<1...1516171819202122>
  •  Topic options
Poster Thread
  •  linari
      linari
Re:
UtadaNet Regular
A/S/L
AAAhhhh F### Chicago and its weather patterns in February... T__T According to the forecast thus far, 60% chance of ?snow showers? ie, its not gonna be so fun in line (and 30) They better let us wait inside, especially the fans that come early.
Posted on: 2010/1/25 21:47
  •  Holybelle
      Holybelle
Re:
UtadaNet Newbie
A/S/L
So, what time is everyone gonna start lining up? I mean, 30 degrees is the forecast... I hope we aren't outside in freezing rain.

That's gonna blow hard. Doors open at 7, so line up at 6?

First concert ever ;p
Posted on: 2010/1/25 18:13
  •  Conanophile
      Conanophile
Re: 'In The Flesh' - Chicago, IL! 2-Feb-2010
UtadaNet Newbie
A/S/L
So yeah, this lurker made an account because of the coming concert.

So, missing three days of class and enjoying a nice long ride from Alabama to Chicago. But everything will be worth it to see her live.

While I am happy that this long time dream of seeing her in concert is coming true, the screaming fangirl inside is asking selfish questions.

I've been looking everywhere and I haven't seen anything about there possibly being a meet and greet or autograph session at this concert. I read that at some of the other ones there was no merchandise for sale and that there were certain VIP tickets for at least on of the concerts.

So basically, since I have to leave the camera at home (D:) is there any hope that I could get at least one of my Utada Hikaru Album covers signed?

Totally wish I could bring in my camera...it would be an amazing thing to document my number 1 dream coming true. Ah, ten (+) years of waiting...seriously, I'm still in shock that I get to attend this event.
Posted on: 2010/1/25 13:28
  •  Salomonis
      Salomonis
Hikki Fanatic
A/S/L 2777/M/Tennessee
Now this is interesting. Corporate House of Blues(HQ LA) has no law concerning it. I called Chicago though, and I was told "absolutely not" by a phone rep. after it took literally 2 seconds for her to ask the manager. Whether she was honest or not, I miss the days when it was customary for a community to welcome artists with gift baskets that represent that community. Small things like that went a long way. Surprising that corporate has nothing concerning that. There are ways to make it reasonable for fans and artists without being a security risk, but it would require more effort. I guess my love for Utada's music will have to find another avenue of appreciation. Maybe an embarassing karaoke on youtube :D
Posted on: 2010/1/25 11:47
  •  linari
      linari
UtadaNet Regular
A/S/L
Quote:

Salomonis wrote:
I can see how it could be a security nightmare, but I don't think income has anything to do with it. Money doesn't equal knowledge or a higher quality of life. Theoretically it should, but it's not always the case, and also it's not necessarily the case that you get the best price for something. I'll call House of Blues first to see. I appreciate your concern.

Of course, money never is everything ;)
Posted on: 2010/1/24 21:40
  •  Salomonis
      Salomonis
Hikki Fanatic
A/S/L 2777/M/Tennessee
I can see how it could be a security nightmare, but I don't think income has anything to do with it. Money doesn't equal knowledge or a higher quality of life. Theoretically it should, but it's not always the case, and also it's not necessarily the case that you get the best price for something. I'll call House of Blues first to see. I appreciate your concern.
Posted on: 2010/1/24 20:50
  •  linari
      linari
UtadaNet Regular
A/S/L
Gift basket? I wouldn't bother with it. While it is a nice gesture, I'm sure security would never let you slip it to her without a fight! I don't think the house of blues themselves will be giving her anything. Showing up is your gift, that's all she needs! (considering her income level lmao...)

@the guy who got the last minute ticket:
As long as the ticket is legit and from Livenation, and you get there before it goes overcapacity, I don't see a problem.
Posted on: 2010/1/24 20:22
  •  Salomonis
      Salomonis
Hikki Fanatic
A/S/L 2777/M/Tennessee
Kinda changing the subject, but what songs(even though the playlist is already set) do you want her to sing? My vote is for Rizzo version of Dirty Desire, U2 With Or Without You cover, and Take on Me A-Ha cover. Doubtful she'll do any of these but I can dream right?
Posted on: 2010/1/24 19:59
  •  Salomonis
      Salomonis
Hikki Fanatic
A/S/L 2777/M/Tennessee
Will be there. Coming from Alabama. Does anyone know if House of Blues will have a gift basket for Utada? I don't want to look too weird for bringing a token of appreciation. I truly never thought I'd be able to see her live. I'm soooo psyched.
Posted on: 2010/1/24 19:51
  •  Holybelle
      Holybelle
UtadaNet Newbie
A/S/L
So, is the Chicago show sold out?

I'm assuming not, since I just bought (Jan 23rd, 10:34 PM) 1 ticket for myself off of the LiveNation website for 35 USD.

I'm only asking because I'm flying up from Key West, FL to see the show- and I won't schedule the flight/hotel if I have this ticket due to a glitch.

Any help would be appreciated. I'm apparently "Seat 10, Row G53".

Thanks.
Posted on: 2010/1/23 19:35
 Top   Previous Topic   Next Topic
<1...1516171819202122>