<1...10111213141516...22>
  •  Topic options
Poster Thread
  •  Steve_C
      Steve_C
Re:
UtadaNet Regular
A/S/L 18/M/London
"Patted"? Are you mad Pips?! I was kinda hoping for more of a full body cavity search to get the night started off right. Nothing says hikki like being probed.

I do hate this trend of letting people go first if they buy stuff. I've never seen things like that at UK venues.
Posted on: 2010/2/3 11:17
  •  cifoster
      cifoster
Re:
UtadaNet Newbie
A/S/L
Quote:

Ephy wrote:

Hmm... mad props to the very very VERY enthusiastic white guy up on the left balcony. That was.. wow. You were excited.

Yeah! That white guy was going nuts! I thought he was about to fall off the balcony, or something.
Posted on: 2010/2/3 11:38
  •  TengokuSan
      TengokuSan
Re: 'In The Flesh' - Chicago, IL! 2-Feb-2010
UtadaNet Newbie
A/S/L 29/M
ADMIN EDIT: PLEASE DONT DOUBLE POST

While all of you are talking about how you stood in line for several hours and blah blah blah. I got there at 8:30PM and I was pretty close to the front.

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y194/MrBadMoon/UtadaChicago.jpg

It was good to see many Japanese people and annoying to see the wannabe Japanese white and black kids.

I don't drink alcohol but I drank and got a little drunk.
My friends said I was extra crazy and funny because I talked to everyone around me.
I'm usually shy but when the few rare times I drink I get drunk easily.
I drank barely 1/4 a glass of Long Island and I was already buzzed

During the concert when it was real quiet after she finished a song I yelled out, kekkon shite (I just realized this "utada" website doesn't take japanese characters :rolling eyes: means, "Will you marry me?" in English. She heard me and looked at me. She translated to the crowd what I said in Japanese and she jokingly responded, "Hmm, that's a really tough decision, I can't give you an answer right now".

I met her after the concert at her hotel and she autographed my poster!

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y194/MrBadMoon/Utadasigned.jpg

I really enjoyed talking to this Japanese girl who lives near me. We spoke in Japanese and we both agree that wannabe Japanese kids who watch anime' and try so hard to act and look Japanese are highlly annoying.
Posted on: 2010/2/3 16:24
  •  PPP
      PPP
UtadaNet Newbie
A/S/L
Yea, I was surprised that there was ALOT of wannabe japanese black and white kids...And some homosexual people too which i find them pretty cool, they're so crazy. Everyone loves Utada's music.
Posted on: 2010/2/3 16:31
  •  STrying
      STrying
UtadaNet Newbie
A/S/L 20, F, Columbus OH
way to be a real a-hole. I saw only a few white and black people, and a lot of gays, and not many of them looked emo or like Japanese wannabes, or whatever. The black people I was near were seriously rocking out and appreciating her music, which is more than I can say for some creep who wants to marry someone they've never even met. Get a life you uppity piece of crap.
Posted on: 2010/2/3 17:11
  •  automatic_hikki
      automatic_hikki
UtadaNet Regular
A/S/L 39/F/Chicago Suburbs USA
Quote:

TengokuSan wrote:
While all of you are talking about how you stood in line for several hours and blah blah blah. I got there at 8:30PM and I was pretty close to the front.

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y194/MrBadMoon/UtadaChicago.jpg

It was good to see many Japanese people and annoying to see the wannabe Japanese white and black kids.

I don't drink alcohol but I drank and got a little drunk.
My friends said I was extra crazy and funny because I talked to everyone around me.
I'm usually shy but when the few rare times I drink I get drunk easily.
I drank barely 1/4 a glass of Long Island and I was already buzzed

During the concert when it was real quiet after she finished a song I yelled out, kekkon shite (I just realized this "utada" website doesn't take japanese characters :rolling eyes: means, "Will you marry me?" in English. She heard me and looked at me. She translated to the crowd what I said in Japanese and she jokingly responded, "Hmm, that's a really tough decision, I can't give you an answer right now".

I met her after the concert at her hotel and she autographed my poster!

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y194/MrBadMoon/Utadasigned.jpg

I really enjoyed talking to this Japanese girl who lives near me. We spoke in Japanese and we both agree that wannabe Japanese kids who watch anime' and try so hard to act and look Japanese are highlly annoying.

EDIT: Not worth my breath, or time to even respond. The folks in the other thread are doing a better job of it anyways.
Posted on: 2010/2/3 17:34
  •  Salomonis
      Salomonis
Hikki Fanatic
A/S/L 2777/M/Tennessee
OMG!!!
This was an awesome concert. It couldn't really be any better in that kind of venue as far as lights and acoustics go. I would have liked to have heard Traveling or Beautiful World, but I still loved it. She was very engaging and respectful and all around classy. I had perfect seats for what I wanted to do(yes I recorded the entire thing on an mp3).
If i decide to release the recording I'm giving it to 4Izzy for sure. You totally deserve it for going through that.

Apparently I was the only Tennesseean there, so i had to be crazy in representing. I was the one that screamed "Take On Me UTADA!!!"(double meaning intentional) Her response was hilarious... "WHAT!!!???"

Anyway the total time including the hour of Rizzo was 3 hours and 10 minutes.
She went to the Art Institute and missed part of a painting. It was really funny when she talked about it. She was like "Damn! I might have to go back tomorrow" then someone screamed "WHAT TIME ARE YOU GOING?" It was just very casual and I have to admit intimate even though I didn't think that would be possible at a tight security HOB.
Thank You Utada for finding a city that was cheap to fly into from Nashville and a reason to visit the cool city of Chicago(the Field Museum was free and had a diamond exhibit for 10)
BTW I brought a late birthday present to Utada, but I decided to leave it at the hotel cause I didn't want heat from security. It would have been a bottle of George Dickel Select(highest quality) whiskey. It's the best Tennessee whiskey and relatively unknown. I think of her when I have it cause it bothers me how the best isn't always the best known.
I hope the best for you Utada.
Posted on: 2010/2/3 17:59
  •  automatic_hikki
      automatic_hikki
UtadaNet Regular
A/S/L 39/F/Chicago Suburbs USA
Quote:

It would have been a bottle of George Dickel Select(highest quality) whiskey. It's the best Tennessee whiskey and relatively unknown. I think of her when I have it cause it bothers me how the best isn't always the best known.
I hope the best for you Utada.

That is awesome, and so true. Seeing all the different people at the concert made me realize how much this country is missing out. She could be huge in the US, but the spark never seems to explode.

I wonder if I can get some of that whiskey out here in Chicago?
Posted on: 2010/2/3 18:32
  •  Salomonis
      Salomonis
Hikki Fanatic
A/S/L 2777/M/Tennessee
General rules concerning the mp3.
IF I release it(AND I REPEAT IF), I won't release it until the tour is over. I'm not going to change that rule PERIOD
If you are wanting a cd quality recording this isn't for you, I did it so I would have a keepsake to remember.
This is also the first recording I have done with my mp3 player and didn't realize how sensitive the mic would pick it up. It literally got everything I said when I was behind it talking at different angles. I was tipsy because the reality that Utada was going to be in the same room was too much for me. I talked to a stranger next to me and yes you exagerate and sometimes lie concerning facts. This is called bar talk. I try to sing the songs sometime and my rythem isn't the best so don't expect perfect quality songs. My falscetto and off beat clapping is throughout the concert.
Posted on: 2010/2/3 18:52
  •  Salomonis
      Salomonis
Hikki Fanatic
A/S/L 2777/M/Tennessee
The bartender at HOB upstairs never heard of it, so it's probably hard to get up there in Chicagoland. I wish you luck in finding it.
Posted on: 2010/2/3 19:52
 Top   Previous Topic   Next Topic
<1...10111213141516...22>