Utada Net.com Forum Index
   General Discussion
  2012 - theories, stories, idea (not the movie)

Bottom   Previous Topic   Next Topic
  •  Topic options
Poster Thread
  •  Unregistered
      Unregistered
2012 - theories, stories, idea (not the movie)
guest_Unregistered
Ok, so there was lots of talk in the Movie thread about 2012. Here's what I know, and you guys can add to it or do whatever you want haha.

Basically, the Mayans learned how to read and track the stars, and after 200-300 years, made the Long Count Calendar. They used their math and observation skills to predict future movement of the stars, which also led them to discover that the Earth wobbles on its axis instead doing a perfect circle or whatever. The wobbling causes the stars' patterns to drift in the sky in a 5,125 year cycle. So, the Mayans predicted that the world would end at the end. The Mayans also believed that the Sun is really a God and that beheading folks in a sacrificial ceremony would keep 'em chugging along their merry way. The researchers DID say, I think, that their Long Calender did line up pretty well with the Gregorian calendar we use today. I could be wrong on that one.

There's also a belief that under the Sphinx in Egypt, underwater in/near Bimini, and near Piedras Negras (Black Rocks) in Guatemala in the Yucatan area are "Halls of Records" which contain loads of information about the end of the world and possibly treasures saved from Atlantis and some other place called Mu (I also read a theory that the Mayans and the Egyptians might have come from Atlantis originally and just happened to end up on opposite sides of the world when the City hit the bricks, which would explain their advancedness in some things. IF Atlantis existed). While there are not yet any good openings underneath, scientists and other peeps -have- found that there is a 20x40 foot "room" underneath the Sphinx. I don't know why, but there hasn't been a way to get under there yet. On the documentary I saw, the path the researchers tried was flooded and I think a wall blocking the way.

The Hall of Records in the Yucatan is like in the dead center of the rainforest, which is also infested with Guerilla soldiers. Combine that with the humidity and remoteness, and researchers have had trouble staying very long.

Anywho, do I personally think the world will end? Nah. I think it's possible that there will be a major change in the world at some point and -maybe- the continents will break apart and the world climate will change and all that fun stuff. But who's to say when it'll happen?

Sorry to make that so long!
Posted on: 2009/11/21 12:55
  •  Polyrhythm
      Polyrhythm
Re: 2012 - theories, stories, idea (not the movie)
UN Reporter
A/S/L 17/M/Southern California
My answer to you (and the correct answer): Its all BS.

Signature made by me (DEEP RIVER from AHS Forum)
Graphics Shop
Posted on: 2009/11/21 13:05
  •  marcocsb
      marcocsb
UtadaNet Regular
A/S/L
It's a delusion, the world will not end on 2012, the mayan calendar only says that the current cycle or age is going to end on 2012 but the world is not. Most of the theories about 2012 have been refuted.
On the other hand statistics point to a great event that could occur around that time but it doesn't need to take place on 2012, it could be on 2010 who knows.
It's about time for a pandemic to hit the world according to statistics, also a sun flare (not sure about the correct english term) could happend any time now but again it doesn't have to be on 2012 nor december 21st of 2012. The sun flare could be a big one but it won't end the world but we would see chaos in the world, no Internet, no TV, no phones nor cellphones, no electricity, no working cars, etc. But it won't last forever and we would survive.
Posted on: 2009/11/21 19:17
  •  Unregistered
      Unregistered
guest_Unregistered
lol that was what I was saying, despite the info I supplied or whatever. I just wanted to see if anyone had anything different to add to the consensus that the world will not end in 2 years, you know?
Posted on: 2009/11/22 3:25
 Top   Previous Topic   Next Topic