and communicate what a horrible experience this was. She's probably so sheltered from all of this that she'll never know what was going on, but it's worth a shot. I'm sure her management company doesn't want any negative press.

Did any other people experience any overtly racist behavior from the Chicago HoB staff?
Posted on: 2010/2/2 23:26
  •  meekobiscuit
      meekobiscuit
Re:
Addicted to Hikki
A/S/L 35/M/L.A.
Quote:

4lvy wrote:
I wasn't able to get in the concert. I'm one year off the age restriction and even though I came all the way from another continent, waited the entire 6 hours in line (We were the eighth people there), the manager wasn't moved at all and was impressively rude and inflexible. Before I left, he nearly kicked out a woman who was arguing about her daughter's ID.

That was the breaking point for me, I didn't even wanna hear the concert anymore, I'll just wait for Utada's next tour or hope for an extention of this one. I know this isn't her fault, and if it came to her, she'd be more than happy to keep a 16-year old between the crowd. I met some really amazing people in line, though!~ Hope they're having a blast because they deserve every second of an amazing concert!

BTW, for being so young, you have such an amazing attitude about this, despite what you went through. This will take you far in life. I hope you get to see her in the future!!!
Posted on: 2010/2/2 23:29
  •  PPP
      PPP
Re:
UtadaNet Newbie
A/S/L
I thought the staffs were alright, they were pretty quick and not racism ( at least not to me or the people around me). But they do have BAD MANNERS and FAT too!

I do think it's your fault for the age restriction, if it's said 17+ in Chicago then it's 17+ at Chicago HOB (you can call it stupid on why does it have age restriction when no other cities have it , but it's the rule in this concert, and it says on the ticket), doesn't matter if you come from Mars or how early you get into the lines. :( All I can say is that you have bad lucks. But then the whole point isn't age restriction, the manager shouldn't treated you that way, he/she should get fire.
Posted on: 2010/2/2 23:47
  •  kliu22
      kliu22
Re:
UtadaNet Newbie
A/S/L
i read this forum a lot, but just joined this site so i could post about the concert!! >_< lol

omg...she sounds sooooo good live!! and i love the interaction she had with the crowd. The part where she goes "and lastly...let's give a round of applause...to ME!" so cute! Her outfit was pretty nice as well. I enjoyed the music A LOT, it really surprised me just how much better it sounded live...i really hope they come out with a reordering of some sort for this tour. Sooo happy i got to hear her sing my favorite song, "first love". Kremlin Dusk was amazing?!?!!! I really enjoyed the rock-ish feel she added to some of the songs.

Me and my friends went to wait in line right away after classes and got there at about 4...we go to UIC/DePaul so we're 15 min away woot! I was kinda hoping to get close to the front by just getting there early, but it turned out u had to purchase like $15 worth of stuff to get close which sorta sucked at first but it was sooo worth it!! We ended up in the first row and for some reason by the time the Dj's time ended we shifted from the left of the first row to dead center o.o. My friend and i were just a few feet in front of Utada!! we got separated by our other friends tho, they got 1st row but more to the right... They were able to take some pictures during the concert (one of them was the girl who asked for a hug!!) http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=192941&id=553275309&ref=mf hope the link works :x

They had videos too but they were to close to the speakers so the sound is just horrible >_<

i wish i got one of those KUMA balls!! mad props to that guy ( i think he's from down south in Springfield) who jumped over the fence/rail for that ball...how the heck did he get over and to that ball so fast...

Overall, i had an awesome experience...can't believe i actually saw her live!! and i can't wait for the next tour!
Posted on: 2010/2/3 0:36
  •  Ephy
      Ephy
Re:
UtadaNet Newbie
A/S/L 20/Female/Indiana
So I am not going to post much cause I just got home and it is 4 in the morning. Yawnyawnyawn. That was SUCH an amazing concert. Like insanely good. Woah good. Mind blown good. Some people may not have liked the bass but I loved it.

The one thing I did have a problem with is.. no offense meant or nothing.. but WTF is with the fast pass? That is house of blues getting greedy. I was waiting outside since 4:30.. in the cold and snow and I was literally 5 people from the front and then people who bought 15 dollars of stuff from HOB got to skip to the front. Was that how it was in the other venues?

My gratitude to those people who let a short blonde and a short asian stand in front of them! If you are on here, I owe you guys. This guy was like 6 foot ALOT and my friend and I are 5'1 and 5'3 and doomed. Once we stood in front of those guys it was great though.

Hmm... mad props to the very very VERY enthusiastic white guy up on the left balcony. That was.. wow. You were excited.
Posted on: 2010/2/3 0:57
  •  klown
      klown
Re:
UtadaNet Regular
A/S/L 19. Male. Santa Barbara/Los Angeles, California
Wow. I love her Chicago outfit.

@Ephy. Every HoB has that ridiculous buy $15 worth of merchandise or $10+ of food to get into the priority line.
Posted on: 2010/2/3 1:16
 Top   Previous Topic   Next Topic
<1...891011121314...22>