UtadaNet Newbie
A/S/L
thks for the pic :)
Posted on: 2010/1/22 2:32
  •  Unregistered
      Unregistered
Re:
guest_Unregistered
haha I joined just to post here, but like the others have said, it was an amazing concert. I think it helped a lot that I had gotten pretty hyped up already reading on here about how the Hawaii and LA concerts went, and then when she was actually everything I expected her to be and more, I just went nuts. I actually teared up a number of times over the course of the concert as she started singing certain songs (mostly all her old Japanese classics).

I'm totally bummed that they didn't allow photos though, because I was on the 2nd level off on the side, which had a great view of the stage. I had my camera phone with me (my P&S was taken and held because they were checking everyone's bags), but one of the security/staff members was next to me the entire time :( I did manage to record, voice only, a number of her songs though: Sakura Drops, Heart Station, First Love, Can You Keep A Secret, Automatic, Apple & Cinnamon and the English version of Hikari. I missed the English-Japanese hybrid because I couldn't figure out how to use the recorder on my iPhone. Many of the high/loud notes are blown out though because the sound was pumping pretty high, but if people are interested I'll upload them somewhere.

It was neat but my friend and I ran into the band in the adjacent bar (Green Room?) after the show, so we got to talk to them for a bit. They're flying out for SF tomorrow, but actually told us to let them know if we were going to hit up any of the nearby bars for happy hour. If only Hikki was with them :(
Posted on: 2010/1/22 2:44
  •  AkuX
      AkuX
Re:
UtadaNet Newbie
A/S/L 18/M/Los Angeles
SHE SANG HEART STATION!?!??!

AGHHHHHHHHH...

I had a sign saying Sing HEART STATION please? at the LA concert...and she didn't sing it...I guess I have to try again at the Las Vegas one..

If anyone can provide the setlist it would be appreciated <3
Posted on: 2010/1/22 2:52
  •  daaznfella
      daaznfella
Re:
Addicted to Hikki
A/S/L 23/M/Seattle, WA USA
she didn't sing heart station...
Posted on: 2010/1/22 3:01
  •  AkuX
      AkuX
Re:
UtadaNet Newbie
A/S/L 18/M/Los Angeles
Quote:

daaznfella wrote:

that makes me feel a bit better. thanks :)
Posted on: 2010/1/22 3:02
  •  Pips_Paradise
      Pips_Paradise
Re:
Insane Hikki Fan
A/S/L 18/F/London
Thanks daaznfella for the photo?s.....

Those wicked black thigh length boots, I wish I could get way with wearing a pair but I?ll end up looking like Dick Turpin who?s forgotten where he left his horse a horse.... the personal concert thoughts and experiences are so much fun to read too...

JudgeJamster those ?people? trying to queue jump, nature gave us elbows and I am so impressed you held your ground a ?friendly but firm nudge? works wonders; you would have received a round of applause here in the UK...
Posted on: 2010/1/22 3:43
  •  Unregistered
      Unregistered
Re:
guest_Unregistered
Quote:

daaznfella wrote:

Ah my fault, it was the one she sang right after Sakura Drops. I was thinking it was Heart Station, but wasn't 100% sure (so I'm not a huge huge fan, I apologize)
Posted on: 2010/1/22 3:49
  •  Kimoto
      Kimoto
Re:
UtadaNet Newbie
A/S/L
Kyaaa Thanks much for the pics and awesome review
Posted on: 2010/1/22 6:34
  •  smoo
      smoo
Re:
UtadaNet Newbie
A/S/L
yeah, pretty awesome concert.. i knew there was no way i was going to get a spot near the front so i just showed up around 8:30 and there was still a line around the corner to get in.

thanks to whoever posted the pics because i could only see her from the shoulders up, i will say her hair did look pretty rockin from where i was though

anyways, yeah, it was pretty fun, glad she did a bunch of her japanese songs, thought her english songs sounded a lot better live than on the album..

to the guy who shouted "you're hot" i'm pretty sure the reply was more like deflecting praise, like "oh, no, you haven't seen me when i wake up in the morning", and then some other guy shouted back some slightly inappropriate response like "i hope i get to!" then utada was like "uhh, yeah.. next song!" haha, kind of funny

at the end she threw out some baseballs and this tall guy behind me caught one so i snuck a peek at it, looked like it had a sharpie drawing of kuma on one side and her signature on the other, pretty cool! fun times all around!
Posted on: 2010/1/22 8:54
  •  a_kikoo
      a_kikoo
Re:
UN Reporter
A/S/L 26/F
Quote:

faji_tama wrote:
Quote:

daaznfella wrote:

Ah my fault, it was the one she sang right after Sakura Drops. I was thinking it was Heart Station, but wasn't 100% sure (so I'm not a huge huge fan, I apologize)

It was probably Stay Gold... from the album Heart Station.

Thanks for all the reviews everyone!
Posted on: 2010/1/22 8:56
 Top   Previous Topic   Next Topic
<1...78910111213...17>