A/S/L 23/M/NY
Quote:

Kumachang wrote:
Quote:

MisterDBarton wrote:
Quote:

4lvy wrote:
Quote:

Not to sound rude, but you knew the age requirement was 17+. The tickets said so, the site said so, I mean, there was really no way of missing it. So, perhaps, indirectly, you were expecting VIP treatment since you fully knew you were not the required age to attend the concert but still showed up...

I think that anything I say will still leave the situation up for interpretation but here we go X3

...I was aware of the age restrictions...

That about sums things up. At least you tried, but I don't see what the fuse and getting upset is all about...

what's the problem? i think everyone would react this way... if there was a 24+ age restriction you'd complain yourself i mean, people get the hopes to see their idol for once and because of some silly restriction that isn't related with the singer at all...
besides, he wasn't complaining about the age restriction mainly, it was the rude staff that scandalized him... don't pretend to be the sage know-it-all, everyone may make a mistake or act in a way that others wouldn't approve of...

I wouldn't waste 100's of $'s for the off-chance of seeing my idol. I would have made sure that I'm going to actually be able to get in, that's all I'm saying.
Posted on: 2010/2/8 13:54
Re: 'In The Flesh' - Chicago, IL! 2-Feb-2010
UtadaNet Regular
A/S/L 16/Male/Brazil
Quote:

I wouldn't waste 100's of $'s for the off-chance of seeing my idol. I would have made sure that I'm going to actually be able to get in, that's all I'm saying.

"Not to sound rude" but how is it any of your concern how much anyone spends to see their idol? @_@ It's not about what you would do. This is what makes us different, this and the fact that I don't go around questioning international fans around forums.
Posted on: 2010/2/8 14:18
UtadaNet Newbie
A/S/L 23/M/NY
Quote:

4lvy wrote:
Quote:

"Not to sound rude" but how is it any of your concern how much anyone spends to see their idol? @_@ It's not about what you would do. This is what makes us different, this and the fact that I don't go around questioning international fans around forums.

You may claim that you're disappointed with the staff and service at the HoB, but the fact still remains that you tried attending a concert you didn't meet the age requirement for, when you knew full well what the required age was. When I was 15 I didn't try to get my license on the off chance that the DMV would let me, even though I know the age requirement is 16...

As for the staff, there's a curfew for the city, there was the issue with the alcohol license, there was the simple fact that it was clearly marked what the age requirement was and I'd imagine you standing in line knowing you're underage is a waste of time for the staff to deal with.
Posted on: 2010/2/8 14:34
UtadaNet Regular
A/S/L 16/Male/Brazil
Quote:

You may claim that you're disappointed with the staff and service at the HoB, but the fact still remains that you tried attending a concert you didn't meet the age requirement for, when you knew full well what the required age was. When I was 15 I didn't try to get my license on the off chance that the DMV would let me, even though I know the age requirement is 16...

As for the staff, there's a curfew for the city, there was the issue with the alcohol license, there was the simple fact that it was clearly marked what the age requirement was and I'd imagine you standing in line knowing you're underage is a waste of time for the staff to deal with.

Anything else?
Posted on: 2010/2/8 14:36
  •  Salomonis
      Salomonis
Hikki Fanatic
A/S/L 2777/M/Tennessee
Well... It has the meaning "please sing the song Take on Me" and it has the meaning of the song ( I shouldn't have to explain that, just listen or read the lyrics). Double meaning was intentional.
So if you heard it well then maybe she did, and she yelled "WHAT!!!???" as if she was incredulous. "What kind of crazy man would yell that!!!???"
Posted on: 2010/2/8 21:55
  •  Salomonis
      Salomonis
Hikki Fanatic
A/S/L 2777/M/Tennessee
I tend to think that 4Ivy's situation is different than just showing up trying to get in while underaged.

He HAD tickets to LA show and the flight was cancelled. IF HOB told him that his tickets would transfer for Chicago which had an age restriction while LA didn't, then HOB lied.

This is known as Aristotelian logic. It's rarer these days for people to think this way, and I wouldn't have known about it if I hadn't of graduated in philosophy. Basically speaking, tickets have an intrinsic value (that is if you have em you get in). If HOB said his tickets were good for Chicago and he couldn't get in, then the intrinsic value of the tickets has absolved. This completely defeats the purpose of transfering the tickets in the first place. Basically they cheated him.

But of course conditional logic dictates that nothing has intrinsic value. Value is dependent on the situation(it's relative). Technically the tickets were still good, but just not good for 4Ivy because he was 16. The law of 17+ supercedes the value. HOB didn't lie to him because HOB isn't responsible for the age of the owner, just the validity of the tickets as long as it follows the law.

Take your pick.
It's easier for me to see it from 4Ivy's perspective. A person's word supercedes written law because a person is living. This is the main reason I'm NOT a lawyer. Letter is given higher value than life. I get irritated thinking about it.

All that aside, they didn't card me when I ordered whiskey... TWICE!
Posted on: 2010/2/8 22:57
UtadaNet Regular
A/S/L 16/Male/Brazil
Quote:

Salomonis wrote:
I tend to think that 4Ivy's situation is different than just showing up trying to get in while underaged.

He HAD tickets to LA show and the flight was cancelled. IF HOB told him that his tickets would transfer for Chicago which had an age restriction while LA didn't, then HOB lied.

This is known as Aristotelian logic. It's rarer these days for people to think this way, and I wouldn't have known about it if I hadn't of graduated in philosophy. Basically speaking, tickets have an intrinsic value (that is if you have em you get in). If HOB said his tickets were good for Chicago and he couldn't get in, then the intrinsic value of the tickets has absolved. This completely defeats the purpose of transfering the tickets in the first place. Basically they cheated him.

But of course conditional logic dictates that nothing has intrinsic value. Value is dependent on the situation(it's relative). Technically the tickets were still good, but just not good for 4Ivy because he was 16. The law of 17+ supercedes the value. HOB didn't lie to him because HOB isn't responsible for the age of the owner, just the validity of the tickets as long as it follows the law.

Take your pick.
It's easier for me to see it from 4Ivy's perspective. A person's word supercedes written law because a person is living. This is the main reason I'm NOT a lawyer. Letter is given higher value than life. I get irritated thinking about it.

All that aside, they didn't card me when I ordered whiskey... TWICE!

Thank you for believing in me! ^^ Wow ~ Philosophy lessons! :D That's very interesting! ~
Posted on: 2010/2/9 1:19
Re:
UtadaNet Newbie
A/S/L
Quote:

Ephy wrote:
So I am not going to post much cause I just got home and it is 4 in the morning. Yawnyawnyawn. That was SUCH an amazing concert. Like insanely good. Woah good. Mind blown good. Some people may not have liked the bass but I loved it.

The one thing I did have a problem with is.. no offense meant or nothing.. but WTF is with the fast pass? That is house of blues getting greedy. I was waiting outside since 4:30.. in the cold and snow and I was literally 5 people from the front and then people who bought 15 dollars of stuff from HOB got to skip to the front. Was that how it was in the other venues?

My gratitude to those people who let a short blonde and a short asian stand in front of them! If you are on here, I owe you guys. This guy was like 6 foot ALOT and my friend and I are 5'1 and 5'3 and doomed. Once we stood in front of those guys it was great though.

Hmm... mad props to the very very VERY enthusiastic white guy up on the left balcony. That was.. wow. You were excited.

I'm wondering...were you standing next to me??? Because I remembered someone pointing that same person out to me. lol were you short and blonde?? I was short too and ppl put me in the front to see. I got there late...and didn't buy $15 worth of nothing. That guy made it really entertaining. Everyone did, even the guy with the mask.

Yea, me and my twin sis had a blast!!!! I couldn't believe I was seeing her in concert! Sorry ppl who hated it, but I was singing along with her and shouting out ridiculous nonsense! lol

But she sounds fabulous live, and she played all the music anyone could want, and was very personable, of course ppl are going to complain. I complained about no merchandise...But she gave the fans what they wanted and I'm just satisfied that she actually came to CHICAGO!!!

to that person who couldn't get in:
I did see three kids who must've come from far away, but didn't bring regular I.D. They brought school I.D.s I admit that security was rough, but they had to be because if they were too lenient on you, that would be unfair to the 16 year olds that wanted to purchase a ticket but knew they weren't allowed. You were no exception, except you stood in line and flew from Brazil. If they were too lenient, someone could push past them and go against them. You have to understand why they were being harsh. Ppl in Chi-town can get ugly and outright aggressive with security.....
Posted on: 2010/2/9 13:10
 Top   Previous Topic   Next Topic
<1...14151617181920...22>