<1234567...22>
  •  Topic options
Poster Thread
  •  Polyrhythm
      Polyrhythm
Re:
UN Reporter
A/S/L 17/M/Southern California
So Utada Hikaru said....she will be coming back to US for another tour with bigger venues....this is basically what you mean right? Cause....this is really FREAKING EXCITING NEWS!

Signature made by me (DEEP RIVER from AHS Forum)
Graphics Shop
Posted on: 2010/2/9 19:27
Re:
UtadaNet Newbie
A/S/L
Quote:

a_kikoo wrote:
Quote:

soratothamax wrote:
Quote:

4lvy wrote:
Quote:

soratothamax wrote:
Hey, I'm not saying you are. I'm saying that's what they were thinking. No one is saying you're a terrorist or that you intended to dupe them, but how was the venue going to know that when there are tons of teenagers who might have said the same thing? To them, if you're not of age, you are trying to trick them and pretend like you are. you stood in line hoping they would let you in like you were 17+. If all the 16 year olds flew in from all around the world, and the venue had age restrictions, what would they be thinking? Yea, they would say "these teens really love Utada", OR "these teens are trying to make us break our rules and challenge our venue. That would mean for future shows we'd have to lower the limits, and that would mean we have to take out the bar, because parents are going to complain. We might lose that bar business that draws ppl to Chicago, and it might make us suffer during this recession..." That's what THEY ARE thinking. It's all about the money.

Also, with all the terrorism going on in the US, the US is cracking down on security and rules. It's not your fault.

But this goes for future concerts, not just you, but never go anywhere that you don't know everything about. That's when dangerous stuff happens. I'm saying that out of concern. I have had a cousin that flew in from the states and went to a concert, and didn't know about the background of the place. She didn't know it was a bar, and got shot. It was rap concert, which rowdyness is key to rock and rap...but just be careful, okay?

I had my father there, so they certainly wouldn't have any issues with my parents, but I understand it's the law and whatnot, even though I had someone over the limit accompanying me and the laws in Chicago are very different from those of other places, even within the U.S.

I see your point of view now, thank you for the concern :) I appreciate it! ^^ I'm so sorry about what happened to your cousin :( I didn't know . . .

But you know what? I heard she's coming back to the US and going to bigger venues with a wide variety of ages. She said that she got many requests to add more ages, and go to bigger venues, and have bigger concerts. This was more like a cofee-house show with lights. But a REAL venue, is going to be better. you might enjoy that MUCH MORE than a restaurant tour, no?

Wow where did you hear this from?
I actually like the live house shows. They're much more intimate and personal. But I guess that limits age and number of people... a big tour would be awesome also. I think IDJ should promote her more before that happens though.

She said so. She said it at the concert. She said she got many requests to perform in bigger venues, and have more ages, which creates more promotion. I guess people wanted this concert to be like the United Tour, which was at a bigger venue. The intimacy was great, but also squished. lol and standing up was a monster. Also, sound was too much at some instances. A bigger venue usually has more control on that kind of thing, ya know.
Posted on: 2010/2/9 18:49
  •  a_kikoo
      a_kikoo
Re:
UN Reporter
A/S/L 26/F
Quote:

soratothamax wrote:
Quote:

4lvy wrote:
Quote:

soratothamax wrote:
Hey, I'm not saying you are. I'm saying that's what they were thinking. No one is saying you're a terrorist or that you intended to dupe them, but how was the venue going to know that when there are tons of teenagers who might have said the same thing? To them, if you're not of age, you are trying to trick them and pretend like you are. you stood in line hoping they would let you in like you were 17+. If all the 16 year olds flew in from all around the world, and the venue had age restrictions, what would they be thinking? Yea, they would say "these teens really love Utada", OR "these teens are trying to make us break our rules and challenge our venue. That would mean for future shows we'd have to lower the limits, and that would mean we have to take out the bar, because parents are going to complain. We might lose that bar business that draws ppl to Chicago, and it might make us suffer during this recession..." That's what THEY ARE thinking. It's all about the money.

Also, with all the terrorism going on in the US, the US is cracking down on security and rules. It's not your fault.

But this goes for future concerts, not just you, but never go anywhere that you don't know everything about. That's when dangerous stuff happens. I'm saying that out of concern. I have had a cousin that flew in from the states and went to a concert, and didn't know about the background of the place. She didn't know it was a bar, and got shot. It was rap concert, which rowdyness is key to rock and rap...but just be careful, okay?

I had my father there, so they certainly wouldn't have any issues with my parents, but I understand it's the law and whatnot, even though I had someone over the limit accompanying me and the laws in Chicago are very different from those of other places, even within the U.S.

I see your point of view now, thank you for the concern :) I appreciate it! ^^ I'm so sorry about what happened to your cousin :( I didn't know . . .

But you know what? I heard she's coming back to the US and going to bigger venues with a wide variety of ages. She said that she got many requests to add more ages, and go to bigger venues, and have bigger concerts. This was more like a cofee-house show with lights. But a REAL venue, is going to be better. you might enjoy that MUCH MORE than a restaurant tour, no?

Wow where did you hear this from?
I actually like the live house shows. They're much more intimate and personal. But I guess that limits age and number of people... a big tour would be awesome also. I think IDJ should promote her more before that happens though.
Posted on: 2010/2/9 16:44
  •  Polyrhythm
      Polyrhythm
Re:
UN Reporter
A/S/L 17/M/Southern California
Quote:

soratothamax wrote:
Quote:

4lvy wrote:
Quote:

soratothamax wrote:

Please, where did you here this!!!?

Signature made by me (DEEP RIVER from AHS Forum)
Graphics Shop
Posted on: 2010/2/9 16:18
Re:
UtadaNet Regular
A/S/L 16/Male/Brazil
Quote:

OMG, that'd be awesome *-* ! I hope she really does tour in big venues now!~ And throw us like some mega production like Utada United *-*

Ahh~ Hikki, she procrastinates with her tours, but once she starts them, we all know she has fun! XD
Posted on: 2010/2/9 16:10
Re:
UtadaNet Newbie
A/S/L
Quote:

4lvy wrote:
Quote:

soratothamax wrote:

Posted on: 2010/2/9 16:04
Re:
UtadaNet Regular
A/S/L 16/Male/Brazil
Quote:

soratothamax wrote:
Quote:

4lvy wrote:
Quote:

soratothamax wrote:
to that person who couldn't get in:
I did see three kids who must've come from far away, but didn't bring regular I.D. They brought school I.D.s I admit that security was rough, but they had to be because if they were too lenient on you, that would be unfair to the 16 year olds that wanted to purchase a ticket but knew they weren't allowed. You were no exception, except you stood in line and flew from Brazil. If they were too lenient, someone could push past them and go against them. You have to understand why they were being harsh. Ppl in Chi-town can get ugly and outright aggressive with security.....

I understand :) Except I'm not from Chinatown if I'm from Brazil XD hahah but I understand what you mean, but they truly were being very rude, independent of who it was they were talking to, and if the violent people didn't get violent from the chaos, they would certainly get violent from the way they were being treated. Just like people think I shouldn't have come all the way to POSSIBLY see the concert, the security shouldn't have treated the fans rudely with the POSSIBILITY they would be violent, no?

I know you're trying to clear things up for me and I totally respect that, because you're being very sweet and still getting your point across, so I thank you ~ It's very thoughtful ^^ It's just that all is done now and there's nothing any of us can do, so telling me I wouldn't get in isn't exactly necessary, since I witnessed that first-hand.

Thank you for your clarification, though, and for being so cool about it! ^^

BTW Chi-Town is the nickname of Chicago...lol

Ooh, XD hahahaha just the other day I heard from a friend that the Chinatown of Chicago was very dangerous and stuff so I got that stuck in my head, that's why I assumed Chi-town stands for Chinatown XD hahah sorry for the misunderstanding X3

So many things to learn about this cold (Chi-)town of Chicago ~ XD
Posted on: 2010/2/9 16:04
Re:
UtadaNet Newbie
A/S/L
Quote:

4lvy wrote:
Quote:

soratothamax wrote:
to that person who couldn't get in:
I did see three kids who must've come from far away, but didn't bring regular I.D. They brought school I.D.s I admit that security was rough, but they had to be because if they were too lenient on you, that would be unfair to the 16 year olds that wanted to purchase a ticket but knew they weren't allowed. You were no exception, except you stood in line and flew from Brazil. If they were too lenient, someone could push past them and go against them. You have to understand why they were being harsh. Ppl in Chi-town can get ugly and outright aggressive with security.....

I understand :) Except I'm not from Chinatown if I'm from Brazil XD hahah but I understand what you mean, but they truly were being very rude, independent of who it was they were talking to, and if the violent people didn't get violent from the chaos, they would certainly get violent from the way they were being treated. Just like people think I shouldn't have come all the way to POSSIBLY see the concert, the security shouldn't have treated the fans rudely with the POSSIBILITY they would be violent, no?

I know you're trying to clear things up for me and I totally respect that, because you're being very sweet and still getting your point across, so I thank you ~ It's very thoughtful ^^ It's just that all is done now and there's nothing any of us can do, so telling me I wouldn't get in isn't exactly necessary, since I witnessed that first-hand.

Thank you for your clarification, though, and for being so cool about it! ^^

BTW Chi-Town is the nickname of Chicago...lol
Posted on: 2010/2/9 16:01
Re:
UtadaNet Regular
A/S/L 16/Male/Brazil
Quote:

soratothamax wrote:

Posted on: 2010/2/9 16:00
Re:
UtadaNet Newbie
A/S/L
Quote:

4lvy wrote:
Quote:

soratothamax wrote:
well, I think they got mad because they felt you were trying to dup them, or trick them. you stood in line instead of calling the venue hoping they would be lenient on you out of all the 16 year olds that may have showed up and stood in line a long time and flew all the way there. They figured you were a crazed fan who had no respect for the rules, that's why they got rough with you. They could've been "sensitive" but then just about anybody would've been able to come on in, whether a year younger, or two. You give one person an inch, they'll take it a mile. With all the terrorism happening because ppl want to be SO SENSITIVE, we've had thousands of people killed. So, please know where you're going before you go, and be extra prepared when you do. You should never go somewhere you know nothing about. what are they supposed to do? Well, a grown-up person would know that if you try to dup somebody, that's enough for them to get mad. There are no exceptions to the rules if everybody decided to play the fool.

I do feel bad your experience turned out like that. But you probably need to consider to play by the rules, or don't play the game. If you're playing a game, you don't want anyone to try to find loop holes to cheat do you? If they see you try, they would not respect you, and think of you as a liar, no matter where you come from.

Wait a second, if I was trying to dupe them at all, I would've brought a fake ID. I wasn't duping anybody. I don't know where you're coming from comparing my situation to terrorists, but some people seem to have a problem with me being fine with my position of being placed out of the concert. The reason they presented was senseless to me, but that's beside the point.

The part you don't seem to understand is the part where I tried to watch Utada live but didn't make it, and that's all there is to it. I wasn't playing any games, all I wanted to was to watch her live, and I didn't make it, PERIOD. Why are people digging up all this stuff that didn't happen or what their interpretation is?! I explained everything over and over and yet people are comparing me to terrorists and trying to get attention by announcing that in any space they find when really, it won't make a difference now. The concert was a week ago and we're still getting on with this?! Why don't you focus on the fans who did make it and are so happy they watched Utada live?! My report was written long before they ever came out of the concert, they should be making the news now.

I apologize to all the fans who keep having to read whatever it is I have to say to explain myself, I honestly have nothing else to say if people are too busy comparing me to terrorists and can't see that I'm just an international fan who wanted to watch Utada live and wasn't able to make it and still has to deal with others telling me stuff that isn't exactly new by now. If you don't have anything constructive to say, I don't know why you're replying to me and causing a mess in a forum about this deal. If you'd like, send me a PM instead of commenting on my blog and then going off to forums to tell me the same thing.

Posted on: 2010/2/9 15:54
 Top   Previous Topic   Next Topic
<1234567...22>