<1...11121314151617>
  •  Topic options
Poster Thread
  •  JudgeJamster
      JudgeJamster
Re:
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L 18 / M / Salem, Oregon
Man, it sounds like they didn't really know what the heck they were doing until they were in the middle of doing it, lol. I guess now they have a better idea of everything so their getting more consistent.

Well, hopefully they are going to film it and make a DVD, cause I have a friend in Quebec who REALLY wanted to see her, but couldn't....and since I had to give up my camera, I couldn't get video or pics for him to see, so I'm hoping a DVD will come out where he will be able to see how great she was! Or she could just tour in Canada, lol.
Posted on: 2010/1/23 2:05
  •  a_kikoo
      a_kikoo
Re:
UN Reporter
A/S/L 26/F
Hm, maybe they're going to shoot one in NY or London. If they're going to make a DVD, I wish they'd put clips of every show... doubt it though. I didn't see any professionals taking videos of her in Hawaii. There are so many people out there who missed this opportunity. Hopefully this tour will make her want to do more shows in the near future.
Posted on: 2010/1/23 2:09
  •  JudgeJamster
      JudgeJamster
Re:
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L 18 / M / Salem, Oregon
Personally, I think there is a very good chance that she will tour again. While she was talking with the audience at Seattle, she mentioned that after doing a couple shows already and not having done all this in 3 and half years, that is felt good to be back touring and performing for crowds. She also said that she hopes in 10 years from now she will be healthy and able to do this kind of thing just as good as she can now....

When she said that I was like, "lol what? I thought you were wanting to retire soon!" I guess she changed her mind, lol. But anyway, I found that to be a very good sign that maybe she has no plans to retire and wants to keep touring....especially with how successful this tour has been so far.
Posted on: 2010/1/23 9:17
  •  tommy96814
      tommy96814
Re:
Addicted to Hikki
A/S/L
Quote:

a_kikoo wrote:
It was really strict in Hawaii... but they told us last minute that we couldnt use cameras. They just kept making rules on the spot. So people were able to sneak a few photos and videos. LA and Seattle, I'm pretty sure all of the securities were told no cameras from the beginning. In Hawaii, they told us no camera phones while the venue was filling up!

yep coulda take a shot of her t shirt and red pants lol but no..... the guards fright in front of me climbing up and down from time to time lol
Posted on: 2010/1/23 14:57
  •  Sakurashope7
      Sakurashope7
Re:
UtadaNet Newbie
A/S/L
I had been standing in line since 12:30 that afternoon and I was really excited that I was going to be able to stand in the front and actually see Utada. I'm just over 5' so I made sure to get to the Show Box as soon as my classes were over. However, I didn't know that at the Show Box if you are over 21 and if you buy something inside then you are given a number and allowed to enter early. I'm only 19, so my mom was able to get a number and our goal was for her to save me a spot up close. She was able to get me a pretty close up spot, but I cannot express how frustrated I am that I stood in line for 7 hours and people who arrived at 6 o'clock still got in before me because they were over 21.

However, I really did enjoy the concert and because I was standing right in front of the railing I did see Utada's mom taking lots of photos. Security was extremely tight and it felt like every 10 minutes or so they were flashing their flashlights in the crowd to catch those people who were taking pictures.

I would just like to say that those of you who have taken pictures of Utada at her three concert's so far, if you were really true and dedicated fans of Utada, you would respect her wishes and not take pictures or video her at any more of her upcoming concerts. There is a reason why she does not want everyone taking pictures and truthfully it makes me quite angry that people keep trying to sneak in cameras when we are told by security countless times that photography is not allowed.

Her mom is taking pictures which I assume she will update to Utada's website once the tour is over. If Utada does tour again in the U.S., I think that it would be the best if she also banned cell phones as well. Almost all cellphones have some sort of camera/video function and those of you who are taking pictures from your cellphones, after Utada's tour has asked you time and time again not to take pictures, you are not displaying any integrity or respect for Utada at all.

Have patience and wait for official pictures to be updated to Utada's website.
Posted on: 2010/1/23 15:37
  •  ramenbox
      ramenbox
Re:
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L 19/F/Malaysia
Well, cameras are always not allowed during concerts. I don't think it has got much to do with her wishes. Anyway fans who took the effort to sneak in cameras are just trying to capture the moments for their future viewing. It's good to reminisce and I also believe that they're doing it out of good will, to share the videos with those who are really eager to go to the concert but just can't make it because of many reasons such as transport, distance or prevalently, financial issues. Of course photos of her tour will be posted somewhere "official", perhaps a few magazines will cover it as well, who knows but crazy hardcore fans just can't wait. Most of us have been really excited about this tour. You can't really blame us, after all, we're humans with flaws.
Posted on: 2010/1/23 19:52
  •  sokuri
      sokuri
Re:
Hikki Fanatic
A/S/L 25/F/Kobe, Japan
Quote:

Sakurashope7 wrote:
I think that it would be the best if she also banned cell phones as well. Almost all cellphones have some sort of camera/video function and those of you who are taking pictures from your cellphones, after Utada's tour has asked you time and time again not to take pictures, you are not displaying any integrity or respect for Utada at all.

ya that's not going to happen...First off, depriving people of cellphones is pretty irresponsible safety wise....It is always good to have one on hand just incase something happens or if u need to get ahold of someone..concerts end late so sending people outside to find their cars at 11pm in a big city without a cell is not a good idea....I also would be careful labeling this restriction as Utada's idea..Usually it has nothing to do with the artist's wishes but rather the wishes of the record label....They of course are trying to limit any illegal filming that could be sold without their permission...I must agree that seeing flashes every five seconds would be annoying to everyone at the venue not just Utada herself and this was probably taken into consideration when this ban was made...But I dont see any harm in a picture phone as most dont even have a flash...
Posted on: 2010/1/23 20:50
  •  shinigamimika
      shinigamimika
Re:
UtadaNet Newbie
A/S/L
Sorry for the late replies...

And thank you for correcting the set list. Like I said you can add/whatever do on it to correct it. I know its wrong and my memory is absolutely failing me still being dazed last Thursday. xD

Quote:

DoubleTrouble84:
No need to apologize for not remembering it all. You remembered a lot and put it into words better than I did. lol Plus we're all recovering from seeing Utada last night. ;)

Anyways, I believe that the cover was the Placebo cover of The Bitter End. Also, before Me Muero, she sang Simple and Clean. Other than that, I'm sure you got the other songs right on dot.

That is so cool how you were in arms length of her! Was Final Distance the song that would've made you cry if she had sung it? I know I probably would've cried if it was in her line up of songs. That song was too personal for her. She would've cried as well.

I'm really hoping that she'll be back in 3 years to perform her again. She also needs to set up another Meet and Greet signing here, since she wasn't able to make it last year.

Thanks (^^; )> I am still recovering. LOL

Its actually "Dareka no Negau ga Kanau Koro" for me because it reminds me of someone who meant to me at one point and we used to sang that song together. (^^; )>

That song would still make me be in tears still.

I hope so on that too. Would love to see her live again. And I hope she'd continue the one on FYE from last year. LOL

Quote:

k.ay wrote:
Wow you had to be right next to me then! ^^ My sister and I were right in front of her mic stand on the railing. I think I remember seeing you if you were like the 6th person in line. Were you with your boyfriend? lol. I sound like a stalker.
The show was just absolutely amazing! Her vocals were spot on, no straining, sounded like from a cd. I love how she would try to make eye contact with as much people as she can. I got a little wave from her. Then I fozen thinking "she just waved at me, I'm gonna die". lol.
There was a lady walking back and forth taking pictures of Utada on stage. It struck me the lady was someone important, so this morning I googling and I'm 90% sure that lady was Utada's mom.
I'm sad I didn't get a baseball she threw out. She threw it mostly to the back of the crowd. Then Sam(?) the drummer toss his drum sticks out to my right. And the Guitar player (the Brazilian guy) toss out some guitar picks to my left. I got handed a bottle of water from on stage. haha. Quite random.
The staff security was quite mean and super strict. It was like their mission to kick out as much people as they can or something.
All in all, the show was amazing.. The crowd was amazing. I feel blessed to be at the spot where I was at. Probably the best concert I've seen.

Wait are you in green jacket? I was by myself you might be next to me. I was the one crying and in tears a lot during the show. LOL I was in long sleeve and has a beaded bracelets and cuffed right ear. xD And the girl you're saying would be my new friends I met, she got handed the drumstick.

It was her mom who was taking pictures.

Quote:

Sakurashope7 wrote:
I think that it would be the best if she also banned cell phones as well. Almost all cellphones have some sort of camera/video function and those of you who are taking pictures from your cellphones, after Utada's tour has asked you time and time again not to take pictures, you are not displaying any integrity or respect for Utada at all.

I remember you. This is Ysa from the line :D

Anyhow, I understand with you on this but not banning cellphones. I agree with sokuri with what she said. It is annoying that people would take pictures during the live and they are disrespecting their request upon the live but its not UTADA's idea in general but her management though we cannot tell by so.
Posted on: 2010/1/23 21:28
Re:
Administrator
A/S/L
@k.ay & @shinigamimika I think we were right near/beside you guys ...
Posted on: 2010/1/24 2:41
  •  brandnewsam
      brandnewsam
Re:
UtadaNet Newbie
A/S/L
guys.. about a live dvd, chances are there will be one only IF there were overhead cameras shooting around the venue. you'd know if it was being filmed that way.
Posted on: 2010/1/24 7:21
 Top   Previous Topic   Next Topic
<1...11121314151617>