<1...9101112131415...22>
  •  Topic options
Poster Thread
  •  Pips_Paradise
      Pips_Paradise
Re:
Insane Hikki Fan
A/S/L 18/F/London
4Ivy this is heartbreaking to hear...please PM your e mail address and I will personally make sure you get as much info from the London show, video and stills whatever is possible to achieve, however I think by the time Utada arrives in London ?the management? will hammer down on the Camera issue, we will see.

I would like to say that London Gigs are different and the bouncers are less Neanderthal, but alas at Brixton Academy (South London) some of the Bouncers (Security staff) had knuckles that dragged along on the ground and bony projections on either sides of the temples, grunt orders through nasal openings and are instantly recognisable by their low, flat, elongated skulls...the rattling sound is the oversized skull cavity housing a walnut sized brain..
Deepriver ...loved the stills ....

Please can any member fill me in on the security... how did they search for cameras?

Was there a heavy security presence in the crowd ?...Did anybody get ejected ..Sorry to ask so many questions ...just trying to work out how to handle in London ..I hope they don?t start using the rubber gloves....scary really scary.....oooooo..
Posted on: 2010/2/3 3:28
Re:
UtadaNet Regular
A/S/L 16/Male/Brazil
Yes, I do understand it was a 17+ concert and yes, I was taking a risk, but I wasn't meant to be coming to the Chicago concert, it was like my last chance, and I thought that the way I was received was pretty brutal, it wasn't like I just woke up one day and decided to try and break the security of a 17+ concert. I'm not saying they should've broken the law or anything, but the liquor excuse they gave me got me very upset. But it's past now . . . I took a chance and it didn't work and I wasted a whole day on this. I'll try contacting IDJ and/or the House of Blues about this like some of you suggested :) I just don't wanna make it sound like I want to be treated as VIP just because I came from "Mars", it's just that the service I received even coming from so far was very dreadful. Don't get me wrong.

@meekobiscuit Thank you for being so sweet!~ :D

@Pips_Paradise Thank you so much! I'll PM you my e-mail and see if I can attend :D I'd be missing a lot of school days, but who knows! :D XD It's very sweet of you ~

The security was VERY strict. First they checked ID, then they let in the line through the back to have metal detectors check you and stuff. It was very intimidating and the security was everywhere o.o The cameras weren't allowed at all if not for a fee, but they made people store their cameras at some lockers or whatnot.
Posted on: 2010/2/3 4:31
  •  kliu22
      kliu22
Re:
UtadaNet Newbie
A/S/L
yeah i was quite surprised how tight security was. we thought it would be easier having the girls sneak cameras in but it was actually the other way around x.x from what i saw, they only used metal detectors on girls and even checked there boots :x whereas me and my guy friends just got patted down the side...we had a bag filled with t shirts and food; they didn't even check if we had anything not allowed in there.
Posted on: 2010/2/3 4:58
  •  Pips_Paradise
      Pips_Paradise
Re:
Insane Hikki Fan
A/S/L 18/F/London
They used wands and fondle around in footwear wow !...Boston and New York to go before London and the security is becoming more stringent and vigorous.
If there is a media strategy to record any of the remaining gigs my money is on New York, Fillmore New York at Irving Plaza has a rich history and New York has a special place deep in Utada?s heart ...

http://www.nydailynews.com/topics/Fillmore+New+York+at+Irving+Plaza

If it is London, the venue does have good facilities to make this happen (Picard to Riker) but it would be curtains for personal photos or vid?s... they will make thorough checks on the door ..

"Patted down the side"..I know some who might find that enjoyable.. no going round twice Steve ...Tempest P ...
Posted on: 2010/2/3 7:36
  •  automatic_hikki
      automatic_hikki
Re:
UtadaNet Regular
A/S/L 39/F/Chicago Suburbs USA
Holy Crap that was an awesome concert!

We got there a bit early and learned about the "Pass The Line" option, we decided to do it. So we ate at the restaurant and were able to be some of the first to get in.

The wait was agonizing. That was probably the worst part of it. DJ Mike Rizzo really did not need to spin for an hour.

We were practically front row! There were moments where Hikki was like 2 feet away from me! I loved how she interacted with the crowd,when she performed certain songs she moved from one side of the stage to the other so everyone got a good view of her.

They were very strict about the cellphone/camera policy. BUT I did see people taking pics and videos and it took the security guy up front a while to notice them.

I would like to apologize to anyone whose view I may have blocked I am a tall/big person in general, so I am sorry if I blocked anyone's view.

When she threw out the balls there was a guy from Missouri who DOVE OVER THE RAILING TO GET A BALL!! It was hilarious you should have seen the look on Hikki's face she was like "OMG!". He got the ball and luckily he was okay. I got one of the drummer's drumsticks.

Posted on: 2010/2/3 7:43
Re:
UtadaNet Regular
A/S/L 18.f.usa
OMG so it was so much fun. i was in the front row but off to the side where this lil guy was dancing with the masks on. i met a few people and talked a lot about utada.

when DJ rizzo came on he was ok. i liked some of the songs but i was like "WHERE THE POOP IS UTADA???"

when she was on stage i thought i was going to cry but i didnt hehe! it was so awsome i was jumping as high as i could! then when she got to "You Make me Want to be a Man" she came over to my side and the part where it says "I really wanna tell you something this is just the way i am" she pointed at me and we basically sang to each other that whole line... PERFECT!

another good part is when the guitarist kept looking at me... omg he was sooooooooooooooooooo hottt i motioned for his glasses but at first he didnt give them to me and i was like poop then he threw guitar picks and i didnt even get one!!! :(

but over all i want to go back and see her again!
Posted on: 2010/2/3 8:10
  •  tempest_phoenix
      tempest_phoenix
Re:
Addicted to Hikki
A/S/L 22/M/NorthernIreland
You have some cheek Pips...i like it. Well if security is going to be really tight and there's the possibility of being frisked i'm going to wear ill-fitting clothes that look suspicious so maybe i'll get some "special" treatment You should do the same Pips, it'll make the night all the more memorable! It's one of the highlights of going to the airport in my opinion...
Posted on: 2010/2/3 8:23
  •  Ephy
      Ephy
Re:
UtadaNet Newbie
A/S/L 20/Female/Indiana
Whoever that guy was that was dancing in the mask up on stage with the DJ was on.. I give him some mad props. It sounds like a good portion of you were standing right near where I was. xD I was towards the front on stage right.

I started off near the middle with the only people that were dancing when the DJ was on. It made that hour pass a little more quickly thankfully.

I woke up and felt it. t was a little bit of a tight squeeze so I was contorting in weird ways most the night around people. xD My voice.. it is almost gooone.

I wish I had the money to do that fast pass, it just pissed me off that people who showed up a half hour before the concert got better seats than me when I was waiting outside since 4:30. v_v Lots of people we were standing with in line were not too pleased.

Security was hells tight.. guys got patted down and females got wanded. They had to look in my purse cause they felt it up.. I got tired of them feeling around and finally just emptied it out for them to look at it. They were questioning my inhaler for awhile I guess. xD My friend I went with tried to sneak in her camera in her shoes and it ended up getting caught. Boo. I got one picture. Waited until the last song to do it so even if I got caught it wouldn't be a big deal.
Posted on: 2010/2/3 8:47
  •  minmi
      minmi
Re:
UtadaNet Newbie
A/S/L 19/male/chicago
well i loved the experience i had at the HOB Chicago....
I showed up around 2 pm, I was a black guy wearing heels and earrings and a blinding shirt,,,HAHA,,,,I did the "pass the line" after waiting for a friend, then we got in line inside thank god. Security was not bad at all actually compared to other events i have been to. In line i met a couple of very cool people! When it came time to get a spot though my friends ran up and got us a good spot. so was in the second standing row on the railing right in the center,,,I was next to two very nice brothers LMAO they were so cute and funny!!

On Utada she was amazing,,,I never expected her to sound better than on her recordings when singing live. I like how all the songs were like made more rock sounding,,,and i thought the bass was on point!! We made eye contact many many times. I thought i was going to explode.

One thing that did bother me and make me sad at the same time was there was this asian couple from Japan that was right behind me {in heels im 6'} so before the concert i made a comment that if they wanted to switch to let me know. Kind of jokingly but i was serious,,,but then some of the their friends came and then they all started talking in japanese, and me an my friend are both japanese majors {Im a third year and she is a fifth year} so we understood most of what they were saying. They were saying that i was too tall and that they wished i would move,,,and always saying i cant see i cant see why wont he just move. Then they like thought of different ways to ask me to move,,,,,but the thing is not only did i feel it was disrespectful to talk loudly about me in another language just because you think im a weebo, but the man behind me was violating my personal space A LOT,,,and they just nevere asked me to do anything. I really wanted to let the first couple stand in front of me but after their friends came i just couldnt do it. besides i have been there since 2. and in fact i think they caught one of the balls,,,
Posted on: 2010/2/3 9:01
  •  tennisguy56
      tennisguy56
Re:
UtadaNet Newbie
A/S/L 26/Male/Wisconsin
Wow, The concert was epic! My friend and I were a few rows back from the stage, so we had a perfect view. Utada looked stunning (has she lost weight?)! In terms of her set, I generally prefer her Japanese songs, so I'm happy she sang a few classics, my favorite being 'Passion' (it sounds so much better live). I only wish she would have sung 'Colors' or 'Beautiful World' instead of that random English cover song. Even 'Travelling' would have been better than that song...oh well. Overall, it was a great experience, but I started to get a little annoyed with the audience shouting out inane comments while Utada was trying to talk. I mean after about the twentieth time someone interrupted her to scream 'I love you!' at the top of their lungs, I was thinking 'seriously, nobody cares, get some self-restraint and let the woman talk!'. I guess I'm just used to going to concerts in Japan, where people are way more reserved. Some guy even shouted out 'kekkon shite kure' (will you marry me?), and Utada was like 'hmmm, I'm not sure if that would be a good idea...' haha. She's a pro. For people that going to her upcoming concerts, be prepared to wait...and wait...and wait...until your legs feel like their going to fall off... but trust me, it's worth it!
Posted on: 2010/2/3 10:34
 Top   Previous Topic   Next Topic
<1...9101112131415...22>