A/S/L
I'm wondering how big the explosion was when she sang "On and on "
Posted on: 2010/1/25 21:20
  •  yvliew
      yvliew
Re:
Hikki Fanatic
A/S/L
What's wrong ppl or San Francisco!! You guys has the least photos of hikki compared to other 3 locations! Where are the pics?? Pls share!! Thanks!
Posted on: 2010/1/25 21:48
  •  angelhalo
      angelhalo
Re:
UtadaNet Newbie
A/S/L
Quote:

a_kikoo wrote:
since everyone couldn't see it, i uploaded it to my photobucket. this photo does not belong to me.

Hey I took this! I think someone got it off Twitter. I put it there and on Facebook only. Kind of a shock seeing it here, I've actually been lurking in the forum looking up info pre-tour but it's ok because now I registered!

Hope it's ok if I write a quick review.

Anyway, first off I'd like to say that Utada's show was AMAZING, I've seen a handful of shows, mostly mainstream US pop artists like Lady Gaga and Justin Timberlake, NSync, ect, so I'm used to seeing large stadium tours. This was the smallest show I've ever been to for such a "superstar." Intimate was probably the right word to describe it, and I never knew someone could be so good on stage.

To me, Sakura Drops, First Love, Merry Christmas Mr. Lawrence, Kremlin Dusk & Simple and Clean were absolutely worth 5x the ticket cost. Those are my favorite songs by Utada and I'm so glad she preformed them! My favorite part was when she played the pinao for Sakura Drops. I was a little sad she changed the last 1/3rd of Simple and Clean a bit and didn't do my favorite part of the song, I'm not sure how to describe it really, but she didn't do that part where she kind of hums along to the music. All of these songs went by so fast, it was like a dream, I wish I could see her preform them over and over again. (Midway through the show, I said to my friend, "PLEASE let's go to Las Vegas so I can see her preform First Love again.!")

Utada talked to the crowd a little bit about visiting San Francisco, she said she walked around the pier a bit and enjoyed the rain. I wanted to ask her if she got recognized, but I felt that while she took out her headset during these interludes, she didn't really respond back to the questions/comments that were yelled at her, except for the part where she talked about getting a smoothie and someone yelled out "SMOOTHIE" and then she did a cheer for smoothies (is this an inside joke of some sort? I thought it was cute so let me know if there's more to this story).

I have to admit that I'm not the biggest Utada follower compared to most people here (or my friend who asked me to go along with her to the tour, I'm so glad she asked me!), so I had to learn some of her songs for the first time once the setlist was released last week, but it was fun to see her preform everything, even the songs that weren't my favorite, she made better live. Utada has so much emotion on stage, and now whenever I listen to any of the songs she preformed I'll always remember her on stage. I felt that her voice was perfect, almost too-perfect all night, and CD-quality the entire time. (But no, she wasn't lip-syncing, as proved by the microphone coming unplugged incident, and also that she was ad-libbing. I did notice she was singing against a background track, but that's normal.)

About the cameras - we were told that the artist and management had requested a strict no-recording/camera policy, so they asked everyone at the door if you had a camera, and if you were honest apparently they confiscated your camera and you got it back at the end of the show. I'm sure that 95% of cameras still got snuck in but I did speak with a guy who gave up his camera at the door. When the show started, people started pulling out cameras all around me, lol. A few people got the light shined in them by security as a warning, but I didn't see any cameras get taken away, and I was probably about 5 rows back from the front. Most people put away their cameras really quickly but some people were still trying to take cell phone photos and recordings all around me.

I didn't want to get in trouble so I didn't try to take a picture the entire night. And after the encore, the last song, and the baseballs (love the message on the baseballs, GO UTADA!!), the lights came on in the building and Utada was saying goodbye for the last time, I realized that it was now or never, so I grabbed out my camera, was totally obvious about it, and snapped one picture that I can't believe actually came out! I figured by then it wouldn't matter if security yelled at me because the show was already over.

And what was really funny is that as soon as Utada left the stage, a hundred cameras came out of hiding and everyone took photos of their friends with the stage in the background, so obviously security didn't care anymore...

I wish that the Fillmore served food, or maybe they did an I didn't see it, I skipped dinner and was so hungry by the end! But I went to bed still humming Utada songs so it was all worth it.

PS. As a side note, if you can - get there early. I think people who were there at 2:30 were in the second row. People who were there from 4-4:30 were in the fifth-six row or so. By an hour before the doors opened, at 6, the line was already around the block, and if you came after 7 you'd be in the back, but even the back's not that bad.

I missed out on the poster too, oh well. Was in line for coat check, dashed out as soon as I heard about the posters, but missed them by at least 10 minutes, oh well. I wish they printed enough posters for everyone at the show, how hard would that have been?

Ooh this review got so long!

Anyway it's so much fun to read everyone else's experiences so keep them coming :)
Posted on: 2010/1/25 22:32
  •  a_kikoo
      a_kikoo
Re:
UN Reporter
A/S/L 26/F
angelhalo - yeah sorry. i found it on mixi which is a japanese networking site. i didn't know who it belonged to. and there wasn't any photos of san francisco here so i put it up. but im glad to find its owner. sorry again.
Posted on: 2010/1/25 23:12
  •  sokuri
      sokuri
Re:
Hikki Fanatic
A/S/L 25/F/Kobe, Japan
Quote:

yvliew wrote:
What's wrong ppl or San Francisco!! You guys has the least photos of hikki compared to other 3 locations! Where are the pics?? Pls share!! Thanks!

The security guards were like hawks! Literally I tell you..Two guys were standing on a balcony on the second story looking down and flashing anyone who had a camera...so u had to be especially sneaky...I think that's why there's not as many pics....

Quote:

amaya_black_wings wrote:
I was at the FREAKISHLY amazing concert last night!

Squished towards the right side front with a really tall guy standing in front of me and a gay couple going at it next to me, but it was really worth it to actually see Utada for the first time ever : DDD

I was RIDICULOUSLY lucky to be able to get a kuma ball! (It sailed over my head, bounced off a few people, rolled towards my feet, and I snatched it up.) I still glance over to where it's sitting to confirm that it's actually there XDDD

I have pictures of all the stuff I got last night on my livejournal, so here's the link~

http://hageshii-ame.livejournal.com/5957.html#cutid1

just when I thought I couldn't love her anymore she goes and writes "legalize gay M." on your kuma-chan ball!!! I have the opening to Sakura Drops on my phone but of course I filmed it sideways and don't have the patience to figure out how to rotate a video...Anyways..the video quality isnt great and its only 10 sec long but it was prob my fav moment of the whole concert...it was sooo pretty!!! hope you enjoy!

Sakura Drops - Opening

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kj92xy6Or1o

oh and they better release a DVD of this concert! I like most of these songs better live!
Posted on: 2010/1/25 23:25
  •  angelhalo
      angelhalo
Re:
UtadaNet Newbie
A/S/L
Quote:

a_kikoo wrote:
angelhalo - yeah sorry. i found it on mixi which is a japanese networking site. i didn't know who it belonged to. and there wasn't any photos of san francisco here so i put it up. but im glad to find its owner. sorry again.

No need to apologize it's fine! :) It's kind of cool how stuff travels on the internet! I was planning on posting it myself once I stopped lurking, this just brought me out faster.

Sokuri, thanks for the 10 second vid! Her voice sounds so haunting. I like how the cheers start in at the end.
Posted on: 2010/1/26 0:01
  •  CrescentLupin9
      CrescentLupin9
Re:
Insane Hikki Fan
A/S/L 24/F/CA
Quote:

amaya_black_wings wrote:
I was at the FREAKISHLY amazing concert last night!

Squished towards the right side front with a really tall guy standing in front of me and a gay couple going at it next to me, but it was really worth it to actually see Utada for the first time ever : DDD

I was RIDICULOUSLY lucky to be able to get a kuma ball! (It sailed over my head, bounced off a few people, rolled towards my feet, and I snatched it up.) I still glance over to where it's sitting to confirm that it's actually there XDDD

I have pictures of all the stuff I got last night on my livejournal, so here's the link~

http://hageshii-ame.livejournal.com/5957.html#cutid1

Hey i think i know you~! I think you were the girl behind me :"D the one that caught the baseball ne? :"D i was the one with the white beret hat :"D

Congrats on getting that ball~! :3
Posted on: 2010/1/26 0:48
  •  JudgeJamster
      JudgeJamster
Re:
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L 18 / M / Salem, Oregon
WOW, so many people have posted since I last checked, lol. So all I can say is it sounds like San Fran was amazing as well! Loved reading all of your guys posts/experiences. Hikki looks great in that black dress, really gives her a rocker kind of look! Also congrats to those who got the Kuma Balls. I really wish I could have gotten one back at Seattle.

Also, massive respect to Utada for writing the "legalize gay m." on the Kuma ball. That was really cool of her to do that!
Posted on: 2010/1/26 2:06
  •  Kimoto
      Kimoto
Re:
UtadaNet Newbie
A/S/L
Quote:

ust when I thought I couldn't love her anymore she goes and writes "legalize gay M." on your kuma-chan ball!!! I have the opening to Sakura Drops on my phone but of course I filmed it sideways and don't have the patience to figure out how to rotate a video...Anyways..the video quality isnt great and its only 10 sec long but it was prob my fav moment of the whole concert...it was sooo pretty!!! hope you enjoy!

oops really? That's our Hikki
Posted on: 2010/1/26 2:43
  •  draconx
      draconx
Re:
UtadaNet Newbie
A/S/L
hello all! :). Utada did such an amazing job!. im soooo glad i went!. first concert i've ever been to and it was utada.. i will always remember this!. I have a few videos i took on my iphone. on is 20 mins long and the other is 12 and 4mins long. the quality is not that great (the bass hits HARD lol) but they are videos.. im going to try to edit them and turn them sidways for you all then upload them to youtube. :) (wonder if youtube will take them down?...). anyway just wanted to say Hi!. :).

ps. i was very sneaky lol. oh and i got some pictures. (one was taken off her. i need to edit the caption to give the people proper credit but for now its what its labeled as :)).

http://www.myspace.com/draconx << pictures and videos (2 as of now). check em out. add me if anyoen wants .

- shane
Posted on: 2010/1/26 2:46
 Top   Previous Topic   Next Topic
<1...1011121314151617>