Utada Net.com Forum Index
   Archived
     'In The Flesh' 2010 Tour
   'In The Flesh' - Chicago, IL! 2-Feb-2010

 

 Bottom   Previous Topic   Next Topic
<1...16171819202122>
  •  Topic options
Poster Thread
  •  Polyrhythm
      Polyrhythm
Re:
UN Reporter
Joined: 2009/8/18
A/S/L 17/M/Southern California
Posts: 171
Quote:

soratothamax wrote:
Quote:

4lvy wrote:
Quote:

soratothamax wrote:
Hey, I'm not saying you are. I'm saying that's what they were thinking. No one is saying you're a terrorist or that you intended to dupe them, but how was the venue going to know that when there are tons of teenagers who might have said the same thing? To them, if you're not of age, you are trying to trick them and pretend like you are. you stood in line hoping they would let you in like you were 17+. If all the 16 year olds flew in from all around the world, and the venue had age restrictions, what would they be thinking? Yea, they would say "these teens really love Utada", OR "these teens are trying to make us break our rules and challenge our venue. That would mean for future shows we'd have to lower the limits, and that would mean we have to take out the bar, because parents are going to complain. We might lose that bar business that draws ppl to Chicago, and it might make us suffer during this recession..." That's what THEY ARE thinking. It's all about the money.

Also, with all the terrorism going on in the US, the US is cracking down on security and rules. It's not your fault.

But this goes for future concerts, not just you, but never go anywhere that you don't know everything about. That's when dangerous stuff happens. I'm saying that out of concern. I have had a cousin that flew in from the states and went to a concert, and didn't know about the background of the place. She didn't know it was a bar, and got shot. It was rap concert, which rowdyness is key to rock and rap...but just be careful, okay?


I had my father there, so they certainly wouldn't have any issues with my parents, but I understand it's the law and whatnot, even though I had someone over the limit accompanying me and the laws in Chicago are very different from those of other places, even within the U.S.

I see your point of view now, thank you for the concern :) I appreciate it! ^^ I'm so sorry about what happened to your cousin :( I didn't know . . .


But you know what? I heard she's coming back to the US and going to bigger venues with a wide variety of ages. She said that she got many requests to add more ages, and go to bigger venues, and have bigger concerts. This was more like a cofee-house show with lights. But a REAL venue, is going to be better. you might enjoy that MUCH MORE than a restaurant tour, no?


Please, where did you here this!!!?
_________________

Signature made by me (DEEP RIVER from AHS Forum)
Graphics Shop
Posted on: 2010/2/9 16:18
Top
  •  a_kikoo
      a_kikoo
Re:
UN Reporter
Joined: 2009/8/18
A/S/L 26/F
Posts: 1151
Quote:

soratothamax wrote:
Quote:

4lvy wrote:
Quote:

soratothamax wrote:
Hey, I'm not saying you are. I'm saying that's what they were thinking. No one is saying you're a terrorist or that you intended to dupe them, but how was the venue going to know that when there are tons of teenagers who might have said the same thing? To them, if you're not of age, you are trying to trick them and pretend like you are. you stood in line hoping they would let you in like you were 17+. If all the 16 year olds flew in from all around the world, and the venue had age restrictions, what would they be thinking? Yea, they would say "these teens really love Utada", OR "these teens are trying to make us break our rules and challenge our venue. That would mean for future shows we'd have to lower the limits, and that would mean we have to take out the bar, because parents are going to complain. We might lose that bar business that draws ppl to Chicago, and it might make us suffer during this recession..." That's what THEY ARE thinking. It's all about the money.

Also, with all the terrorism going on in the US, the US is cracking down on security and rules. It's not your fault.

But this goes for future concerts, not just you, but never go anywhere that you don't know everything about. That's when dangerous stuff happens. I'm saying that out of concern. I have had a cousin that flew in from the states and went to a concert, and didn't know about the background of the place. She didn't know it was a bar, and got shot. It was rap concert, which rowdyness is key to rock and rap...but just be careful, okay?


I had my father there, so they certainly wouldn't have any issues with my parents, but I understand it's the law and whatnot, even though I had someone over the limit accompanying me and the laws in Chicago are very different from those of other places, even within the U.S.

I see your point of view now, thank you for the concern :) I appreciate it! ^^ I'm so sorry about what happened to your cousin :( I didn't know . . .


But you know what? I heard she's coming back to the US and going to bigger venues with a wide variety of ages. She said that she got many requests to add more ages, and go to bigger venues, and have bigger concerts. This was more like a cofee-house show with lights. But a REAL venue, is going to be better. you might enjoy that MUCH MORE than a restaurant tour, no?


Wow where did you hear this from?
I actually like the live house shows. They're much more intimate and personal. But I guess that limits age and number of people... a big tour would be awesome also. I think IDJ should promote her more before that happens though.
Posted on: 2010/2/9 16:44
Top
Re:
UtadaNet Newbie
Joined: 2010/2/9
A/S/L
Posts: 8
Quote:

a_kikoo wrote:
Quote:

soratothamax wrote:
Quote:

4lvy wrote:
Quote:

soratothamax wrote:
Hey, I'm not saying you are. I'm saying that's what they were thinking. No one is saying you're a terrorist or that you intended to dupe them, but how was the venue going to know that when there are tons of teenagers who might have said the same thing? To them, if you're not of age, you are trying to trick them and pretend like you are. you stood in line hoping they would let you in like you were 17+. If all the 16 year olds flew in from all around the world, and the venue had age restrictions, what would they be thinking? Yea, they would say "these teens really love Utada", OR "these teens are trying to make us break our rules and challenge our venue. That would mean for future shows we'd have to lower the limits, and that would mean we have to take out the bar, because parents are going to complain. We might lose that bar business that draws ppl to Chicago, and it might make us suffer during this recession..." That's what THEY ARE thinking. It's all about the money.

Also, with all the terrorism going on in the US, the US is cracking down on security and rules. It's not your fault.

But this goes for future concerts, not just you, but never go anywhere that you don't know everything about. That's when dangerous stuff happens. I'm saying that out of concern. I have had a cousin that flew in from the states and went to a concert, and didn't know about the background of the place. She didn't know it was a bar, and got shot. It was rap concert, which rowdyness is key to rock and rap...but just be careful, okay?


I had my father there, so they certainly wouldn't have any issues with my parents, but I understand it's the law and whatnot, even though I had someone over the limit accompanying me and the laws in Chicago are very different from those of other places, even within the U.S.

I see your point of view now, thank you for the concern :) I appreciate it! ^^ I'm so sorry about what happened to your cousin :( I didn't know . . .


But you know what? I heard she's coming back to the US and going to bigger venues with a wide variety of ages. She said that she got many requests to add more ages, and go to bigger venues, and have bigger concerts. This was more like a cofee-house show with lights. But a REAL venue, is going to be better. you might enjoy that MUCH MORE than a restaurant tour, no?


Wow where did you hear this from?
I actually like the live house shows. They're much more intimate and personal. But I guess that limits age and number of people... a big tour would be awesome also. I think IDJ should promote her more before that happens though.


She said so. She said it at the concert. She said she got many requests to perform in bigger venues, and have more ages, which creates more promotion. I guess people wanted this concert to be like the United Tour, which was at a bigger venue. The intimacy was great, but also squished. lol and standing up was a monster. Also, sound was too much at some instances. A bigger venue usually has more control on that kind of thing, ya know.
Posted on: 2010/2/9 18:49
Top
  •  Polyrhythm
      Polyrhythm
Re:
UN Reporter
Joined: 2009/8/18
A/S/L 17/M/Southern California
Posts: 171
So Utada Hikaru said....she will be coming back to US for another tour with bigger venues....this is basically what you mean right? Cause....this is really FREAKING EXCITING NEWS!
_________________

Signature made by me (DEEP RIVER from AHS Forum)
Graphics Shop
Posted on: 2010/2/9 19:27
Top
  •  Salomonis
      Salomonis
Re:
Hikki Fanatic
Joined: 2008/9/18
A/S/L 2777/M/Tennessee
Posts: 110
Hmmmmm. Not sure how I feel about this. Personally, I don't think her English songs can carry a DVD like her Japanese songs did for Utada United (I know there were a few English songs, but the majority of the songs were her "singles" from Japan).
And if she does a dvd for the States, how many of the songs would be Japanese? I think she needs to release one more English album before she does a big production tour in the states, and this of course depends on the success of TITO. That reminds me, I need to call and see if any Tennessee radio stations will play Dirty Desire.
Still I would LOVE a chance to see her again live.
Posted on: 2010/2/9 22:53
Top
  •  TengokuSan
      TengokuSan
Re: 'In The Flesh' - Chicago, IL! 2-Feb-2010
UtadaNet Newbie
Joined: 2010/1/15
A/S/L 29/M
Posts: 8
I met Utada and I'm Japanese. Those are 2 reasons you're boring me with your blather and you study so hard to be a Japanese weeabo. Good for you

The only non-Japanese people who know Utada are the weeabos like you that worship anime and have this misconception on "Japanese culture".

What kind of empty soul do you weeabos have to try so hard to be something you're not? LOL

Anyways, this website has obviously no Japanese people on it besides me and 3-4 other people. I won't be going on this wannabe site anymore and go back to the Japanese sites where you weeabos can't read Japanese and annoy us with your wannabe Japanese bullcrap
Posted on: 2010/2/11 14:07
Top
  •  a_kikoo
      a_kikoo
Re: 'In The Flesh' - Chicago, IL! 2-Feb-2010
UN Reporter
Joined: 2009/8/18
A/S/L 26/F
Posts: 1151
Quote:

TengokuSan wrote:
I met Utada and I'm Japanese. Those are 2 reasons you're boring me with your blather and you study so hard to be a Japanese weeabo. Good for you

The only non-Japanese people who know Utada are the weeabos like you that worship anime and have this misconception on "Japanese culture".

What kind of empty soul do you weeabos have to try so hard to be something you're not? LOL

Anyways, this website has obviously no Japanese people on it besides me and 3-4 other people. I won't be going on this wannabe site anymore and go back to the Japanese sites where you weeabos can't read Japanese and annoy us with your wannabe Japanese bullcrap



Whats wrong with you?
I met Utada & I'm Japanese too.
So what?
Yes its a big deal & all but that doesn't make you better than everyone else.

Japanese was my first language, does that make me a American wannabe for studying and learning English? I think there are more Japanese studying English than Americans studying Japanese.
Everyone can like Utada and enjoy her music. Not only anime lovers. Plus, she was born in New York which makes her American as well. Having interest in other culture gives people more character and a broad mind. Its a whole lot better than being racist.

If you're not comfortable or satisfied with this fansite then you should stick to the Japanese ones...
I use both to communicate & interact with other fans, not to talk trash and/or offend people.
Posted on: 2010/2/11 14:23
Top
Re: 'In The Flesh' - Chicago, IL! 2-Feb-2010
UtadaNet Regular
Joined: 2010/1/18
A/S/L 16/Male/Brazil
Posts: 23
Quote:

a_kikoo wrote:
I met Utada & I'm Japanese too.
So what?
Yes its a big deal & all but that doesn't make you better than everyone else.

Japanese was my first language, does that make me a American wannabe for studying and learning English? I think there are more Japanese studying English than Americans studying Japanese.
Everyone can like Utada and enjoy her music. Not only anime lovers. Plus, she was born in New York which makes her American as well. Having interest in other culture gives people more character and a broad mind. Its a whole lot better than being racist.

If you're not comfortable or satisfied with this fansite then you should stick to the Japanese ones...
I use both to communicate & interact with other fans, not to talk trash and/or offend people.


Don't worry about arguing with anybody who is so closed-minded about ethnicity and personal taste ^^ I was going to get it started but decided I've done too much discussing here XD haha and you basically said what I was going to say, that, judging from his point of view, he's an American wannabe. Even for liking Utada, because she's American and does American music as well as Japanese, he hasn't even been here long enough to judge the intentions of any member, besides, most of her international fans know her from "Simple And Clean". His statements have no true arguments.

Somebody needs to be very self-absorbed into their own ethnic background to say something like this X3 Unlike you!~ I agree with everything that you said! ^^
Posted on: 2010/2/11 14:35
Top
  •  Polyrhythm
      Polyrhythm
Re:
UN Reporter
Joined: 2009/8/18
A/S/L 17/M/Southern California
Posts: 171
Nah...just ignore that troll....it's only trolling around here cause it's troll thread got closed down. Can a mod please get rid of it indefinitely? Much appreciated.
_________________

Signature made by me (DEEP RIVER from AHS Forum)
Graphics Shop
Posted on: 2010/2/11 16:04
Top
  •  UTADAsRINGO
      UTADAsRINGO
Re:
UtadaNet Newbie
Joined: 2009/9/8
A/S/L
Posts: 5
I was there man I ... I cant form into words. Im a Black kid that grew up listning to AAliya When she died I felt so heart broking you see she died on my B-day I was sick it was raining and and I was supose to be on vacation? But yeah Hikki pulled me out a rut boy let me tell you I thogh I would give up on music then I saw a MTV speacial about her and That made me wonder A Japanese artist headling in america So I look her Up My First soag Sakura Drops WOWWWWWWWWWWW! When I finaly pick my jaw off the floor I had relize My music uporia was just the beging with her. An now that I seen wat I though was imposable Her playing here in chicago I have one thing to acomplish now more than ever and thats to meet her. OMG IT WAS SOOOOOOO AMAZING THE CONCERT WAS CROWDED BUT NO ONE CARED. Sacurity suck but I didnt let it stop me I was there and I seen a Angel on earth!
Posted on: 2010/2/13 18:26
Top
 Top   Previous Topic   Next Topic
<1...16171819202122>