<1234
  •  Topic options
Poster Thread
  •  Amaterasu
      Amaterasu
Re: Pet Peeves!
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L 26/M/Canada
When old people (or stupid people) watch you play video games that are clearly one-player and ask,

"Who's winning?"

When people ask me, "How are you?" in the place of "Hello/Good day." (They don't give a SHIT about how you ARE and say it without thought.)
Posted on: 2010/1/16 15:24
  •  LoBFCanti
      LoBFCanti
Insane Hikki Fan
A/S/L 20/M/Brooklyn,NY
Quote:

Amaterasu wrote:
When old people (or stupid people) watch you play video games that are clearly one-player and ask,

"Who's winning?"

When people ask me, "How are you?" in the place of "Hello/Good day." (They don't give a SHIT about how you ARE and say it without thought.)

I actually get annoyed by the first one too,but sometimes I can tell the person legitimately doesn't know which players which.But in often cases they would ask,"Who's who?".

And the second part....lolwut?No I understand.I have a bad habit of simply answering I'm fine.....and that's it.Any response is in turn my greeting.
Posted on: 2010/1/16 19:48
  •  Ephy
      Ephy
UtadaNet Newbie
A/S/L 20/Female/Indiana
Quote:

abunai wrote:
Wooow you know what I'm talking about? Ok ok I was watching "Pan's Labyrinth" with my bf (v. sad, I thought) and the maid lady Mercedes, they said "Merthedes" instead of saying it the Western Hemisphere way. The way the girls talk is interesting though.

Out of all Spanish though, I prefer Mexican Spanish.. 'cuz it's the only kind I understand lolz. Puerto Rican Spanish is waaay different. I mean, I understand Spanish in general, but there's a lot of different words and phrases depending on the country. You know?

That darn Barcelona accent used to annoy the heck out of me because I had a Spanish teacher who had the TH sound in her speech and then when I went to a different teacher she didn't like it and tried to correct us. -Shakes fist-

Pet peeve of mind as I rage after coming home from work: when you order a large fry from McDonalds only for them to fill up up half way.. should have just gotten a medium even though I payed for a large. El rage.
Posted on: 2010/1/18 13:18
  •  Unregistered
      Unregistered
guest_Unregistered
wait.. So even within Spain there's different accents? My Spanish teacher couldn't do the accent at all. She sounded totally gringo.

And I would've gone back through and made them give me more fries.
Posted on: 2010/1/18 13:46
  •  tempest_phoenix
      tempest_phoenix
Addicted to Hikki
A/S/L 22/M/NorthernIreland
The Barcelona accent is probably from Catalan, which is a VERY commonly spoken language there, and sometimes it's even hard to find uni courses which are conducted in Spanish in Barcelona. Some ERASMUS friends of mine experienced that problem first hand, nasty surprise for them.
Posted on: 2010/1/18 14:12
  •  Unregistered
      Unregistered
guest_Unregistered
ohhhh Got'cha.

Oh, and my Gram is from Ireland ^_^
Posted on: 2010/1/19 14:22
  •  Ephy
      Ephy
UtadaNet Newbie
A/S/L 20/Female/Indiana
I've gone back a few times when they royalled screwed up my orders, but noramlly I just passively-aggressively rage at them in my mind and just get over it.

Another pet peeve: I work in a bookstore. I am a wormworm I know. Anyways, some people come in looking for a book and since I work an independant store we look it up for them.

"I need help finding a book"
"Okay, what it the title?"
"I don't know the title.."
"Okay. What is the author?"
"I don't know that either.."
"Do you know an ISBN number?"
"No.. I know it is about a guy named Frank and he likes women"

Oh.. for the love of all things good and holy. Do not make your friendly neighborhood boom people twitch. We are not gods and do not know all. ((We did end up finding that book after about 20 minutes of googling))
Posted on: 2010/1/19 15:57
  •  Unregistered
      Unregistered
guest_Unregistered
lawlz I had some customers like that at the Mexican Restaurant I worked at. "What's that thing with the red sauce and chicken?" and I'm like "....?" 'cuz like almost everything on the menu can have red sauce and chicken.

Ooooo I hated the Mexican customers. They NEVER tipped - no matter how big the bill was. Maybe $1 or $2 for a $75 bill. Mexicans and Small-Group Church People (sorry if you're a church person, but it's true). My boss finally told me to add $2 to the bill for me.
Posted on: 2010/1/20 8:33
 Top   Previous Topic   Next Topic
<1234