<12345678...17>
  •  Topic options
Poster Thread
  •  tommy96814
      tommy96814
Re:
Addicted to Hikki
A/S/L
yeah kinda wierd that there are still no footage of her third tour posted on youtube yet...
Posted on: 2010/1/23 1:35
  •  JudgeJamster
      JudgeJamster
Re:
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L 18 / M / Salem, Oregon
Quote:

kjazz wrote:
Nice to come back here to see others share their thoughts. It was an amazing concert.

I did not mention it before but I'd like to also second and confirm some of the not so good stuff happening. There were some kids bold enough to move through the crowd and cut in. I was a bit taken back when two girls just took the breathing space out in front of me and then there was a couple more right next to me trying to squeeze by. I decided that it was not happening twice and told the girl, "you are not getting in front of me". I was getting ready to grab her and she backed off. She later moved around behind me and got in front of some others and waived her friend over. The pissed look on the folks they cut made me think something was going to happen but it didn't.

The venue is SRO and I expected the shorties would not be able to see unless they were behind shorter people but that's the way it is. I'm taller so only those behind me might have had a problem. It really was packed like being in a crowded elevator. Not a lot of conversation amongst strangers. Only a common bond of Hikaru to keep you together. A larger venue with seating is just different and not as intimate but think I would have preferred a seat and have some comfort may be over not being as close. I'd like to have had a beer and go to the bathroom but just had to stand and hold my place.

I knew from the other concerts not to bring a camera so that was not a big deal. I'm thinking and wishing the NYC and London concerts will be filmed for a live DVD so the production folks do not want too much out in the public for free.

Other than the cutting, standing for so long, and not really needing a warm up DJ, the Hikaru concert was perfect. Sorry to vent so much.

No need to be sorry because I know how you feel. As you said, it was a perfect concert, PERFECT. But the people constantly trying to cut in was annoying as heck, and I was ready to grab someone by the throat, lol. The 2 girls behind me, (maybe the same ones you had? lol) were so annoying.

Also just to confirm like the others, she did NOT sing COLORS. The list I posted was everything.
Posted on: 2010/1/22 21:00
  •  kjazz
      kjazz
Re:
Addicted to Hikki
A/S/L
Colors was not done. We only wish she sang it. It was the same set as LA.
Posted on: 2010/1/22 20:48
  •  digital129
      digital129
Re:
UtadaNet Newbie
A/S/L
Quote:

shinigamimika wrote:
Last night was awesome.

Even if I went alone, I made new friends from the line. EVA! If you're reading this, the email you gave me isn't working or something. IDK if I got it right. But this is YSA from last night! You can check my profile here for my email.

Sorry but that small shout-out (^^; )>

I love my spot. Deadfront center in the railing in front of HIKKI! I was there in the venue by around 10am but no one is lining and I don't want to line so I walked around Seattle. Line started at around 1pm when I saw a couple of people in front already. We were 6 people by then. But there's a little unknown deal in Showbox to be first inside that not most people don't know of. I went there last year for VAMPS and knew of the deal because they dont allow camp-outs. Anyhoo, if you hang at the Green Room and buy any drinks or foods they'll give a special number that can let you go in first before the people lining. And they keep you warm and able to hear them rehearsing. I let the first people there know about it because we've been there since 1pm and I'd feel bad if they wouldn't be able to because of that and some weren't because they were not 21 yet. :/ That was it with the line.

Concert, I felt a bit bad for DJ Mike Rizzo with his set. I agree who said that he got a bit out of place. It reminded me of my clubbing days. LOL

Hikki went out by around 9pm. She looks awesome and love the dress and the boots esp the boots <3

Can anyone help me with the setlist? (^^; )> All I can remember were the songs.

On and On
This One
Hikari/Sanctuary
Simple and Clean
You Make Me Want To Be A Man
Krelim Dusk
Colors
Devil Inside
*one cover song I cant tell but I know its not her song xD
Come Back To Me
Apple and Cinnamon
Stay Gold
First Love
Can you Keep a Secret?
Automatic
MC
Dirty Desire

Encore:
*i cant remember D:* m(___)m SORRY Seriously I cant remember that part in my head right now because I was really dazed the whole time that I'm seeing her in person and live and I'm in front of her damnit. xD
MC
Me Muero

Please feel free to correct the list I did. Add/whatever on it.

I was cying and in tears on some songs. She saw me and waved at me when she saw me in tears that was during This One because I can't believe I'm in front of her. LOL DAMNIT. Seriously I never would have thought of seeing her live. But she saw me in tears LOL. I am kinda thankful that she didn't sang her one song that can make me cry a ton.

My pictures are just the stage took it after the live and so as the front of the venue. I think no one would like that if anyone wants to see on how the stage looks lemme know LOL And in respect that no recordings during the live I didn't dare.

MCs (from what I can remember)
- We sang Happy Birthday to her and her bassist.
- She never thought that her thoughts on winter would really be that exicting for us.
- She never thought that she can mix her Japanese and English on her MCs. Thanked the fans who flew all the way from Japan.
- She asked if it rained which didn't. And hope that it wouldn't in Boston and New York. She'll feel bad on the hardcore fans who would stay out in the rain.
- There are 100 expressions in Japanese regarding rain. Asked if we like rain. We said YES because got to cope with the weather and no more 100+C heat like last Summer. She said rain is good.
- She said it weird for her to be in just shirt and jeans in Seattle because she just came from LA and Hawaii. Excaimed she can wear her coats now. LOL
- She was really happy to do live again after 3 and half years as she said.
- She wishes for good health.

I'll add more if I remember something or whatnot. (^^; )> Gotta run somewhere for now.

she sang colors?? she didnt sing that in hawaii
Posted on: 2010/1/22 20:38
  •  kjazz
      kjazz
Re:
Addicted to Hikki
A/S/L
Nice to come back here to see others share their thoughts. It was an amazing concert.

I did not mention it before but I'd like to also second and confirm some of the not so good stuff happening. There were some kids bold enough to move through the crowd and cut in. I was a bit taken back when two girls just took the breathing space out in front of me and then there was a couple more right next to me trying to squeeze by. I decided that it was not happening twice and told the girl, "you are not getting in front of me". I was getting ready to grab her and she backed off. She later moved around behind me and got in front of some others and waived her friend over. The pissed look on the folks they cut made me think something was going to happen but it didn't.

The venue is SRO and I expected the shorties would not be able to see unless they were behind shorter people but that's the way it is. I'm taller so only those behind me might have had a problem. It really was packed like being in a crowded elevator. Not a lot of conversation amongst strangers. Only a common bond of Hikaru to keep you together. A larger venue with seating is just different and not as intimate but think I would have preferred a seat and have some comfort maybe over not being as close. I'd like to have had a beer and go to the bathroom but just had to stand and hold my place.

I knew from the other concerts not to bring a camera so that was not a big deal. I'm thinking and wishing the NYC and London concerts will be filmed for a live DVD so the production folks do not want too much out in the public for free.

Other than the cutting, standing for so long, and not really needing a warm up DJ, the Hikaru concert was perfect. Sorry to vent so much.
Posted on: 2010/1/22 20:33
  •  JudgeJamster
      JudgeJamster
Re:
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L 18 / M / Salem, Oregon
Quote:

JudgeJamster those ?people? trying to queue jump, nature gave us elbows and I am so impressed you held your ground a ?friendly but firm nudge? works wonders

Thanks, lol. It really bugs me how people think they can just do that when someone like me waited in line since 4:30, when they had probably gotten there right before 7 or something.

Quote:

smoo wrote:

to the guy who shouted "you're hot" i'm pretty sure the reply was more like deflecting praise, like "oh, no, you haven't seen me when i wake up in the morning", and then some other guy shouted back some slightly inappropriate response like "i hope i get to!" then utada was like "uhh, yeah.. next song!" haha, kind of funny

The last response was a bit out of line, but it didn't look like she minded me calling her hot, lol. She seemed a little embarrassed, but I think she was more joking....either way I feel so honored that she responded to me. :D

Also did anyone hear that one girl yell "SING EASY BREEZY!" That was funny, lol. I kinda wish she did, I'm fond of that song, probably because everyone else seems to hate it.

Anyway, thanks everyone for posting your thoughts and experiences! It sounds like all of us had a great time! also since a lot seemed to be confused about the setlist, here is the full and official list.

1: OPENING (not Hikki singing, just coming from speakers)
2: On and On
3: Merry Christmas Mr. Lawrence - FYI
4: Poppin'
5: This One (Crying Like a Child)
6: Passion/Sanctuary (Bilingual mix)
7: SAKURA Drops (Acoustic with Hikki on piano)
8: Stay Gold (Hikki still on piano)
9: Devil Inside
10: Kremlin Dusk
11: You Make Me Want to be a Man
12: The Bitter End (Placebo Cover)
13: Apple and Cinnamon
14: Come Back to Me
15: First Love
16: Automatic
17: Can You Keep a Secret?
18: Dirty Desire
19: Simple and Clean
20: Me Muero

Even now, I still cannot believe how amazing the concert was. Hikki is truly one of a kind.
Posted on: 2010/1/22 20:31
  •  a_kikoo
      a_kikoo
Re:
UN Reporter
A/S/L 26/F
Wow, her mom was there in front taking pictures? That would be a sight to see.
Posted on: 2010/1/22 17:48
  •  Kimoto
      Kimoto
Re:
UtadaNet Newbie
A/S/L
Quote:

Kyaaa Thanks much much much
Posted on: 2010/1/22 16:01
  •  daaznfella
      daaznfella
Re:
Addicted to Hikki
A/S/L 23/M/Seattle, WA USA
correction:

knee high socks, like the students in japan wear....thigh high boots.....uber epic in person....
Posted on: 2010/1/22 15:53
  •  Unregistered
      Unregistered
Re:
guest_Unregistered
Quote:

k.ay wrote:
There was a lady walking back and forth taking pictures of Utada on stage. It struck me the lady was someone important, so this morning I googling and I'm 90% sure that lady was Utada's mom.

Yep, that probably was her mom. I heard she was there from the friend I went with. Apparently my friend saw someone point and yell out "it's Hikki's mom!" after the show, as they started following her out (presumably to try meeting Hikki). Which I find both creepy and amusing all at the same time.
Posted on: 2010/1/22 15:07
 Top   Previous Topic   Next Topic
<12345678...17>