<12345...26>
  •  Topic options
Poster Thread
Re:
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L 18/GQ?/CA
Quote:

chuugokuren wrote:
Omg guys. I need some advice!! Did all of you get paper tickets for the show? I'm flying to sf from Miami and realized my sister did not bring the bag that she has with the utada tickets!! She realized this halfway while I was on plane listening to utada!! Now I wonder can I scan my paper tickets and hope they accept that or go buy another ticket an insane prices? I'm so determined to watch her since I'm AlreDy going to sf!! Do u think livenation might send me an electronic copy if I tell them the situation? Oh my god I'm literally crying right Now on plane. Did anyone have an e ticket?

If you're talking about the tickets you print out from Ticketmaster, they should scan those. I didn't have any hard tickets when I went to the concert, I only used the "e-tickets". Could you upload a picture of what your tickets look like so I can verify whether they're the same?

If worse comes to worse, there are usually people peddling extra tickets at the concert venue the night of, so you might be able to buy some from them at ridiculously inflated prices. :/
Posted on: 2010/1/23 11:51
  •  needler303
      needler303
Re:
Addicted to Hikki
A/S/L
Quote:

xxxkmkxxx wrote:
Quote:

needler303 wrote:
Did any of you guys bring someone under 18 to the show? Is it really 18+ only? I'd feel bad for my sister if she can't go.

Nope, but you can bring her along with you if there's an adult supervision that can watch over her.

Ok thanks. I was getting worried since that's what the rep at ticketmaster said.
Posted on: 2010/1/23 8:20
  •  xxxkmkxxx
      xxxkmkxxx
Re:
UtadaNet Newbie
A/S/L 20/M/CA
Quote:

needler303 wrote:
Did any of you guys bring someone under 18 to the show? Is it really 18+ only? I'd feel bad for my sister if she can't go.

Nope, but you can bring her along with you if there's an adult supervision that can watch over her.
Posted on: 2010/1/23 8:04
  •  needler303
      needler303
Re:
Addicted to Hikki
A/S/L
Posted on: 2010/1/23 7:54
  •  chuugokuren
      chuugokuren
Re:
UtadaNet Newbie
A/S/L m/FL
Omg guys. I need some advice!! Did all of you get paper tickets for the show? I'm flying to sf from Miami and realized my sister did not bring the bag that she has with the utada tickets!! She realized this halfway while I was on plane listening to utada!! Now I wonder can I scan my paper tickets and hope they accept that or go buy another ticket an insane prices? I'm so determined to watch her since I'm AlreDy going to sf!! Do u think livenation might send me an electronic copy if I tell them the situation? Oh my god I'm literally crying right Now on plane. Did anyone have an e ticket?
Posted on: 2010/1/23 6:20
  •  Polyrhythm
      Polyrhythm
Re:
UN Reporter
A/S/L 17/M/Southern California
I posted this on another forum the day after the show. I'm gonna share it here too.

My experience:

Ok, so pretty much, by all indication, I knew that this concert was doomed for me. When I got off at school, I literally felt like I was in the biggest storm I've ever seen x_x Got home, it's 2:30, waiting for my sister to come back from school. She gets home at 3:20, it's STILL storming. So I don't really know what to do....my dad doesn't want to stand in line in the rain. I couldn't do anything but check U.blog's twitter periodically....50 people in line....about 100 people in line....I just KNEW our spots were going to be crappy. I looked up the House of Blues website and clicked the virtual tour, which basically shows the whole venue...and it looked SMALL. At about 5:40, we left to go pick up my sister's friend...and headed out to Hollywood....and got lost....it's now like 7:28....and we finally see the line...which was INSANE. The longest line in the world....and we were all the way in the back. At least it stopped raining. We waited....and waited....I was hoping the whole time that it wouldn't start raining...and I kept looking back. There was a lot of people behind us but I pretty much accepted the fact that we were going to be in the back. Finally, the line starts to move and it's like 8:20ish now....line's moving slowly and we finally get through the...

SECURITY CHECK:
It's like the airport, these guys use those wand things to detect metal, you have to raise your arms up, turn around, they feel your torso, the whole thing. They also checked for cameras but cellphones were allowed.

Here's were everything turned around for me: The venue was HUGE. Like from the website, it looked so small, it was really big! I'd place us somewhere in the last 15% or so of people who got in but the spot was still AWESOME. I could see the whole stage very clearly. If your were in the last row, you were still VERY close to the stage. It doesn't look that way on the picture on the web but trust me, it was huge. House of Blues was a great venue in terms of the view. See, it's not like the Hawaii venue...which was long and people filled in front to back.....House of Blues was more...fat/wide....people filled in to the sides and stuff...it was a great stage. There were some people on the second floor to the right side, not sure about the middle though because I couldnt see the middle part of the 2nd floor from where I was standing. Even so, the place was still pretty packed. The music was REALLY loud though...kinda shocking....and painful....since I've never been to a real concert before....DJ's (I guess that'd be Mike Rizzo) doing some cool stuff I guess....

And he played....and played...for what seemed like an hour....or perhaps more, I didnt look at the time....the audience got excited a few times....but he started to get kinda boring....and he finally leaves...some guys come out and packs up all the DJ equipment...and doing soundchecks and things (what were they doing before???)...so anyway, the lights on stage turn orange I think (I can't clearly recall) and the rest of the venue becomes dark....Crossover Interlude from Exodus plays and crowd goes wild...but they quieted down a bit....and then...I think the stage went dark sometime during the Interlude...then i THINK this is where Utada walked out on stage but I couldnt see...it was dark(?). People were creaming insanely though so I think that's what happened.

On and On: Flash of light and there's Utada! Standing there in plain view...she looks great with her new hairstyle and her outfit...She's all smiley and very energetic though she hasn't done anything to really improve her dancing skills from UU06....she does these hand motion things in front of the mic stand....and after she walks around. Lots of energy in the whole place! Her voice was really strange to me at first (partly because I still couldn't believe who it was I was seeing and hearing) cause the music was really loud and I hadn't gotten used to it...there was some distortion of the sound but not that bad. I generally don't like On and On...or a lot of her English songs in general (I'll get to that later) but it was an AWESOME way to start the night.

So she's done with On and On...she says something like "You ready to have an awesome night?!"...crowd cheers...."...cause it's my BIRTHDAY!" and crowd goes wild. I think this is where the crowd tried to sing Happy Birthday to her....but I'm not sure. Maybe, maybe not. Anyway, it didnt come out.

Merry Christmas Mr. Lawrence (FYI): It's a smooth performance...she's very on pitch, which kinda surprised me...after what happened with last year's TV performances or the same song. Not much to say...still hypnotized by the stage...

Poppin': I've always said I hate the song. She made it fun and very energetic. When she would do the part..."Girls, you know you have it better than the boys" all the girls were screaming. Great vocals...that song has a lot of high pitched parts...

This One (Crying Like A Child): Amazing...crowd is more mellow during this song and her voice shines...One thing to say about the TITO songs is that they all had the band which somewhat destroyed the melody of This One....but I loved it still. She says..."Are you ready to hear some...Japanese songs?" Crowd screams louder than before.

Passion/Sanctuary: Perfect........it's basically the UUO6 performance just minus the flashy stage and big costume....she switches to Sanctuary in the middle and sang the rock bridge from KHII...it's all Sanctuary until what seemed like the end of the song....cause the music stopped....but then she sang the last part from the single version....the "Zutto mae ni suki datta hito...." part....which I'm still in shock to even have heard her sing this....she was in perfect pitch. Probably one of the top performances of the night. Passion ends....she introduces "someone special"...which was the guy who moves all her stage stuff (I forget his name) and we cheered as he moved some table onto the stage (which later turned out to be a keyboard). She says something along the lines of "I'm going to play some songs on the Piano now" kinda quietly....and the crowd cheers as expected.

Sakura Drops: Perfect. Again. It's really hard to describe how great this was...she sings the first bit....just her and the keyboard...and then just like UU06, the band kicks in...she didn't sing the last lines high though...she did them low but she had perfect vocals the whole way through. Loved this song.

Stay Gold: She's still on the keyboard and plays the intro to Stay Gold...cheers...but then the band kinda ruined the song....oh well...Still amazing to hear Stay Gold live...so she's done...and

BIRTHDAY "SURPRISE": While she's talking and saying thank you after Stay Gold, we hear the band play Happy Birthday...and...some girl walks out on stage with a birthday cake with 3 candles on it and of course the crowd was cheering. Utada's like "Thank you! Thank you!" She blows out the candle and we start singing her Happy Birthday (I'm not sure if this is when we sing Happy Birthday actually...)...she looks really happy and sings a little bit too....she sings "Happy birthday to me..." and laughs...after she was like....thanks and everything and said "I knew they were going to something like that" and everyone laughed. She says..."Thanks everybody"...talks about spending her birthday for the first time with so many people...and then she says "Let's make it a memorable night for me and for all of you" or something similar. Music starts

Devil Inside/Kremlin Dusk/YMMWTBAM: Basically, I went in hating Exodus songs and came out loving the performance of all 3. Her vocals were right on spot...just like UU06 all over again. The scream during YMMWTBAM....that was a highlight.

The Rock Song/Placebo Cover: Yeah...not liking this song much but she was very good and lots of head swaying, hair flying. At the end, she jumped up at the last note (like Ayu at the end of some of her songs).

Apple and Cinnamon: I dont remember what really happened after the mystery rock song...I think the screen just simply changed to TITO cover and she started singing Apple and Cinnamon...it was more rockish with the band and very good. Nice performance. Kinda hazy on details here but I think after A&C she asks what song we wanna hear or something...actually I don't really know what she was saying at all...I hear someone shouting...Keep Tryin'!...First Love!....she's like hmmm what's a pretty song...but I dunno what happened...but then the intro to Come Back to Me played

Come Back To Me: Good. In tune. People singing along. I don't know. Not the most memorable song having heard it so many times recently but still great.

The next 3 songs are for me personally, the best part of the whole concert.

The screen changes to First Love right after CBTM ends...cheers...

First Love: Favorite performance of the night. I can't really describe in words what its like to hear Utada sing First Love live on stage...and so close too...its like what you'd expect to feel if you were witnessing history...Obama's Inauguration...and the such. Just perfect...UU06 in person and personal. The screen then changes from displaying the First Love single cover to the Can You Keep A Secret single cover.

Can You Keep A Secret: Another favorite...perfect vocals...very nostalgic...people clapped along. Utada at her best...I can just imagine how the Japanese fans felt at this concert having waited so long to see her live...it was just as memorable for us though.

Automatic: I know I keep referencing this but it REALLY was just like U006. She stomped around the stage the same way and the vocals were awesome as always. Brings back memories...Afterwards...she says something like "Wow...can you believe I first wrote and recorded this song when I was 15? It's been 12 years"...touching moment.

Somewhere around the time of the above three performances...I think she addressed her Japanese fans...she started speaking in Japanese to them and everyone started screaming...she seemed pretty surprised at how many Japanese fans flew from Japan just to see her...she also made fun of her Japanese speaking voice too...how it sounds higher when she speaks in Japanese compared to when she speaks in English.

She then says...that the next song is actually the last song (which brought boooo's from the audience for the first time that night)...at which time I kinda freaked out wondering what happened to Simple and Clean (or the small possibility of Hikari)...she said its the new single going out to radio right now...

Dirty Desire: Energetic. Fun. Surprisingly, a great way to end the night (if it ended there). She strutted around the stage and stuff. Note, the lighting on stage was great. She says good night at the end and leaves the stage. Her band follows...people start chanting "Encore!" and "Utada"....I'm not the chanting type so I sort of clapped my hands to the beat...wondering if there actually was an encore. Then her band walks on stage....like 10 minutes later. Utada appears....and says "Thank you for calling us back". Screen changes to the Colors single cover.

Simple and Clean: Surreal in person. I wish it'd been Hikari but it was Simple and Clean...and it was just as Epic. She sang perfectly still (after 2 hours maybe of nonstop singing). Oh yeah....hate to do this again but....just like UU06, she did the whole "la la la la la" thing where she waves. It was truly a surreal experience. Afterwards, she introduces her band...she got to the guitarist and was like "and the guitarist....some Brazillian guy!" LOL. And then the keyboard afterwards...she was like "Keyboard...some regular white guy!" lmao. She says something like "let's go!" and Me Muero starts.

Me Muero: I liked it. I wasn't too fond of the song before but it was fun. She took out a bucket full of signed balls (wonder if that's what they were) and tossed them out ? la Ayu during her independent performances. I wish I couldve caught one but she couldn't throw that far lol. At the end she took a bow and that was that. End of a perfect night.

If there was anything I didnt like:
-1 hourish wait before Utada came on
-Security: The whole time security was pretty tight, starting with the checks before entry...my sister had her camera phone out recording some early performances and a bunch of people had their cameras out in plain sight....she put it away though when some lady security screamed (and loudly too) "put it away!" They were really sneaky too. They dressed like concert goers but had flashlights...twice some random guy came up to me and others around and shined a flashlight on us. Some people in the very front had their cameras out the whole time. I guess the security couldnt get to them. I saw a lady walk past me dragging some girl by the arm who looked kinda pissed. She had her phone/camera confiscated.
-Waitresses: Yeah...um...only twice was I bothered by a waitress trying to get through...they would bring drinks to people....it was really annoying because these waitresses had to hold their trays up REALLY high to get through...and why cant people just get a drink at the bar if they wanted one x_x. It really annoyed me when one came through in the middle of First Love but I just sort of side stepped her and focused on Hikki.
-No signings? =[ No merchandise either. As I didnt catch a signed ball, I have nothing to remember the concert by other than a House of Blues cap, the tickets, and a wristband.

Signature made by me (DEEP RIVER from AHS Forum)
Graphics Shop
Posted on: 2010/1/23 0:05
Re:
Hikki Fanatic
A/S/L
Quote:

tommy96814 wrote:
Quote:

zerolyrics wrote:
Quote:

illastrate wrote:
If you looked up Beauty in the dictionary, you'd see this picture:

OMG, lucky you!!!!How can you meet her to get autograph? and they let you take a pic of her too?

this picture was posted on ebay from a seller trying to sell her autograph for about $250. it might not even be his. the poster he is selling is not even the one she is signing in that picture.

Haha, I saw that. Ridiculous.
Posted on: 2010/1/22 23:59
  •  a_kikoo
      a_kikoo
Re:
UN Reporter
A/S/L 26/F
Quote:

illastrate wrote:

omg, cute!!!
Posted on: 2010/1/22 17:47
  •  tommy96814
      tommy96814
Re:
Addicted to Hikki
A/S/L
Quote:

zerolyrics wrote:
Quote:

illastrate wrote:

OMG, lucky you!!!!How can you meet her to get autograph? and they let you take a pic of her too?

this picture was posted on ebay from a seller trying to sell her autograph for about $250. it might not even be his. the poster he is selling is not even the one she is signing in that picture.
Posted on: 2010/1/22 16:28
  •  zerolyrics
      zerolyrics
Re:
UtadaNet Newbie
A/S/L
Quote:

illastrate wrote:

Posted on: 2010/1/22 15:43
 Top   Previous Topic   Next Topic
<12345...26>