<1...13141516171819...22>
  •  Topic options
Poster Thread
  •  linari
      linari
Re: 'In The Flesh' - Chicago, IL! 2-Feb-2010
UtadaNet Regular
A/S/L
The show was fan-fucking-tastic!! I believe we had one of the coolest, most interactive crowds so far ;) She said that we were 'closer' -physically- to her than her other crowds at previous venues, and also we were more 'interactive' hahaha.

(BTW I was the guy who yelled out that I was from *Chiba* when she asked if people had come from Japan :)) I was wearing the yellow/black hoodie standing next to the black guy with the grey/black jacket on. I was in the front row on the right side, SO CLOSE TO HER O_O

Alot of peeps were yelling things out to her about how hot she was or about how they loved her/wanted to marry her. She took it so well too! LOL she also said she felt like a 'witch' wearing her black and white dress (with that AWESOME a-symmetrical black skirt btw) And right after that someone dude yelled out 'a SEXY witch!!' and the crowed just burst out laughing. The feeling for that show was just great! She talked to us quite often, and we talked back. She gave that story about how she went to the Chicago art museum the previous day and was looking for a hidden picture in one of the paintings, but couldn't find it. She was wondering what it was, and asked the crowd, of course she got an answer, it was a lady hidden in the painting or something, and then she said she'd 'Have to try going again' and then the 'suggestions' started rolling in from the crowd. For example 'Lets go together, tomorrow!!' and 'Let's go RIGHT NOW!!' lmao it was so cool, the crowd interaction at this venue. There was also quite a big mix of people there like others said. Black, white, asian, mixed, everything. It was nice to see the diversity of her fan base!

Her live voice was great, all my friends said she sounded better than her CD's. She changed the compositions and added things to spice things up and keep it all fresh. The band sounded great too. From where I was sitting the base was a BIT loud though, and at times it drowned out her voice, but I was in the front row on the right side so might be different for others. Overall though, FANTASTIC. I was so into it the whole time, cheering, clapping, head bangin' and all! I was able to make eye contact with her about twice, it was amazing, almost died right there...!!! My bf said she smiled at him, and my other friend was winked at!!! (faint)

And yes, props to the dancer with the white masks, he did get taken off the stage, but he was put right back in the crowd after that, all was ok! Also, the guy on the left balcony freakin' out, I noticed him too. (good job!!) hehe

I feel REALLY bad for the guy from Brazil, but in this case there really was nothing that could be done : ( I'd suggest directly calling the venue first before flying that far for a show that's strictly 17+. Sorry dude, as a fan you didn't deserve that shit!

Security for me was actually nice. I talked to them for a good 15 minutes while waiting to get into the music hall. They asked me questions about who Utada was and what kind of music she did.

Overall, amazing, amazing, amazing...DAMN! just great!!!
Posted on: 2010/2/7 16:46
UtadaNet Regular
A/S/L 16/Male/Brazil
Quote:

linari wrote:
I feel REALLY bad for the guy from Brazil, but in this case there really was nothing that could be done : ( I'd suggest directly calling the venue first before flying that far for a show that's strictly 17+. Sorry dude, as a fan you didn't deserve that shit!

Yes, thank you X3 I learned that the hard way, but I'm glad that at least I took a chance and got to meet some awesome people in line and stuff. I also got to learn a bit of how America works, because if it had been in Brazil and someone had flown all the way from Japan or Chicago to watch her, there's no way any age limit would keep the person away from the concert. I guess I was spoiled here in Brazil XD hahaha

But I'm happy to hear all the reviews from the fans, regardless :D I was mostly upset with the security, because I was only one of the fans who weren't let in, and seeing how they were treated, it would be selfish of me to just complain about myself, so I'm okay with what happened, I took a risk, and was unsuccessful, unfortunately, but my place in the concert became the place of another fan who was legally in the right place, so I don't mind XD haha Besides, I got to know a beautiful city that I never visited before and have no regrets ^^

I feel bad that some fans think I was expecting VIP treatment or whatnot for coming from so far, because I tried fighting for it, but knowing it was out of my reach, I'm just happy others had fun and I don't want others to find me irresponsible or cocky because I flew all the way there, it was just my last hope and I didn't want to miss it :( And if I missed it, it'd be because of the law XD hahaha
Posted on: 2010/2/7 17:02
  •  kBeetz
      kBeetz
UtadaNet Newbie
A/S/L
The best thing about the show was how interactive she was. I've been telling everyone about how I "had a conversation" with Utada.
Me: Come to St. Louis!
Utada: St. Louis?
Me: Yeah!
Utada: Well... I'll try!
Completely makes up for no merchandise! Great time.
Posted on: 2010/2/7 18:27
UtadaNet Newbie
A/S/L 23/M/NY
Quote:

linari wrote:
Security for me was actually nice. I talked to them for a good 15 minutes while waiting to get into the music hall. They asked me questions about who Utada was and what kind of music she did.

Overall, amazing, amazing, amazing...DAMN! just great!!!

The black guy (not to sound racist, sorry) who was holding us at the top of the stairs? He was funny as hell! Especially loved his R. Kelly joke :P I was on the left side of the stairs, 4th in line technically, behind the woman and two guys ahead of us. But yeah, HE was extremely funny, as was the girl holding the right side of the stairs :)
Posted on: 2010/2/7 19:49
UtadaNet Newbie
A/S/L 23/M/NY
Quote:

4lvy wrote:
Quote:

linari wrote:

I feel bad that some fans think I was expecting VIP treatment or whatnot for coming from so far, because I tried fighting for it, but knowing it was out of my reach, I'm just happy others had fun and I don't want others to find me irresponsible or cocky because I flew all the way there, it was just my last hope and I didn't want to miss it :( And if I missed it, it'd be because of the law XD hahaha

Not to sound rude, but you knew the age requirement was 17+. The tickets said so, the site said so, I mean, there was really no way of missing it. So, perhaps, indirectly, you were expecting VIP treatment since you fully knew you were not the required age to attend the concert but still showed up...
Posted on: 2010/2/7 19:53
  •  Salomonis
      Salomonis
Hikki Fanatic
A/S/L 2777/M/Tennessee
Were yall able to understand what I said down in the front when I yelled "TAKE ON ME UTADA!!!"? Everyone near me started laughing knowing what I said but she just responded "WHAT!!!???" So I don't know if it was a response of disbelief or one in which she didn't hear. Guess I'll never know. I thought it was funny and some others did. This was right before she talked about feeling like a witch. It was very lively and interactive for sure.
Posted on: 2010/2/7 20:02
  •  linari
      linari
UtadaNet Regular
A/S/L
Quote:

Salomonis wrote:
Were yall able to understand what I said down in the front when I yelled "TAKE ON ME UTADA!!!"? Everyone near me started laughing knowing what I said but she just responded "WHAT!!!???" So I don't know if it was a response of disbelief or one in which she didn't hear. Guess I'll never know. I thought it was funny and some others did. This was right before she talked about feeling like a witch. It was very lively and interactive for sure.

LOL I totally heard you say that too, but I was a bit confused as to what you meant! I know that song 'take on me' but what exactly were you trying to say?
Posted on: 2010/2/7 23:16
UtadaNet Regular
A/S/L 16/Male/Brazil
Quote:

Not to sound rude, but you knew the age requirement was 17+. The tickets said so, the site said so, I mean, there was really no way of missing it. So, perhaps, indirectly, you were expecting VIP treatment since you fully knew you were not the required age to attend the concert but still showed up...

I think that anything I say will still leave the situation up for interpretation but here we go X3

Like I mentioned before, I was actually going to the LA concert (which had no age restrictions), but there was a problem with my plane tickets and I couldn't make it and Chicago was my last chance, I was aware of the age restrictions but I didn't know it was because of the HoB's liquor license, so I thought I actually had a shot. I didn't know people actually served drinks at concerts.

I showed up at 1 PM, and waited in line just like everyone else, and 4 hours later I was told I couldn't go in, and even so I stayed in the House of Blues for a while to see if I could catch a bit of the sound that was going on inside, but it was too depressing and I decided to leave XD

By the time I realized the age restriction was about alcohol, I knew it was beyond me, and as much as I wanted to get in, I knew the HoB wouldn't give up their liquor license because of a fan from Brazil. A 15-year old girl also tried getting in with her sister and her father, I don't believe anyone who tried getting in and who was underaged wanted to be treated as VIP, we were very scared of not getting in, but at least we tried. I didn't want to just sit around and miss this chance :) So I went anyways, I didn't get in, but I tried :)

Sure, it's easy to tell me I should've called or anything like that, and I'm not saying it's not my bad, it's just that I was very upset about it, obviously, but that's basically the conclusion :)
Posted on: 2010/2/8 6:05
UtadaNet Newbie
A/S/L 23/M/NY
Quote:

4lvy wrote:
Quote:

I think that anything I say will still leave the situation up for interpretation but here we go X3

...I was aware of the age restrictions...

That about sums things up. At least you tried, but I don't see what the fuse and getting upset is all about...
Posted on: 2010/2/8 13:09
  •  Kumachang
      Kumachang
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L
Quote:

MisterDBarton wrote:
Quote:

4lvy wrote:
Quote:

...I was aware of the age restrictions...

That about sums things up. At least you tried, but I don't see what the fuse and getting upset is all about...

what's the problem? i think everyone would react this way... if there was a 24+ age restriction you'd complain yourself i mean, people get the hopes to see their idol for once and because of some silly restriction that isn't related with the singer at all...
besides, he wasn't complaining about the age restriction mainly, it was the rude staff that scandalized him... don't pretend to be the sage know-it-all, everyone may make a mistake or act in a way that others wouldn't approve of...
Posted on: 2010/2/8 13:29
 Top   Previous Topic   Next Topic
<1...13141516171819...22>