Pips_Paradise
Re:
Insane Hikki Fan
A/S/L 18/F/London
Quote:

a_kikoo wrote:
Quote:

missc wrote:
It was such a good show. I was on the balcony but I didn't see the guy waving around, haha. There was this girl next to me that whipped out this huge digital SLR Nikon camera, I don't know how she got it in with such a tiny purse, I'd want to find those photos, it looked like she had a good zoom.

Before the show started we were talking to a guy and his wife, he apparently saw her when he was stationed in Japan for her United tour. Lucky guy I tell ya.

wow how is that possible?

i had my nikon d90 with me standing in line at the hawaii show... before they made it "no camera". all the staff saw me with it so i had to put it away once they put the signs up. which was such a bummer.

The security must have been in a coma I hope they employ similar types in O2 Islington or dwarfs and leprechauns who are serious underrepresented minority isn?t that a fact ... Tempest P ...and ?Friend? ...hope you are practicing in your ?masks?....waving those maracas ...no excuses on the night ...
Posted on: 2010/2/5 2:20
  •  Ephy
      Ephy
Re: 'In The Flesh' - Chicago, IL! 2-Feb-2010
UtadaNet Newbie
A/S/L 20/Female/Indiana
Quote:

STrying wrote:
way to be a real a-hole. I saw only a few white and black people, and a lot of gays, and not many of them looked emo or like Japanese wannabes, or whatever. The black people I was near were seriously rocking out and appreciating her music

Haha I think I know the guys you were talking about! These three people were standing next to my friend and I on the left. They were so awesome. I'm glad I was standing near people who were rocking out during the DJing. Stood right behind us in line. xD One of the guys put my friend on his back until security flashed their light on them. It was spiffy.

Mind you, I am very much white, but I have a love of Asian culture with my martial arts background and all that, but I'm not a wannabe. Sometimes I think people forget she has an English album and may not listen to her Japanese stuff like most people here. One guy I went with only liked her for TITO. She just has something that anyone can really like.
Posted on: 2010/2/5 7:10
  •  Amaterasu
      Amaterasu
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L 26/M/Canada
Thank you for your efforts describing the two oddities that went to this concert! It seems as though, thus far, that this is _the_ concert to have attended! If just for the crazy antics.

As for how the young lady got through with the huge camera in her purse -- she either has a dimensional bubble in there, or perhaps a secret and inconspicuous compartment.
Posted on: 2010/2/5 7:54
  •  Ephy
      Ephy
UtadaNet Newbie
A/S/L 20/Female/Indiana
I saw the lady with the DSLR floating around. She was up on the balcony at some point then she was towards the back of the room. She was right in the open so I am thinking she was there for some kind of photojournalism or had some kind of pass cause if I saw he right in the open I doubt she was even trying to hide it. xD
Posted on: 2010/2/5 9:43
  •  a_kikoo
      a_kikoo
UN Reporter
A/S/L 26/F
Quote:

Ephy wrote:
I saw the lady with the DSLR floating around. She was up on the balcony at some point then she was towards the back of the room. She was right in the open so I am thinking she was there for some kind of photojournalism or had some kind of pass cause if I saw he right in the open I doubt she was even trying to hide it. xD

well that makes sense then.
i wish i worked with the media lol.
Posted on: 2010/2/5 9:55
  •  Joshee0307
      Joshee0307
Re: Im the Kentucky Guy in the front lol
UtadaNet Newbie
A/S/L
Hey I'm glad to find another fan of Hikki from Kentucky. After simple and clean I yelled from the front row and asked her if shes ever been to Kentucky, but she hasnt lol. I thought it was great she kept talking about KY lol When she introduced her band and said the guy was a little farther then Kentucky, he was form Brazil.. Also when she forgot to introduce the drum guy in the back, Toku or something. She looked at me and said, when you asked me if I've ever been to Kentucky, I thought you asked me if I was going to merry Toku lol I finally had my dream come true. I was able to see and speak to UTADA!!! ")
Posted on: 2010/2/5 18:00
UtadaNet Newbie
A/S/L 23/M/NY
Quote:

a_kikoo wrote:
Quote:

Ephy wrote:

well that makes sense then.
i wish i worked with the media lol.

My fianc? and I were right beside her if you are referring to the girl (Japanese?) on the balcony with the bar behind us. She would hide the camera if the bouncer guy at the stairs came by...no idea how she snuck that beast in, but she was using it cautiously.

EDIT: also, did anyone else think 'DJ' Mike Rizzo was a joke? Seriously, I've heard amateurs make way better beats than that.
Posted on: 2010/2/5 20:46
  •  kliu22
      kliu22
Re: Im the Kentucky Guy in the front lol
UtadaNet Newbie
A/S/L
Quote:

Joshee0307 wrote:
Hey I'm glad to find another fan of Hikki from Kentucky. After simple and clean I yelled from the front row and asked her if shes ever been to Kentucky, but she hasnt lol. I thought it was great she kept talking about KY lol When she introduced her band and said the guy was a little farther then Kentucky, he was form Brazil.. Also when she forgot to introduce the drum guy in the back, Toku or something. She looked at me and said, when you asked me if I've ever been to Kentucky, I thought you asked me if I was going to merry Toku lol I finally had my dream come true. I was able to see and speak to UTADA!!! ")

i was like 2 ppl to ur left!! she got so close just to hear the question..i was like whoaaa xD
Posted on: 2010/2/6 2:22
  •  Salomonis
      Salomonis
Hikki Fanatic
A/S/L 2777/M/Tennessee
I don't know if he was meant to be a joke(I think he was trying to create that "casual feel"), but I was talking to a guy 2nd floor and we were saying that contest DJ hero would have probably been more entertaining for the crowd(the winner sees Utada backstage after show). The only DJ song I like was Dirty Desire. And the BEP was unoriginal. It had nothing new in it.
Posted on: 2010/2/6 13:14
UtadaNet Newbie
A/S/L 23/M/NY
Quote:

Salomonis wrote:
I don't know if he was meant to be a joke(I think he was trying to create that "casual feel"), but I was talking to a guy 2nd floor and we were saying that contest DJ hero would have probably been more entertaining for the crowd(the winner sees Utada backstage after show). The only DJ song I like was Dirty Desire. And the BEP was unoriginal. It had nothing new in it.

My fianc? (missc) and I were sitting at a table with another couple on the 3rd floor (the one with the balcony overlooking the center of the room and the bar behind us) and my fianc? jokingly mentioned that the DJ was probably playing DJ Hero and at the end a his score would pop up :) It would have been funny.
Posted on: 2010/2/6 18:59
 Top   Previous Topic   Next Topic
<1...12131415161718...22>