A/S/L
someone with the ballz please post a pic of the drawings lol
Posted on: 2010/1/20 8:04
  •  aquaticdragons
      aquaticdragons
Re: Awesome~
Hikki Fanatic
A/S/L 20/F/Los Angeles
so the setlist was the same as the hawaii show with the exception of boku wa kuma (the audience didn't request it, thus it wasn't sung)

the audience sung happy b-day like three times... the first absolutely stupid... idk who started it but it was like the WRONG TIME! the second and third time were definitely GOOD (the third time was when her band started playing happy b-day to her and brought the cake out)

i have to say that utada looked absolutely AMAZINGLY FASHIONABLE!!!

i was so surprised when she came out(my sis, friend and i were fron't row center... directly in front of her!!!)she looked "wow"

her perfmance was mindblowing, i definitely think that she felt comfortable and i think she even felt "sexy/attractive"

albums don't do utada justice she's just so MUCH MORE BETTER LIVE!!!

her band was COMPLETELY AWESOME!!!
i was actually very excited that she had some band members she had previously worked with (i couldn't believe i was seeing them in person too! it was like watching a dvd but better!!)

HOB IS DEFINETLY MY FAVORITE VENUE!!

I started making line before 10am (with my friend and sis) basically we were the first there, and we did pass the line as well so we go in first too!!) and after some time of waiting in line just when it started sprinkling in the afternoon, they told us that we could wait inside. Immediately after we went inside it started to pour!! so yes i was definitely thankful that they let us in... they let us stay until it stopped raining and i think because too many people were coming in.

The staff was very well organized, I've been there alreay like 4-5 times and every time they do a very good job managing the lines. My other friend managed to sneak in my camera (she came in with the regular line, not with me) but she gave me my camera inside the venue... i couldn't record or take pics though cuz i was in front row center and security would have caught me right away so i wasn't taking my chances~

As for Mike, he is a cool guy and all and his djing was good (i'm not a club/party person so i don't usually listen to that kind of music)
I have to say the crowd was absolutely (for the most part) dead with him and the thing i found i most RUDE was when people would scream "UTADA" and people even booed him!! BUT when some people booed him some people started cheering for him even more... seriously these STUPID fans could wait a few more minutes before utada... YES I KNOW THAT YOU PAID TO SEE UTADA BUT it's not like you didn't know that he was going open the show for her!! sheesh somepeople just want to get punched in the face~ I don't think any of us would like it if someone yelled out another artist's name while utada was playing now would we... i'm not blaming anyone here but if you were one of those people yelling utada during the opening or booed mike i'm ASHAMED OF YOU!!

ANYWAYS
GOOD OPENING BY MIKE
UTADA'S BAND ROCKED
UTADA SOUNDED AMAZING!
SHE LOOKED BEAUTIFUL!!! (she wore studded booties,black stockings, a fuschia or lavenderish dress that had a dalmation-like or spotted pattern on it, she had simple accessories, a multi-stranded necklace in black, a studded bracelet, black ring that was either a star or a flower... her make up and hair was definitely stylish)
Posted on: 2010/1/20 8:37
  •  a_kikoo
      a_kikoo
Re: In The Flesh Los Angeles, CA 19-Jan-2010
UN Reporter
A/S/L 26/F
people booed at mike rizzo? poor thing.
Posted on: 2010/1/20 8:46
  •  TurtleFu
      TurtleFu
Addicted to Hikki
A/S/L
Was the setlist exactly the same?
Posted on: 2010/1/20 9:00
  •  aquaticdragons
      aquaticdragons
Hikki Fanatic
A/S/L 20/F/Los Angeles
to a_kikoo
yes they did

to Turtleflu
yes it was (but not boku wa kuma since it was requested by fans at the hawaii show and not at the LA show)
Posted on: 2010/1/20 9:06
  •  TurtleFu
      TurtleFu
Addicted to Hikki
A/S/L
Aw, that stinks, I was hoping for some slight differences.
Why didn't she take a request for the LA show?
Posted on: 2010/1/20 9:12
  •  tommy96814
      tommy96814
Addicted to Hikki
A/S/L
Quote:

aquaticdragons wrote:
so the setlist was the same as the hawaii show with the exception of boku wa kuma (the audience didn't request it, thus it wasn't sung)

the audience sung happy b-day like three times... the first absolutely stupid... idk who started it but it was like the WRONG TIME! the second and third time were definitely GOOD (the third time was when her band started playing happy b-day to her and brought the cake out)

i have to say that utada looked absolutely AMAZINGLY FASHIONABLE!!!

i was so surprised when she came out(my sis, friend and i were fron't row center... directly in front of her!!!)she looked "wow"

her perfmance was mindblowing, i definitely think that she felt comfortable and i think she even felt "sexy/attractive"

albums don't do utada justice she's just so MUCH MORE BETTER LIVE!!!

her band was COMPLETELY AWESOME!!!
i was actually very excited that she had some band members she had previously worked with (i couldn't believe i was seeing them in person too! it was like watching a dvd but better!!)

HOB IS DEFINETLY MY FAVORITE VENUE!!

I started making line before 10am (with my friend and sis) basically we were the first there, and we did pass the line as well so we go in first too!!) and after some time of waiting in line just when it started sprinkling in the afternoon, they told us that we could wait inside. Immediately after we went inside it started to pour!! so yes i was definitely thankful that they let us in... they let us stay until it stopped raining and i think because too many people were coming in.

The staff was very well organized, I've been there alreay like 4-5 times and every time they do a very good job managing the lines. My other friend managed to sneak in my camera (she came in with the regular line, not with me) but she gave me my camera inside the venue... i couldn't record or take pics though cuz i was in front row center and security would have caught me right away so i wasn't taking my chances~

As for Mike, he is a cool guy and all and his djing was good (i'm not a club/party person so i don't usually listen to that kind of music)
I have to say the crowd was absolutely (for the most part) dead with him and the thing i found i most RUDE was when people would scream "UTADA" and people even booed him!! BUT when some people booed him some people started cheering for him even more... seriously these STUPID fans could wait a few more minutes before utada... YES I KNOW THAT YOU PAID TO SEE UTADA BUT it's not like you didn't know that he was going open the show for her!! sheesh somepeople just want to get punched in the face~ I don't think any of us would like it if someone yelled out another artist's name while utada was playing now would we... i'm not blaming anyone here but if you were one of those people yelling utada during the opening or booed mike i'm ASHAMED OF YOU!!

ANYWAYS
GOOD OPENING BY MIKE
UTADA'S BAND ROCKED
UTADA SOUNDED AMAZING!
SHE LOOKED BEAUTIFUL!!! (she wore studded booties,black stockings, a fuschia or lavenderish dress that had a dalmation-like or spotted pattern on it, she had simple accessories, a multi-stranded necklace in black, a studded bracelet, black ring that was either a star or a flower... her make up and hair was definitely stylish)

did Mike Rizzo take a pic of you guys with his camera phone? he did in the hawaii tour if he post the pic that will probably be the only pic that will show my face in it lol.
Posted on: 2010/1/20 9:14
  •  aquaticdragons
      aquaticdragons
Hikki Fanatic
A/S/L 20/F/Los Angeles
yes i think he did...
Posted on: 2010/1/20 9:17
  •  a_kikoo
      a_kikoo
UN Reporter
A/S/L 26/F
I wonder if Mike Rizzo posted the pictures he took somewhere...
Posted on: 2010/1/20 9:22
  •  tommy96814
      tommy96814
Addicted to Hikki
A/S/L
Quote:

a_kikoo wrote:
I wonder if Mike Rizzo posted the pictures he took somewhere...

he has yet to post it on his website thats for sho.
Posted on: 2010/1/20 9:25
 Top   Previous Topic   Next Topic
<1...15161718192021...26>