'In The Flesh' Los Angeles, CA 19-Jan-2010

Bottom   Previous Topic   Next Topic
<1234567...26>
  •  Topic options
Poster Thread
Re: In The Flesh Los Angeles, CA 19-Jan-2010
UtadaNet Regular
A/S/L
Yea I wonder if they were recording anything. I know there was a photographer taking alot of pictures. I mean a concert book would be great. Even now they could make some tshirts or something.
Posted on: 2010/1/21 14:57
  •  Kimoto
      Kimoto
UtadaNet Newbie
A/S/L
Quote:

Phoenix wrote:
Quote:

Kimoto wrote:
Quote:

a_kikoo wrote:
Quote:

tommy96814 wrote:
Quote:

dnangelsora wrote:
Quote:

Kimoto wrote:
Did any one get "Automatic" part I love Automatic crazily

ANW :X Big thanks for the Pictures and fan cam you guys are sharing :X really delicious :X

She sang Automatic, but not Automatic Part II

i'm actually glad she didnt sing part II. i like the original better :D

I actually like Automatic PtII. It took awhile to like it though. I kinda think it would've been cool if she sang that as her first song, since its pretty much an introduction of her... "hello, my name is utada..."

Actually I mean Automatic- the original one 8-}
Moreover :P Automatic part II isn't that bad hehe
@phoenix Such a wonderful review, ( I'm so envious

Thank you. Ya it was cool cause during Automatic she did a fist pump to IT'S AU TO MATIC. Everyone in the crowd joined her.

Waa it's so cooool

hope that she will record and release as a DVD or blueray or I'll be regretting to die
Posted on: 2010/1/21 14:52
UtadaNet Regular
A/S/L
Quote:

Kimoto wrote:
Quote:

a_kikoo wrote:
Quote:

tommy96814 wrote:
Quote:

dnangelsora wrote:
Quote:

Kimoto wrote:

ANW :X Big thanks for the Pictures and fan cam you guys are sharing :X really delicious :X

I actually like Automatic PtII. It took awhile to like it though. I kinda think it would've been cool if she sang that as her first song, since its pretty much an introduction of her... "hello, my name is utada..."

Thank you. Ya it was cool cause during Automatic she did a fist pump to IT'S AU TO MATIC. Everyone in the crowd joined her.
Posted on: 2010/1/21 14:40
  •  Kimoto
      Kimoto
UtadaNet Newbie
A/S/L
Quote:

a_kikoo wrote:
Quote:

tommy96814 wrote:
Quote:

dnangelsora wrote:
Quote:

Kimoto wrote:

Posted on: 2010/1/21 14:02
UtadaNet Regular
A/S/L
What a great memory. I will try my best to describe the night.

My girlfriend and I arrived at HOB around 5pm. We noticed about 15ppl standing in line toward the front of the place we thought hmm not bad. Our plan of course was to get found to get in the advance line so we proceeded. The wait for a table was 30mins or you can by merchandise from the store. We decided to eat but to get it to go. I went to the line for the advance group which was in the back of the HOB. There were about 60ppl ahead of me. My girlfriend waited inside for our food. It was great to hear everyone so excited. I felt so at home. Like finally ppl who understand me. So we stood out side till the beginning of the show. I noticed some ppl getting special treatment by the entrance guard getting back stage passes and stuff or cuts in line. Kindof annoying. But want i notice that was cool was this one asian guy who seemed about 16 years old he was going around getting ppl to sign a bday card for our girl. I was like this dude is hardcore. A hour later I noticed he had a bday bag with a build a bear in it. I was like damn how is he gonna give this to Utada. He tried to get in early through the entrance guard but was unsuccessful.

7:30pm and the ticket crew came by to stamp our hands and give bracelets to those over 21. The HOB security announced that no camera were allowed and that if you had one you had to take back to your car or give it to valet to watch for you for $5. My girlfriend brought her camera but I told her we aren't going back. I took her camera and put it in my socks on the right side of my right foot. They started letting ppl in and were scanning them with metal detectors and checking pockets. When it was my turn I was like he ain't gonna find but two things my wallet and my cellphone. I was right!!! Got in with my camera. We were about 5th row center.

So DJ Mike Rizzo came out planning some techno stuff. I looked around and was like there is no way anyone could dance in here. We were packed. He started off by getting us clapping then took a picture with his cell phone. He wasn't really getting the crowd into it. Lucky I had some cool people around me. I was standing by this tall white guy in a white hoodie. I think he had red hair. Also two asian girls I believe. After standing there being bored I started screaming GO DJ!!! Hooting and hollering!!! Throwing my hands up. The ppl in front me did the same for awhile. I have to say the DJs choice in songs to mix wasn't that good. I felt he started to climax the music but failed to keep it going. Anyways I keep screaming and yelling out things. For those of you who were there I was the black guy in the red hoodie doing those things. Yes ppl were booing and yelling we want Utada. I felt bad for the DJ so I continue to support him. He played Run This Town and during the chorus I need Utada Runs this Town Tonight!!!

So now on to Utada. It was about 940pm when we saw her. The DJ played for about an hour. They started off with the Exodus Crossover Interlude. And I was like hell ya!! Then she went into On and On and things went crazy. When she sang "if youre gay burn it up like a gay parade" folks started screaming and putting their hands up. I was like I love it. I gonna go by what ppl had post about the song list. I just remember I was screaming after every song. FYI my favorite on TITO was next. OMG I was like I love this girl. She is so beautiful. As you guys can see from the photos she was absolutely stunning. I love the long hair!!! Sexy!!! Im just gonna freestyle the rest of this cause it was like I was dreaming. I loved how she did Passion and added Sanctuary into the mix. I really love that song. I remember watching UU06 and was like I love that song so much. This concert was like that and more. I really enjoyed her band. Those were great. Everyone was getting into the song. When she sung Stay Gold while playing on the piano I yelled that?s my song! This song got me through a tough time in 08. I remember when it first came out just that 1 min snippet. I actually copied it as an mp3 and just listened to is over and over. I loved that song. Next we did Happy Birthday I think for the 3rd time and the staff brought out cake and stuff. It was so cool. I loved how she was talking to us. She song happy birthday to herself. It was really cut. I loved when Devil Inside came out that was my favorite from Exodus. I love that remix. The lightening was fantastic. Man Kremlin Dusk?. Oh when she sung Apples and Cinnamon someone in the crowd had an apple and a box of cinnamon. That was funny. We she went into First Love everyone started sing along. I was like wow!! This is great. Dirty Desire hehehe?.when she got to the part where she says you want to see me in the flesh I believe all the guys started to scream. Lol. There was a part of the show where she talks about the rain and asked us how the weather was and I screamed out your our sunshine! People started laughing.
For the first part of the show I was able to get like 10 pictures 5 of them are good. On my cell I was able to get like 18mins of the show it is in low quality but at least I got it. My gf got about 8mins of the show on her digital camera. Her camera has the better quality. When did end up getting caught by the security about filming which was okay. We got what we needed and we do have the memories.
The Encore was great. She started with Simple and Clean and yes everyone was bananas!!! Then Me Muero was great. I loved how she introduced her band. We have a Brazilian guy ?..and a regular white guy. Yes like someone said the crowd was very diverse which is good for her image.
Yes she threw out signed baseballs. I really wanted one of those. Oh I was able to get my birthday card to her. The photographer for the show took it. The guy in the white hoodie who was in front of me gave over to him. So I hope she gets it.
I?m sorry this is so random. But ya it seemed like that day was racing with excitement. The show ended at 11pm. I had VIP parking so I didn?t have to wait in line and was able to get out of the place in like 5mins. Got home around 12am had work in 6hrs. Hard to wind down after a show like that. I uploaded my photos to the gallery for you guys to see. Will work on the video.
Posted on: 2010/1/21 11:10
  •  a_kikoo
      a_kikoo
UN Reporter
A/S/L 26/F
Quote:

tommy96814 wrote:
Quote:

dnangelsora wrote:
Quote:

Kimoto wrote:

Posted on: 2010/1/21 11:08
  •  sokuri
      sokuri
Re:
Hikki Fanatic
A/S/L 25/F/Kobe, Japan
I have to say Im glad she sang "Passion" and "Simple and Clean"...Those two songs really did help her gain her first fan base in America...

Now if only someone had a video of it! But I guess its for the best..dont wanna spoil it!!!!
Posted on: 2010/1/21 10:59
  •  tommy96814
      tommy96814
Addicted to Hikki
A/S/L
Quote:

dnangelsora wrote:
Quote:

Kimoto wrote:

Posted on: 2010/1/21 9:08
  •  Alohano
      Alohano
dnangelsora-Thank you...
UtadaNet Regular
A/S/L
..I now understand the "bridge" and the backwards lyrics. Very interesting indeed!!!

Aloha and have a great day!
Posted on: 2010/1/21 8:33
UtadaNet Regular
A/S/L 21/F/SoCal
Quote:

Kimoto wrote:

Posted on: 2010/1/21 1:34
 Top   Previous Topic   Next Topic
<1234567...26>