Bottom   Previous Topic   Next Topic
1234>
  •  Topic options
Poster Thread
  •  Unregistered
      Unregistered
Pet Peeves!
guest_Unregistered
What are some things that drive you completely nuts?

I can't stand when my bf flips through the channels without using the TV Guide thing. It also bugs me when he just starts going off on me in Spanish when he's mad.

Backseat drivers.
Posted on: 2009/11/16 14:10
  •  MaleficSaturn
      MaleficSaturn
Re: Pet Peeves!
UtadaNet Regular
A/S/L 21/M/Philadelphia
The fact that my country won't convert to metric.

As a scientist who must work in metric, it annoys me that I've been raised in my formative years to quantify and visualize in the American Standard System.

It's hard for me to intuitively visualize metric quantities like a kilometer or a gram, even though I can do the math to convert. Everywhere outside of the lab, I see "mile", "pound", etc. It's been drilled into my brain and reinforced.

I find to be absolutely ridiculous and, frankly, it's just another step we have to go through when relaying quantitative data to our friends in other countries.

Didn't want to get all political here, but it's been really pissing me off lately.
Posted on: 2009/11/16 14:32
  •  LoBFCanti
      LoBFCanti
Insane Hikki Fan
A/S/L 20/M/Brooklyn,NY
Quote:

MaleficSaturn wrote:
The fact that my country won't convert to metric.

As a scientist who must work in metric, it annoys me that I've been raised in my formative years to quantify and visualize in the American Standard System.

It's hard for me to intuitively visualize metric quantities like a kilometer or a gram, even though I can do the math to convert. Everywhere outside of the lab, I see "mile", "pound", etc. It's been drilled into my brain and reinforced.

I find to be absolutely ridiculous and, frankly, it's just another step we have to go through when relaying quantitative data to our friends in other countries.

Didn't want to get all political here, but it's been really pissing me off lately.

I can absolutely understand your annoyance.I feel the same why about the English language vs. letting students learn other languages!I understand that English has come to be a valued skill within other countries,whereas here...it's not even consider a fundamental to taken a language other than English or Spanish arguably.

But that's not what grinds my gears the most.People willingly conforming to stereotypes and shallow social groups is what pisses me off.And the fact that it's come to be socially correct even.
Posted on: 2009/11/16 19:10
  •  Unregistered
      Unregistered
guest_Unregistered
Do you not have the option to take something other than Spanish at your school?

My highschool offered German, Latin, French, and Spanish. I stuck with spanish though, 'cuz I had already taken it at my previous school.
Posted on: 2009/11/17 9:10
  •  ramenbox
      ramenbox
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L 19/F/Malaysia
Lots of things that piss me off. For now I can only think of the noise from directly opposite my apartment. They've cleared the forest and now they're causing noise pollution everyday by building God knows what. No more beautiful trees, less oxygen and more noise and dust.
Posted on: 2009/11/17 19:01
  •  Cz96
      Cz96
Hikki Fanatic
A/S/L 13/F/Malaysia
That freakin stupid people who cut off the trees..=.= no braiN! >>> RamenBox

Back to the topic.

ok...One thing that completely drive me crazy=.=.Nowdays in Malaysia got a lot of african fellow.They stay near my house.The african fellow drive the car "VROOM!" that make me shock to death=.= SO LOUD Somemore!

but nowdays don have anymore XD yay
Posted on: 2009/11/18 5:46
  •  Unregistered
      Unregistered
guest_Unregistered
lol @ Cz - over here, on the weekends, it's horrible. People drive through our apartment complex with their stereos blasting and the engines revving and loud. And at night, my bf and I can hear the people above us doing you-know-what.
Posted on: 2009/11/18 15:20
  •  Cz96
      Cz96
Hikki Fanatic
A/S/L 13/F/Malaysia
Quote:

abunai wrote:
lol @ Cz - over here, on the weekends, it's horrible. People drive through our apartment complex with their stereos blasting and the engines revving and loud. And at night, my bf and I can hear the people above us doing you-know-what.

O.O"" oh,okok~
Posted on: 2009/11/18 20:35
  •  Pips_Paradise
      Pips_Paradise
Insane Hikki Fan
A/S/L 18/F/London
Posted on: 2009/11/19 2:15
  •  LoBFCanti
      LoBFCanti
Insane Hikki Fan
A/S/L 20/M/Brooklyn,NY
Quote:

abunai wrote:
Do you not have the option to take something other than Spanish at your school?

My highschool offered German, Latin, French, and Spanish. I stuck with spanish though, 'cuz I had already taken it at my previous school.

Hell no :/ And I live in NYC!It's immigrant central here,and there are plenty of them that apply to be teachers too >:O It's just our "I can't come out the closet!I JUST CAN'T" mayor(No prob with him being gay,just don't lie about it once you're found out :/) and the "We simply don't give a (censored)." Board of Education don't like to hire people.Especially for a curriculum that isn't mandatory to college acceptences(which the schools in the inner city can hardly meet anyways).
Posted on: 2009/11/19 16:59
 Top   Previous Topic   Next Topic
1234>