<1234567>
  •  Topic options
Poster Thread
  •  Pips_Paradise
      Pips_Paradise
Re: JYP thinks Utada "failed" in the US
Insane Hikki Fan
A/S/L 18/F/London
Yes I wouldn?t put it past JPT to pay the Girls ?pocket money? in comparison to the wheel barrow loads he?s raking in, and how much of the Girls original personalities survived the 2 years of JPT Academy doesn?t bear thinking about.

It certainly does grate that any future success afforded on the Wonder Girls will be more ammunition for JPT to use to brief against established International Asian Stars, so to increase his twisted godlike complex...his appetite to leech of others and control people by having them "dance" like puppets by pulling their strings.... so blatant and shameless...

I love BoA?s sense of humour, and admire her pragmatic approach to success...
Posted on: 2009/11/24 3:22
Addicted to Hikki
A/S/L 19 ◊ F ◊ NYC ^ᴥ^
Ugh, dunno what to say about this

But I do know its not alright to blame ALL of k-pop just for what JYP said.
There's a lot of talent in S.Korea, as there is in Japan/US etcetc.

I honestly don't think he meant it the way most people are taking it.
However, I'm not gonna say you guys are overreacting,
'cause if it was my favorite singer/group, I'd be upset too~

??[Facebook]
Posted on: 2009/11/30 23:57
  •  Unregistered
      Unregistered
guest_Unregistered
He needs to shut up. Seriously, why is he saying that famously known Utada hired Timbaland just to get known and failed? Just because he produced and composed songs doesn't mean it is original. If he thought back, Korean artists and producers majority sing Pop and R&B which originated from where? America. Honestly, I don't find "Wonder Girls" deserving the top Asia Music in America. That's nonsense. Utada Hikaru, Coco Lee, and BoA has been in the music industry for years, and they're not even on the list. Bull.
Posted on: 2009/12/1 17:04
  •  merchantdog2
      merchantdog2
UtadaNet Newbie
A/S/L
MY OPINION:
None of the asian acts that are popular oversees will make it "big"in the States.Remember that Hikki and Yuna Ito are both American.Talent doesn't matter in today's popular music world,look at the Britni Spears and Jessica Simpson's.It is all promotion.
Most of the American acts that "make it big" spend years playing small shows,traveling from gig to gig,cross country before they are "discovered".I don't think that Utada,Yumi,Ayumi,Boa or any of the other really big acts are going to stop performing for millions of people world-wide(not to mention a ton of money)to come ride a tour bus around the U.S. for a few years.
Besides which their music is available for those people who really want to listen(everyone reading this).It would be Great if an asian group/performer would be a big hit over here,but it probably won't happen.Although maybe Anna Tsuchiya will be the next Shakira?Who really knows?
Posted on: 2009/12/4 2:16
  •  jreuij
      jreuij
Insane Hikki Fan
A/S/L female
i think the key is over exposure..
Posted on: 2009/12/8 4:34
  •  zunecrazy
      zunecrazy
Addicted to Hikki
A/S/L 20/ Male / Miami FL
I think that if anyone has failed in the USA, it's her label. Let's face it, Utada gets almost NO promotion at all. I've never even heard ANY of her songs on the radio. Exodus only got one super exclusive meet and greet in the USA, that and Timbaland did the beats! No adverts, nothing. She's great, better than the GaGas and the Beyonces but what does it matter without promotion?
Posted on: 2009/12/8 10:10
  •  felisity
      felisity
UtadaNet Newbie
A/S/L
In my opinion Utada has not made it big in the US because she needs the over exposure some of you are talking about. Linking Wonder Girls and Jonas Brothers means at least tons of people are going to see you and know about you.

We agree that Utada has a complete and awesome background and a huge career behind her but it doesn't count once she's out of Japan or Asia.So she must link herself with some great perfomers, like Ne-Yo for example, so she doesn't lose her integrity but at least people hear about her. I don't want her to make a duet with Britney , and Beyonce might be really too different for clean-cute Utada, but some R & B people out there could help her.

Wonder Girls might do big because they're a beautiful pack of korean girls, catchy song and good marketing strategy, even though i would prefer Utada to be the one that opens the way to Asian music into the US or the Western World.
Posted on: 2009/12/8 16:41
  •  ramenbox
      ramenbox
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L 19/F/Malaysia
Linking her to popular established artists? Sounds like a good idea but let's pray if that ever happens, the so called established artist will not be too dominant and cause her style to change. I wouldn't want that. Since sang with Mika recently, I've been thinking both of their voices sound really nice together. *hint hint*

Ya know, the song Do You featuring Utada is really better than the original. Sadly, in my country, they never play the version that features Utada. It sucks. I'm just taking the opportunity to rant. Ignore me.
Posted on: 2009/12/9 8:23
  •  percypenn
      percypenn
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L tmp
im sick and tired of this topic.

the US audience failed hikaru and not the other way around!

nuff said!
Posted on: 2009/12/9 10:48
  •  Hikaruxhide
      Hikaruxhide
Addicted to Hikki
A/S/L 25/F/NYC
I think like a lot of people have mentioned, JYP doesn't know what hes talking about. Utada has more fans in the U.S. than the wonder girls. To me the wonder girls don't really have good music, they just entertain and they are not real musicians. JYP can suck it!
Posted on: 2009/12/9 11:04
 Top   Previous Topic   Next Topic
<1234567>